Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Homer and Monty are my tortoises names. I still like Shellbert! :lol

:turtle:vheart

:turtle I like Shellbert the best too, reference to turtle and is not too girly if the turtle is a boy :turtle I liked that name as soon as it was posted yesterday.

Taking a break from making squares until after Oct 17th... although I have a few that are ready to go out, just need a new list (*Hint Hint, Sue*)

As you may (or may not) know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and every year Temecula (where my store is) hosts one of the many Race for the Cure 5ks and the route passes by the gas station, this is probably my favorite day to work, I love all the stories and the "togetherness" that this event brings, it really warms my heart :heart

Anyway, we always pass out something to our customers on this day, one year is was pink pens, last year is was the magnetic car ribbons, and this year I thought that since I bought all this lovely Bernat Satin Flamingo yarn, I would make some pink ribbon pins to pass out, so basically all other projects are on hold until after the event (oh, except the Mystery Afghan, I don't wanna get behind on that)

For more info or ti find a race in your area check out http://www.komen.org

Also... (sorry this is turning into such a long post) I thought I'd open up an invitation for anyone who feels inclined to make little pink ribbon things to help me out, I'd appreciate that... the pins I'm making are about 2" (or about 5" before 'folding'), but you could make whatever you wanted.

Taking a break from making squares until after Oct 17th... although I have a few that are ready to go out, just need a new list (*Hint Hint, Sue*)

As you may (or may not) know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and every year Temecula (where my store is) hosts one of the many Race for the Cure 5ks and the route passes by the gas station, this is probably my favorite day to work, I love all the stories and the "togetherness" that this event brings, it really warms my heart :heart

Anyway, we always pass out something to our customers on this day, one year is was pink pens, last year is was the magnetic car ribbons, and this year I thought that since I bought all this lovely Bernat Satin Flamingo yarn, I would make some pink ribbon pins to pass out, so basically all other projects are on hold until after the event (oh, except the Mystery Afghan, I don't wanna get behind on that)

For more info or ti find a race in your area check out www.komen.org

Also... (sorry this is turning into such a long post) I thought I'd open up an invitation for anyone who feels inclined to make little pink ribbon things to help me out, I'd appreciate that... the pins I'm making are about 2" (or about 5" before 'folding'), but you could make whatever you wanted.

Sent! :):hug

Ami is done and ready to go out in the morning! Woot!

I got a sneak peek. Someone is going to be thrilled! I wish it was coming to me!!

I didn't know you had tortoises too, Sue...and I have to agree - Shellbert is perfect!

All tortoises (strictly land with elephant like legs) are turtles, but not all turtles are tortoises. :) Of my 4 turtles, 2 are tortoises. Monty and Homer are tortoises, Jake and Lucy are turtles.

Good morning ladies! I have a lot of catching up to do! Hope you all have a great day!

Welcome back!!! We missed you!!! :hug

I have my ami about half done. I started working on it last night. It's going to be on the big side as far as ami's go, but still qualifies, I believe.

Amis don't have to be small. The true definition is a crochet or knitted stuffed toy.

I finally finished the baby blanket that ive been working on for the last 4 months. Oddly enough its not that big. It just took forever. :) YAY Im so glad its done. Also made a pair of booties and a few hats/bonnets to go with it and a baby sweater shirt too

I finally finished the baby blanket that ive been working on for the last 4 months. Oddly enough its not that big. It just took forever. :) YAY Im so glad its done. Also made a pair of booties and a few hats/bonnets to go with it and a baby sweater shirt too

I feel like baby stuff is all I've been doing these past few months!

Archived