Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

I really want to join a CAL afghan! I am new to this site but my mom and I would love to do this! Would someone who is a pro at this let me know what we need to do to start recieving and making squares for ours?

Thanks so much! We are sooo excited!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really want to join a CAL afghan! I am new to this site but my mom and I would love to do this! Would someone who is a pro at this let me know what we need to do to start recieving and making squares for ours?

Welcome! Just pm Sue (TurtleLvr) and give her your name/address & let her know what size/color squares you would like to recieve...

Good afternoon ladies….I have been super busy at work. Sounds like everyone here is having a good time. I won’t be on line much next week, as I will be on VACATION!!!!!:clap:cheer It is the first week of archery season….so I’ll be in a tree stand, with bow, hook and yarn in hand! :hook

Everyone have a great weekend!

All this talk of ami....is there an ami for dummies?:think

yeah i need one also!

Neither of you are dummies, by the way... But did you see these I posted? I'm still trying to find more, too.. I don't know if this will work, but I'm trying to link to the pages that came up at Lionbrand yarn site for ami/toys. There are some easy ones on there. I have made a couple of the Rudy the Rectangles. They have legs, but maybe you could leave the legs off. HTH :hook

I was looking on Ravelry last night. (No school today, yay!!) I don't know if anyone has mentioned these amis, yet: Birds of a Feather, there is a "Simply a Gnome" ami in the sidebar of this blog. (It's a PDF file), Amigurumi Tea Cup Pincushion (Lionbrand yarn site), and this one I love: Stashbucks Cup And, I don't know if anyone would want to make my Ami Love Bug. The "legs" are the dc "worms" you make bookmarks with.. Just a couple more ideas.. :hook

The only squares I've sent out went out today to Heather since she did so many for Brenda's afghan, mine and the extras she let me have for the afghan I'm doing for my brother.

I've been quiet today since I smashed my finger at work. Typing hurts as does crochet. :(

:turtle:vheart

Oh no. :( I keep whacking my knuckles/fingers, and scraping my skin; but it doesn't stop me from crocheting. I hope your finger heals quickly.

The only squares I've sent out went out today to Heather since she did so many for Brenda's afghan, mine and the extras she let me have for the afghan I'm doing for my brother.

I've been quiet today since I smashed my finger at work. Typing hurts as does crochet. :(

PM TurtleLvr and let her know what size squares you want to collect, type of yarn (cotton or acrylic), color preference if any, pattern preference if any, along with your mailing address. There is a list of what others are collecting on page one. When you are ready to mail out squares contact TurtleLvr for a list of addresses.

Oh no, we can't have you injured!:eek:hug:hug:hug

Oh no Sue! :eek I hope it heals quickly...:hug On a different note - I will be stalking my mailbox! :lurk...

So I'm super excited because it's a severe weather alert here!! & that's my kind of weather I love storms =-] Does anybody else like storms like me or am I just weird?

I love storms, as long as they don't do damage, but then they wouldn't be storms :lol When there is a hurricane around I love watching the track I just don't want it to hit anyone.

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA for a while now, a lot's been going on here. I wanted to stop in and say than you to Brenda and Pat54 for the beautiful squares that you sent :). I'll be posting pics of them soon. It was especially nice to get them during a time that's been particularly difficult for me. Thank you again! :)

You are very welcome and glad it came at the right time for you.

I recieved 2 lovely packages in the mail. :) thank you Pat54 and BGS for the squares, they are so very lovely :hug

You are very welcome.

Good afternoon ladies….I have been super busy at work. Sounds like everyone here is having a good time. I won’t be on line much next week, as I will be on VACATION!!!!!:clap:cheer It is the first week of archery season….so I’ll be in a tree stand, with bow, hook and yarn in hand! :hook

Everyone have a great weekend!

Have a wonderful vacation. We will be here waiting when you come back.

I don't know if this will work, but I'm trying to link to the pages that came up at Lionbrand yarn site for ami/toys. There are some easy ones on there. :hook

Fantastic! Now that's my speed!

Ok, I found an acorn and did it. It's about as beginner as it gets.

Here's the pattern

post-39238-13589757585_thumb.jpg

post-39238-135897575854_thumb.jpg

I recieved 2 lovely packages in the mail. :) thank you Pat54 and BGS for the squares, they are so very lovely :hug

You're welcome. I am glad it made it to you okay.

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA for a while now, a lot's been going on here. I wanted to stop in and say than you to Brenda and Pat54 for the beautiful squares that you sent :). I'll be posting pics of them soon. It was especially nice to get them during a time that's been particularly difficult for me. Thank you again! :)

You're welcome. I am glad it was something to brighten your day. :hug:hug

Archived