Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

I know everyone is pretty busy, but if you happen to have a little extra time (and some purple yarn) I would really love some help in putting together a comfortghan for my mom. She's been sick basically for the last 10-15 years, and this year alone she's been hospitalized 5 times for various complications from her myriad of illnesses.

Here's the link to my comfortghan post:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2181547#post2181547

And even if you don't have time/money to make a square, I will gladly accept any thoughts and prayers for my mom's health!

Thank you all so much for being an awesome group of ladies--I don't think I've ever been on a forum that is so full of caring and kind people. :hug

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:hug happy, healing thoughts Tammy!!!

there are a few ones on CPC in the last few weeks, smooth fox has some new ones on her site also....other than that, I'm at a loss. Heather you new celtic scarf on esty is gorgeous!!

Thanks...I will have to head over to cpc and check them out - sometimes I forget to check for new stuff over there. Not sure what smooth fox is, but I will head over there as well.

BTW: I'm glad you like the scarf...Etsy is awesome! I just listed some yarn for sale, have a couple of scarves that I plan on listing too, and I'm hoping to add some more patterns soon ;) I have another class to pay for, so I am hoping to make some extra $$...getting an education is expensive - not to mention the upcoming holiday :eek

I know everyone is pretty busy, but if you happen to have a little extra time (and some purple yarn) I would really love some help in putting together a comfortghan for my mom. She's been sick basically for the last 10-15 years, and this year alone she's been hospitalized 5 times for various complications from her myriad of illnesses.

And even if you don't have time/money to make a square, I will gladly accept any thoughts and prayers for my mom's health!

Thank you all so much for being an awesome group of ladies--I don't think I've ever been on a forum that is so full of caring and kind people. :hug

I'll try to get one done this week for you! :hug

Thanks...I will have to head over to cpc and check them out - sometimes I forget to check for new stuff over there. Not sure what smooth fox is, but I will head over there as well.

BTW: I'm glad you like the scarf...Etsy is awesome! I just listed some yarn for sale, have a couple of scarves that I plan on listing too, and I'm hoping to add some more patterns soon ;) I have another class to pay for, so I am hoping to make some extra $$...getting an education is expensive - not to mention the upcoming holiday :eek

I love Smooth Fox's square patterns!

And yes, youre scarf is beautiful! I was lucky to test it for Heather. :)

:turtle:vheart

You are so lucky to test the scarf Sue!! Are cables hard to do? They look very intimidating to me.

I was gifted 4 large bags of yarn this weekend. A lady at work knows I do various scarves, blankets, hats and what-nots for different people and thought I could put them to good use. Lucky me!!

It's cold and snowing here....tomorrow's high is not suppose to hit 30. I brought in a few double strand hats to work and everyone loved them! One lady took the one off my head as I was leaving work.

got a tooth pulled, not lookimg forward to novacaine wearing off, though i have taken a vicadin...spent last night going through all my yarn and straightening my stash out...it's snowy and icy here also. So it's been hard getting into and out of the truck to get everything. Plus my allergies started acting up right before i can home so i have to be careful and not catch a cold on top of it. all and all an a FUN filled hometime!!

Mandymae= your mother's square will be on the way as well as my prayers!! :hug

I'll have one out to you next week. My thoughts are with you and your mom.:hug

You are so lucky to test the scarf Sue!! Are cables hard to do? They look very intimidating to me.

I was gifted 4 large bags of yarn this weekend. A lady at work knows I do various scarves, blankets, hats and what-nots for different people and thought I could put them to good use. Lucky me!!

It's cold and snowing here....tomorrow's high is not suppose to hit 30. I brought in a few double strand hats to work and everyone loved them! One lady took the one off my head as I was leaving work.

The cables are FPDCs. Its really not that difficult.

Snow? Windows are open and I'm in shorts and a tank top! :P

got a tooth pulled, not lookimg forward to novacaine wearing off, though i have taken a vicadin...spent last night going through all my yarn and straightening my stash out...it's snowy and icy here also. So it's been hard getting into and out of the truck to get everything. Plus my allergies started acting up right before i can home so i have to be careful and not catch a cold on top of it. all and all an a FUN filled hometime!!

YIKES! I have an appt with the oral surgeon tomorrow to see about pulling my last 2 wisdom teeth. I can't take hard core pain meds, they do a number on me. Feel better Melissa!! :hug

I am going to assume acrylic as in RHSS and get started on one. I will keep you and your mom in my prayers! :hug:hug

:hug:hug Hope you do okay. I think that is one of the pain meds that made me really sick.

They showed snow flurries in downtown KC on the news last Fri. We have been having our typical see saw weather. 60's and 70's then have a 30 or 50 degree drop, warm back up, and then drop again.

:cheer i finally got a call for a job interview. Its at a nursing home/rehab place but I am way excited I really need this job. Its tomorrow morning i am so nervous.

its almost 60 and rainy here, but we're suppose to have snow by thursday. i just LOVE MI weather.

Thank you Trish!!! My cute turtle came today! :hug I'll post a picture later!

:cheer i finally got a call for a job interview. Its at a nursing home/rehab place but I am way excited I really need this job. Its tomorrow morning i am so nervous.

its almost 60 and rainy here, but we're suppose to have snow by thursday. i just LOVE MI weather.

Fingers crossed for you!!!! Let us know how it goes!! :cheer:hug

awww!! he's wonderful!

vicadin isn't making me sick just sleepy. Most of these type meds you need to take with at least milk to coat your tummy. I have the big huge horse pills of amoxicillan to take also. They also require food. Yogurt and Pudding are great for this purpose. I also scrambled me some eggs. which is about the limit of my cooking skills!! :D

Wonderful exciting thoughts coming your way. Let's us know how it goes.

I'll get one done for you this week. Prayers coming along with it.

Thank you Baseballmom 18. I just received the very pretty square you sent to me. I'll try and put a pic up later. I've have some others to take and don't know where I put the camera. It's around somewhere.

How exciting! I know you will do great...

I finally got a test date for my cna exam - Dec. 4th. I'm so nervous!

:hug

My celtic cable scarf is an intermediate cable pattern, but cables in general aren't really that difficult...like Sue said, they are really just fpdc that criss cross each other...

:cheerI GOT THE JOB.:jumpyay:woo I could have started monday , but I cant find my ss card I have to get a new one first. so before christmas I should start.

Heather you will do great, just take a deep breath before you start.

and any chance on that really pretty vine scarf being wrote up anytime soon????? like in enough time to whip one out for my mil for x-mas???:D

I GOT THE JOB. I could have started monday , but I cant find my ss card I have to get a new one first. so before christmas I should start.

Heather you will do great, just take a deep breath before you start

:woo You must be thrilled...congratulations!

Archived