Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

:hi Goodmorning everybody

Sue and anybody else who likes turtles.

We have a turtle that lives in our yard (My grandma has tons of flowers, and plants) She was out today for a visit, got some pictures of her.

The first one is from our patio zoomed in at 16X (she is under a cinderblock that holds my grandma's flower pots off the ground, then a close up as close as I could get without her moving, the last one is her going home! :manyheart

post-40103-135897577246_thumb.jpg

post-40103-13589757725_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897577254_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just returned from getting an oil change/new battery in my car...I took along my crochet (in my new tote!) and I have to tell you - the attention it attracted was down right embarrassing. Usually I can get by with just a couple of comments...not so today! I had a whole group of guys watching me and saying how they never see anyone crochet (yes, they knew the difference between knitting & crochet) and they wanted to know what I was making, and on & on...I'm glad I couldn't see myself because I'm pretty sure I was blushing. :blush

:lol If you're single, wonder if it would be a good way to pick up men! :rofl

Seriously though, every time I start something my DH is like "what's that going to be?", what are you doing to it next? how long do you think that will take? that sure is pretty!" and when I finished our gs's blanket, he had us run right down to "present" it to them. He acted like he was just as proud of it as I was! :lol

I have a question about the amis? Most of the patterns I've seen call for 5mm black beads for eyes. My JoAnn's nor the Walmart's had any at all! What do ya'll use?

Seriously though, every time I start something my DH is like "what's that going to be?", what are you doing to it next? how long do you think that will take? that sure is pretty!" and when I finished our gs's blanket, he had us run right down to "present" it to them. He acted like he was just as proud of it as I was! :lol

I have a question about the amis? Most of the patterns I've seen call for 5mm black beads for eyes. My JoAnn's nor the Walmart's had any at all! What do ya'll use?

Black puffy paint! D

We have a turtle that lives in our yard (My grandma has tons of flowers, and plants) She was out today for a visit, got some pictures of her.

The first one is from our patio zoomed in at 16X (she is under a cinderblock that holds my grandma's flower pots off the ground, then a close up as close as I could get without her moving, the last one is her going home! :manyheart

What a cutie! :turtle

I miss my Franklin. He was a yellow-belly slider. He got a disease that caused his shell to peel and break off. It was very sad.

Black puffy paint! D

Wow! I had not thought of that! I really like the look of the beads, though. We are in such a remote area (craft wise) that I might have to do that anyway. Thank you so much for the idea!

Wow! I had not thought of that! I really like the look of the beads, though. We are in such a remote area (craft wise) that I might have to do that anyway. Thank you so much for the idea!

If you use the puffy paint right, they look just like beads since it is 3D.

Tina and Sabrina - I got your comfortafghan squares. I can't thank you enough!! I have them edged and ready to go along with the 2 I made.

I'm almost done my 2nd patriotic comfortghan. I hope to share pictures this afternoon.

My husband is kinda like that. If I am crocheting an afghan for someone else, he says "When are you going to finish my afghan?" :blush It took him 18 years to buy me a sewing machine, though, so... :P

Im making an Ami ninja turtle for my BF, Id join in on the Ami Swap, but being that I am having money problems, I dont want to commit to something and not be able to ship it out. I still have giveaway boxes sitting by my desk that are screaming to make it to their new homes and I feel so bad that I cannot ship them out right now. Hopefully soon though.......

Oh man, it's been the week from H-E-double L! We had to fire our weekend graveyard guy, my step-mom was watching surveillance because someone had their purse stolen out of their car and it turned out the same guys who stole the purse were in the store stealing all kinds of merch while "stupid butt" sat there reading... we're pretty sure he was high too, he kept itching and rocking and spent a long time in the restroom and came out rubbing his nose...

so now I'm stuck working 6 days this week (not graves, thank goodness), we were already short handed, we really didn't need this right now! However, the overtime I'll have on my next check will be nice :D

So I'm going to fully enjoy my one day off (today), I started working on the Bernat Mystery Afghan, almost done with the first clue then I think I'll make some squares for people on here, and maybe some Christmasy things... might go to lunch with the hubs and maybe rent a movie for later ;)

Thanks for listening to (reading) me rant again, hopefully in the near future I'll have some good news to report, like moving out of my parent's house :yes

I want to say a very special thank you to Brenda (bgs) I received a beautiful square from her a week or so ago. Sorry I'm late in posting!

Also thank you to Mandy (mandymae) for the awesome green square I received today!

Today I also received a sweet square from Tina (mom w/a motif). She also sent a pattern book and ami pattern I can't wait to try out!

This has been a very rough month for our family and getting these squares has really brightened my days! Thanks again!

:hug:hug I am glad to hear that it made it okay.

I finished the second (of 4) - this one is for the baby Adym. he just turned a year.

Here are the people that sent the squares for this one:

First Row - me, Melody, my friend Pat (not on the board)

Second Row - Becky, Brenda, Rene'

Third Row - Pat, Debra Kay, Kath

What do you think?

post-34258-135897577275_thumb.jpg

post-34258-135897577279_thumb.jpg

Just returned from getting an oil change/new battery in my car...I took along my crochet (in my new tote!) and I have to tell you - the attention it attracted was down right embarrassing. Usually I can get by with just a couple of comments...not so today! I had a whole group of guys watching me and saying how they never see anyone crochet (yes, they knew the difference between knitting & crochet) and they wanted to know what I was making, and on & on...I'm glad I couldn't see myself because I'm pretty sure I was blushing. :blush

Are you sure they were interested in what you were crocheting? I've seen a picture of you so I'd guess they just wanted a reason to talk to the hottie. ;)

What a gorgeous ornate box turtle! We get cooters in the canal out back, but that's about it. Well, the sea turtles when we go out to the jetty.

Like Nicole said, puffy paint. Or Tina said buttons. Or do french knots with the yarn.

I miss my Franklin. He was a yellow-belly slider. He got a disease that caused his shell to peel and break off. It was very sad.

:hug

Im making an Ami ninja turtle for my BF, Id join in on the Ami Swap, but being that I am having money problems, I dont want to commit to something and not be able to ship it out. I still have giveaway boxes sitting by my desk that are screaming to make it to their new homes and I feel so bad that I cannot ship them out right now. Hopefully soon though.......

We all hit hard times at one point or another. We understand. :hug

Oh man, it's been the week from H-E-double L! We had to fire our weekend graveyard guy, my step-mom was watching surveillance because someone had their purse stolen out of their car and it turned out the same guys who stole the purse were in the store stealing all kinds of merch while "stupid butt" sat there reading... we're pretty sure he was high too, he kept itching and rocking and spent a long time in the restroom and came out rubbing his nose...

so now I'm stuck working 6 days this week (not graves, thank goodness), we were already short handed, we really didn't need this right now! However, the overtime I'll have on my next check will be nice :D

So I'm going to fully enjoy my one day off (today), I started working on the Bernat Mystery Afghan, almost done with the first clue then I think I'll make some squares for people on here, and maybe some Christmasy things... might go to lunch with the hubs and maybe rent a movie for later ;)

Thanks for listening to (reading) me rant again, hopefully in the near future I'll have some good news to report, like moving out of my parent's house :yes

Gotta love people. At least you'll have extra money!! Enjoy your day off!

I finished the second (of 4) - this one is for the baby Adym. he just turned a year.

Here are the people that sent the squares for this one:

First Row - me, Melody, my friend Pat (not on the board)

Second Row - Becky, Brenda, Rene'

Third Row - Pat, Debra Kay, Kath

What do you think?

Very pretty!!!

:turtle:vheart

Tina and Sabrina - I got your comfortafghan squares. I can't thank you enough!! I have them edged and ready to go along with the 2 I made.

Alesha,

Me and my mom sent our squares out to you yesterday. We hope you get them tomorrow, since you don't live that far from us.

rene' what a cutie! it brings back memories of finding box turtles in the woods as a child
:waving When I live in Hawaii me and my friends used to come across bufo frogs or toads, they made such a loud noise.

:hug I'm doing the Mystery Afghan too. I haven't got to dig out my yarn yet. I tried the gauge earlier on other yarn and have to make adjustments to make it the right size :P

Thank you to tcandlgmom for the beautiful pumpkin colored square she sent me for my friendship ghan!!!:manyheart And how perfect that on the First Day of Fall, I received a pumpkin colored one!!! Thank you so much!!:hug As soon as I get three more,:devil I'll border them in black and attach them to my friendship'ghan!

post-27163-135897577321_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897577324_thumb.jpg

Archived