Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

That wasn't what I was confused about. (Or were you asking?) Usually each person decides for themselves. And when they got enough, they post here. Then Sue will update it by your name on the first post. HTH. :)

Lol I was asking.... But you answered my question.

Penny

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I second that emotion! :manyheart:lol:hug

And I third that emotion:manyheart I am not great at making squares- and usually do a granny- and I hope that everyone I've sent one to knows that they are made with love:manyheart

I treasure each and every square I've received- plain or fancy!!! :hug:hug:hug

:eek OK! OK! I won't frog them. But in the future my squares are going to be a little fancier. :manyheart

:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay They surely will be appreciated and loved!!! Glad you are NOT visiting the frog pond!!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap

:yayGOOD NEWS!!! I only have a hole in my heart!!! It's not the biggest or the smallest she's seen and have to get it fixed within the next few months but oh so much better then what was originally thought!!! I'm soo happy!!!

:hug Wonderful news- that really brightened up my day!!!!!:hug

Sheesh! That sounds like the (normal) weather, here. Except we don't have the humidity you probably have there. Last summer it was like that (temperature wise), here; and our air went out, too. (AC guys came out at least six times and it still doesn't work right... :blush) This summer is way below normal for the heat here. It's in the triple digits, but not 117 or 112... Today it's 103. (I can handle that.) Hope your ac starts working good again...

I grew up in the high desert of southern California so I'm used to the triple digits. Dry heat isn't so bad, it is the humidity that gets me! Atleast it isn't as bad here as it was in SC. Ick!

I received my final square from karishema!!! :hug thank you so much, I love it!! The angel is beautiful too!

Sue....no more squares needed!! I'm going to get busy and border them.

no puffy's all week, my mailbox is so sad.......Im off to the pet store, (for cat food, not pets, lol) and will check when I return, could be he hasn't been here yet! Keeping my fingers crossed!! Will i also receive word via forum that someone I mailed to, has received their sqaure today!! That would be JUST as fabulous!

Gotta say, having a time with these larger sqaures, bout ready to throw in the towel, what s the problem you ask, well, using more than one color, they tend to get a bit tilted, now I know it's advised to turn every other row, or so, but i don't care for the looks of that much, i like a definate "right" and wrong side to the piece. Im thinking just doing all the 12 inches in solids people, unless I can get this right! lol Is everyone ok with that, is my question?????? ok, thanks!:think:yarn

I made one, out of 4 6 inch squares, and although acceptable, not good enough in my opinion to sent to someone, lol so will work on that, it's been you know, to the frog pond once or twice already....eek...me bad! lol Ill take a pic of it, and see if it would pass you alls standards, or do i use it for a cat mat?? lol I really don't wanna frog it again,,,,,,,,sigh..... had help with that part as Max likes unraveled yarn!!! ANd if it's not unraveled, he unravels it himself!! silly kitty!

no puffy's all week, my mailbox is so sad.......Im off to the pet store, (for cat food, not pets, lol) and will check when I return, could be he hasn't been here yet! Keeping my fingers crossed!! Will i also receive word via forum that someone I mailed to, has received their sqaure today!! That would be JUST as fabulous!

Gotta say, having a time with these larger sqaures, bout ready to throw in the towel, what s the problem you ask, well, using more than one color, they tend to get a bit tilted, now I know it's advised to turn every other row, or so, but i don't care for the looks of that much, i like a definate "right" and wrong side to the piece. Im thinking just doing all the 12 inches in solids people, unless I can get this right! lol Is everyone ok with that, is my question?????? ok, thanks!:think:yarn

Just speaking for myself here, but I tend to have the same problem, lol. When I turn the square every other row I always mess it up! :lol Solid colors are just fine by me! :yes It's alot easier than weaving in all those ends too! :hook

(¯` * •. ¸ ¸ • * '¯) ♥Good Morning♥ (¯` * •. ¸ ¸ • * '¯)

:whew …. Its another hot one here! Sure could use this heat to evaporate the flood waters.

Today… I’m going to try and stay busy with my crocheting.

Projects for today will be………….

♥ I have dishcloths to make for my mom. She gave me 3 balls of cotton to make her cloths with. She loves my handmade dishcloths and apparently its time to replace the last set. J

♥ I’m making a little gift for a dear friend and her daughter!

♥ A baby gift for another friend. I have the SBT done… working on a matching blanket

I need to get a couple loads of laundry done and get some things ready to go to the ball field tonight. This is the last night for the tournament!

Miss Sue............... can I get an updated list. I have squares to make and mail!!! :hook

Have a great day ladies!

Stay safe and cool!

Prayers for a couple local firefighters please. They were taken by life flight from heat stroke while fighting a fire about 10miles away! L

:heart

:mug

@ Susan......so glad to hear good news!

Katyallen......don't frog any!! I'm sure they look great!! Solid colors - 4 6inchers, and all!!

@Tammie......well keep firefighters in prayers! :eek

Looking so forward to seeing all the pretty ghans!! Hopefully today or tomorrow I can take stock and see just how many Kalie and I have. I know not near enough yet! Still cannot make up my mind if I want to border them in white or black yet. Or even another color!! :lol

Just speaking for myself here, but I tend to have the same problem, lol. When I turn the square every other row I always mess it up! :lol Solid colors are just fine by me! :yes It's alot easier than weaving in all those ends too! :hook

Oh goodie, I will make you a solid, you did ask for 12 inchers, i think, this is great, lol thankyou!

@ Susan......so glad to hear good news! Me too!!!

Katyallen......don't frog any!! I'm sure they look great!! Solid colors - 4 6inchers, and all!! Ack, pic to come a bit later on, for opinions please, lol be gentle!

@Tammie......well keep firefighters in prayers! :eek

Looking so forward to seeing all the pretty ghans!! Hopefully today or tomorrow I can take stock and see just how many Kalie and I have. I know not near enough yet! Still cannot make up my mind if I want to border them in white or black yet. Or even another color!! :lol

Hi Neighbor! I chose buff, to edge mine, have done a few. looking good!! hope you're keeping dry still, and staying hydrated!

Tammy, sent you the list. :hug

I received my final square from karishema!!! :hug thank you so much, I love it!! The angel is beautiful too!

Sue....no more squares needed!! I'm going to get busy and border them.

:cheer I made note on the list and will do the same in the 1st post! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

Sue-Not sure if you saw my other post asking for a new list, but could you send me one? Thanks!

Sorry, I missed it. Sent it now! :)

Here is a pic of all my squares so far. My baby was interested in all the pretty colors and squirmed over to investigate :heart

Awww! Too cute!!

I got another square today. :eek From katyallen8090!! Thank you so much, Katy~ I love it! :clap And it came on mine & my husband's 19th wedding anniversary~ How cool is that? :D Thank you!

:hug

post-20-135897678877_thumb.jpg

That is wonderful news!!! :cheer:hug

Yes, you are strange...what was the question?? :lol Tell Nick to watch the mail, sent him a little something today I thought he might like. :)

Thank you, I told him. I don't mind being strange. :D

I'm sorry you are having a hard time. I do the majority of my squares in one color. :yes I also never turn my squares and I've only run across one or two that tell you to do that. As a matter of fact I remember someone asking us to use a specific square for a ghan we were making for someone and that square required turning each row. Can I tell you how many times I frogged it :eek. It looked lopsided every single time, :yuck and drove me crazy. I got rid of that pattern right after that. :lol I love all the squares I get, lopsided or straight because someone took the time to make one for me.

Here is a pic of all my squares so far. My baby was interested in all the pretty colors and squirmed over to investigate :heart

Awww, so cute!

I got another square today. :eek From katyallen8090!! Thank you so much, Katy~ I love it! :clap And it came on mine & my husband's 19th wedding anniversary~ How cool is that? :D Thank you!

Pretty square! Happy Anniversary!

yay! You I believe are the first to post you received sooooooooo I believe I owe you another sqaure!!!!!!! yay!!!! Glad you like it, and happy 19th!!

Thank you, I told him. I don't mind being strange. :D

I'm sorry you are having a hard time. I do the majority of my squares in one color. :yes I also never turn my squares and I've only run across one or two that tell you to do that. As a matter of fact I remember someone asking us to use a specific square for a ghan we were making for someone and that square required turning each row. Can I tell you how many times I frogged it :eek. It looked lopsided every single time, :yuck and drove me crazy. I got rid of that pattern right after that. :lol I love all the squares I get, lopsided or straight because someone took the time to make one for me.

Hi pat, and it's getting easier lol guess I just needed to practice! I too appreciate any and all, knowing that someone made it just for me, gosh, that is a great feeling!

Archived