Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sue, I'd be happy to help out. I SAH and can always forward it from my Blackberry if I'm not home for some reason.

Alesha, enjoy the vacay!!

Nichole, I totally do the same thing. I think it's because I can't stand to leave such a tiny bit of yarn un-crocheted. LOL

Michelle thank you for the blue and pink blue and white squares, I found them in the envelope while cleaning up my mail. No one told me I had a puffy:angry. So michelle I am sorry it took so long they are really pretty and will make a great addition to my ghan.:hug

That's okay! :) I'm just glad you got them and can use them!!

[

me too please for a list :)

now my energy is low again, stupid lupus/fibro.. it cramps my style! I had a great past month of loads of energy and got so much things done. But now I got more down time to sit and crochet. today was pretty good though, I was able to go biking! Checked the thrift shop, no new vintage books. I did find some cute craft supplies though, and I did see a weird crochet hook. It was a Boye, silver metal (not actually silver, but it was silver colored shiny metal) and it had a ball at the end. I hadn't seen a crochet hook like that before. I should have got it, it was an I hook though. I usually use G. Maybe if I'm up for it, I'll go get it tomorrow. It was just odd and kind of neat looking. I always see stuff, get home and go "ugh I should have bought it!"

Plus tomorrow my shelving should arrive and also some plastic shoeboxes! I got the Whitmor brand wire crate type shelving, meant for kids I think, from Amazon in white, to put together and have my husband hang them on the wall. I haven't quite figured out that part yet, but it can't be that hard. Then I can sort some yarn into it, that way I can easily see what colors I have for squares and washcloths, then some can hold fabric too since I'm back to using it fairly often now cause of swapbot! Then the shoeboxes to sort other small crafty things so I feel less like a disaster. Joining swapbot means there is crafts all over the house now. Seriously, half the couch is covered too haha! I make room for us to sit and then tell my husband "AHH! Don't move so much! You'll mess it up!" haha He's so good, he sits still as best he can haha. I do have to constantly swat his hand away from the various tools and supplies, I'm all "Hey! Tools for crafting, not for playing!" and I say "You don't see me getting the cordless drill and running around giggling and draining the battery do you? So paws off my crochet hook!" hehehe.. we both just laugh, cause we both know he's gonna constantly pick my craft stuff up and mess with it hahaha

I've been busy with the swapbot site too this last month, even found some crochet square swaps yay! I've sent out three envelopes and one so far has been sent to me, and I have another swap I mail out next week, and another soon after if I qualify for the swap. My afghan is gonna have squares from all over the world. The UK yarn one is so nice, thinner than worsted but beautiful! She even sent me samples so I could make at least one more (maybe more?) granny square :)

Plus the librarian asked me to teach crochet recently! I'm in a panic a little, I think I can do it but it's still nervous for me. I am not very social face to face, in fact.. I turn red, and forget how to speak practically. But I saw on one of the crochet sites (I forget, one of the ones that teaches certifications) it has info on how to teach people. So, with that.. and it's at the library so we can snag books too for more diagarams. I think I will tell her yes :) It could be fun and then I'd also get to finally meet others who crochet in person too! I think it'll be fun to teach them basics, and then if they practice, I can teach them the basics of amigurumi and granny squares. My two favorite things hehe!

So that's where I've been

:eek Wow for some one low on energy, you wore me out just reading all that!!! :lol It was fun though! :D

:yay GOOD NEWS!!! DH and I are officially moving out of my parent's house on Oct 30th :yes We looked at the apts my sister lives in (she's been there over 2 years) and because everyone loves my sister, the manager waived the application fees ($50) and pretty much approved us instantly, she only ran our credit as a formality, and she had "the guys" stop working on another apt so they could work on ours (getting all new carpet, linoleum, counter tops, and paint) so we can move in this month instead of waiting until Dec.!!!

The best part is all the storage space this unit has, a huge walk in pantry (good thing cuz I have tons of baking supplies) and a big hall closet (it's like 6 feet wide, like a bedroom closet... with the sliding doors) and a walk in closet in the master br.

So we'll be in the building next to my sister's and DH's brother lives in the complex behind us, so we'll all be neighbors :)

Woo Hoo!! congratulations!! sounds exciting and great!

Yay ty! Got the list :)

I am so excited! Tomorrow we're going to lowes so my husband can put up a shelf like we did in the livingroom, then we'll put the wire crate type things on top of it, he says that way if I ever want to use it to hold books.. it won't fall off the wall yay :)

Of course at Walmarts, I got a few skeins of caron simply soft.. you know.. to break it in tomorrow when I start to organize it all up. haha

hoping the librarian is there tomorrow, find out more from her what the class plan would be like or if I have free reign on dates/times. it's hard though because I do not drive, and there's not exactly a bus system. Sort of but not really, it doesn't go to the library. how nuts is that! but my husband said is no problem, on whatever day it is.. he can just go to work late. He works evenings :) said he'll bring a book and read, and he's also promised to let me teach him so i can make sure i can actually teach it clearly and all.

yay :)

Good morning...sorry that I haven't been around much - I have so much going on (school, etc.) when things slow down a bit I will start making squares again...I just don't have the time right now. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Good afternoon. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. Got some sad news today. My DIL has had either a miscarriage or she has an ectopic pregnancy again. She went through this in June and it looks like it's happened again:( They are keeping me updated as to what is going on. They were really excited again but this time they didn't tell too many people. I only found out early this week. She is also in my DD wedding next Sat. Poor thing she is just so sad:( They have a little girl who will be 3 in Dec. and really want another one. We will see what the future holds for them.

I'm spending the day trying to catch up on all my projects since next week is going to be hectic.

Hope everyone is having a great day.:hug

Good morning...sorry that I haven't been around much - I have so much going on (school, etc.) when things slow down a bit I will start making squares again...I just don't have the time right now. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

I know how you feel Heather!! :hug

Good afternoon. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. Got some sad news today. My DIL has had either a miscarriage or she has an ectopic pregnancy again. She went through this in June and it looks like it's happened again:( They are keeping me updated as to what is going on. They were really excited again but this time they didn't tell too many people. I only found out early this week. She is also in my DD wedding next Sat. Poor thing she is just so sad:( They have a little girl who will be 3 in Dec. and really want another one. We will see what the future holds for them.

I'm spending the day trying to catch up on all my projects since next week is going to be hectic.

I'm so sorry! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Just a note about the ami swap. You should have it mailed by this Wed (10/13) to guarantee your partner gets it by the deadline of 10/20! So far only 2 have been received and another was mailed, but waiting for someone to get their mail in Tenn! :lol

Just a note about the ami swap. You should have it mailed by this Wed (10/13) to guarantee your partner gets it by the deadline of 10/20! So far only 2 have been received and another was mailed, but waiting for someone to get their mail in Tenn! :lol

I will try and have it out monday i need to find the right size box.

I am so sorry to hear about such a sad event. I know a few people who have gone through miscarriages before and my sister went through a few before she had her daughter. It was very hard for her and it killed me to see her going through so much pain. I will be sending warm thoughts their way :hug.

Mine should be sent out tomorrow or the next day. I just hope it fits the word given to me. That's something that took me forever to get this started lol. But it is finished I just need to send it now.

Thanks so much Melissa B. for the cute cat ami. I :manyheart it. The fish button is tooo cute. Great Job :cheer

I'm posting a picture of the cute cat ami and a close-up "preview" of my ami, Now all I have to do is make the attachment pieces and put it together, I hope to finish it tonight.

post-40103-135897583208_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897583212_thumb.jpg

Archived