Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Welcome to all the new members :cheer:cheer:cheer the ladies on here are great ! Im sure you will love it here :)

Its been a few days since Ive been on, I had a severe mishap with half ( or is it all :( ) of the outlets in the basement ( they went out), and I havent been able to get online. For some reason my computer does not like being upstairs, but I finally got it to work up here.

Sue, could I please get a new list, Please, Please, Puuuuuhhhhleeeeze :manyheart

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im sorry Sue 6 hours ....Id be bald headed. Id pull out every strand one by one. ****

:lol

Sue, could I please get a new list, Please, Please, Puuuuuhhhhleeeeze :manyheart

Just for you Lacey! :lol

:turtle:vheart

Oh, I got another square done and ready to go. I'm going to stamp it now and put it in the mailbox! :) I am going to get all caught up on the list if it kills me! :lol

I just went through and updated the list again for MIAs. Some have been taken off MIA and some added. :)

So does that mean I need a new list or is mine okay?

Okay, more dumb questions - to mail a square... do you use a padded envelope, or is a regular one okay? Do you mail the squares flat or folded?

I am totally new to the entire square thing so will most likely have more dumb questions. And just a disclaimer: if I send a square and you don't like it, do not feel obligated to use it. :P I've never done a square in my life before this month so bear with me. (well, other than the granny square afghans that were more lapghans because I ran out of patience. AND I had no idea they were granny squares when I made them. my grandma showed me how to start and I just kept getting them bigger and bigger to make the lapghan (which I didn't know was a word until recently))

So.... doing my best over here. :hook

Apologies in advance. :lol

Evelyn, love your puppy. ::manyheart

So does that mean I need a new list or is mine okay?

Okay, more dumb questions - to mail a square... do you use a padded envelope, or is a regular one okay? Do you mail the squares flat or folded?

I am totally new to the entire square thing so will most likely have more dumb questions. And just a disclaimer: if I send a square and you don't like it, do not feel obligated to use it. :P I've never done a square in my life before this month so bear with me. (well, other than the granny square afghans that were more lapghans because I ran out of patience. AND I had no idea they were granny squares when I made them. my grandma showed me how to start and I just kept getting them bigger and bigger to make the lapghan (which I didn't know was a word until recently))

So.... doing my best over here. :hook

Apologies in advance. :lol

Evelyn, love your puppy. ::manyheart

Your list should be okay. :)

I use whatever I have on hand, padded or not. I fold them. :)

They don't call me the "Square Mom" for nothing. :rofl

well, my first one went out today. regular envelope, $1.22 to mail because it was 'poofy' says the mailman. :P

I'm just happy one is done and it even looks right. :hook

it finally turned out to be a gorgeous day today, foggy and speckling of misty rain this morning but the sun is out! I finally got to take my Harley for the maiden voyage of the year but I did manage to get some squares finished up this morning and now I'm back to work on some more.

Square Mom please send me an updated list???

explain this....

*Kimsgoodies: 6 or 12" baby yarn, boy or girl colors

I am thinking in baby yarn, will light neutral variegated work?

abby is so adorable! I'm so happy she finally got to come home!!

well, my first one went out today. regular envelope, $1.22 to mail because it was 'poofy' says the mailman. :P

I'm just happy one is done and it even looks right. :hook

Even though you are using envelopes, the USPS considers them packages so make sure you use the postage rate for that. Found that out the hard way when someone (NICOLE! :lol ) sent me a package and I had to go pay $.17 to pick it up. :rofl

it finally turned out to be a gorgeous day today, foggy and speckling of misty rain this morning but the sun is out! I finally got to take my Harley for the maiden voyage of the year but I did manage to get some squares finished up this morning and now I'm back to work on some more.

Square Mom please send me an updated list???

explain this....

*Kimsgoodies: 6 or 12" baby yarn, boy or girl colors

I am thinking in baby yarn, will light neutral variegated work?

abby is so adorable! I'm so happy she finally got to come home!!

Sent the list! :)

I think that's what she wants, baby yarn, but in either baby boy or baby girl colors. ???

Hello Ladies, welcome to all the newbies. I know I've been missing, everyone got sick and we've had whatever it is for the past 3 weeks. By the time I get home from work I'm dead and just want to go to sleep. Finally started feeling human again. Now we are just dealing with snow and snow and snow again. I just don't remember the last time it snowed every week. Usually you get rid of what's on the ground and then it comes again. Now it just keeps adding up. I am sooooooo ready for spring.

Ok, square mommy, I need an updated list. I think I have to get my self crocheting again.

Oh my goodness, Evelyn your puppy is absolutely gorgeous....Now I want one.

Yes Im good with color baby yarn........as long as the girl and boy colors aren't mixed. No pink with the blue....I hope this is clear.

Thanks for all the wonderful welcomes I feel very special & at home already. I just got a package returned to me today, so a girl knows about postage now. I will resend in the morning, with 3 postage stamps instead of two. Ugh! Going to Zumba tonight, will have no time to make it to the post office today.

On the same note....if you receive a square you don't want, I have no problem with you not using it, or sending it along to someone who may. This is so fun.

Have a wonderful rest of the day ladies. Pray for me.....this is my first time Zumba-ing....lol

Kimgoodie

For me, there is no such thing as a square I don't want. I want them all. I want a friendship ghan made of squares from friends at the 'ville. I don't care about color or design. I didn't want anyone to feel they are beginners and afraid their square wasn't good enough or anyone to have to go out and buy a certain color. I just want it to be one crazy afghan just for me. I never had one for myself since I give them all away or even when I start to make one for me someone sees it and says "ooh, is that for someone in particular or can I have it". Of course if I say "it's for me" I get the "you can make yourself another one". Mind you, these are people I know, although I did give one to a stranger because she just loved it. Oh well, that's what crocheters do. So if you are thinking of making one for me the only thing I ask is that it is 8 inches, other than that, have fun. Sorry for rambling but I just starting to say one thing and the fingers kept typing. :lol

good morning!! its friday so that puts me in a good mood :lol i think thid weekend i will work on my 3sub and see if i cant find my stitch sampler. i need to get these wips done as i want to start on the cathedral afghan. i bought the pattern last year. but i have to finish my 3 sub and scotts blanket and i need to finish my stitch sampler.. wow thats a lot. hope everyone has a great day

Archived