Comforghans/Afghans for our beloved Veterans!

Barreira

Sorry I haven't been posting. My internet was messed up for a long time now, many months, but I thought it was my brand new PC with Windows 7 (hate Windows 7)! But it was my cable internet. It turned out the cable signal was very bad and making my internet go in and out. So when I would write up a post, I wouldn't know my internet had gone out, so when I'd click post, I had been logged out of the Ville and lost all I typed. Also when it rains it pours, as I guess many of you have read I broke my camera before I knew all this about the internet. Well I get paid on the 21st and I plan to get a camera that day and post pics that day or the next. I electronically challenged so that's why it might be the next day :D. Now I'm off to make another post to list names of afghan donations I've gotten since the internets been messed up! Thank you all for being so understanding and having no idea what's going on. Pics next week, you all are going to be amazed at the high professional quality work I've recieved! Can't wait for you all to see them! Each and every one of them! I still need more though, but we're getting there! Keep up the great work!!!!! :cheer:yay:clap

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Grannytme! I love the squares! I can't decide which are my favorite! I've been sewing them together slowly, as I get bored and go from a Veteran afghan to the beautiful squares you've sent to a baby afghan I've somehow squeezed in for one of my husband's fellow female Sailors at work. Thank you so much for the squares, I definately needed a change! I have ADD so I'm always switching! Thank soooo much! :clap

Thank you Debora S-A! Another beautiful afghan that I know the Veterans are going to love and I can't wait to give it to them! I'm so excited for November 11th to get here to see their faces! :yay

Hi minnisoda! Thank you again for the afghan....sorry you had to ask if I recieved it...you should never have had to do it, but I'm glad you did, because I know it gave us both peace of mind. But our cable company has a monopoly on the internet and cable here on base so I couldn't even go to someone's house to post. Anyway wonderful afghan very professional, and per your note thanking me...No, thank you for doing this, your a very wonderful person with a great heart! Thank you! :hug

Hi Smagola! I've kept everyones notes. I'm kinda weird, I keep theings like that and like to look back, they just make me smile thinking of how blessed we are all to be able to donate like this! You afghan is beautiful, so far I have few enough that I can still stack them on my quilt rack and yours just happens to be folded and on top and I always get compliments on it! Then I tell them that it was donated for the Veterans and I need 40+ for them by October. So one person that's seen it and heard the story behind it can crochet and is making one for the Veterans and someone else knits and is going to make one too! So it's getting me more donations!!! LOL Thank you!!!! :c9

Thank you everyone! You all have such big hearts to donate like this to people you have never met, seen, or even know anything about them. Except one thing, I guess all we need to know is they are Veterans! Someone that has been in the service to protect us and our country over a long period of time now. I just know they're going to love each and every one of the afghans! Thank you one and all. Keep an eye out for pics around the 21st or 22nd! I'm so exiceted to get a new camera so I can take pics and you all can see the beautiful work you've done and others have done. Thanks again, can't say it enough! Keep up the good work, still need more afghans! :cheer

Hi Krystal, Computers can be soooooo frustrating at times. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have hubby and daughter to help me. It looks like a good start to your goal of 40 or more by November. I've got another one started for you, but with the warm weather it's so hard to be inside. So this one may take me a little longer to complete.

I don't have pics of the squares yet, I'm going to wait till I get them sewn together. But I do have pics of the afghans I've recieved. I just recieved 4 in the mail the other day from Karin Kingsley. Thank you Karin they are so soft and beautiful!

post-8490-135897524076_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897524079_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897524081_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897524082_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897524084_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897524086_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897524087_thumb.jpg

Hi Krystal, Computers can be soooooo frustrating at times. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have hubby and daughter to help me. It looks like a good start to your goal of 40 or more by November. I've got another one started for you, but with the warm weather it's so hard to be inside. So this one may take me a little longer to complete.

I totally understand!!! It's sooo beautiful here and I can hardly crochet outside cause it's too hot to have an afghan on me outside! But I'm trying to do my best, I'm determined. Thank you so much for understanding and for all your help, It's greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks, Krystal

The afghans are so beautiful. And I see the one I made!! Thanks for posting the pictures.

I'm so happy I finally got them posted!!!! I'm excited everyone can see yours and everyone elses!!!! Thank you again Minnisoda!

Hi Krystal,

So glad the 4 made it...I finally located another large box and will send 4 more on Thursday!

Karin

Thank you so much Karin! They are such a big help and so beautiful! I have one problem with all the afghans though. My husbands trying to steal them all!!! His reasoning? He says since he's in the military that makes him a veteran! LOL But don't worry, he's not getting any! One because they're not for him and two, if he could have one, he couldn't make up his mind cause he loves them all!!!

Have a few more afghans heading your way later this week or next week!!:hook

StarStrong, thank you, you are sooooo helpful in this endevour. You have tought me a lot! I really apreciate everything!!!

I've recieved more beautiful 12" squares in the mail 2 days ago. Just beautiful! My husband was amazed and asked if I could make something like them for him. So a big thank you to Mrs. Eva Turney! I got red white and blue squares and some for another afghan in browns and mixed color yarns in the middle. The one that's my favorite is brown on the outside and yellow in the middle mixed with green and light browns and the other reminds me of mint chocolate chip (yummy!)! Thanks Eva! I will post pics after sewing them together!

have you received the 2 boxes of squares I sent from Pa?

Sorry I saw this after I posted that I recieved them just now. Yep I got them this past Wednesday, I'm not sure what day they came, I got a card and on base here the post office is only open for 1 hour a day and it wasn't meshing with my schedule so I was having a hard time getting there to pick them up. But I've got them now and they are beautiful, very high quality work!!!!! Thank you Eva!!!!

OMG You all are sooooo great. I can't believe the response I'm getting over this great cause. You all have such big hearts!!!! I got 3 more afghans in the mail today! The count is really picking up! They are so beautiful. Green and tan together are my favorite colors....lucky Veterans! Actually lucky us to be able to do something like this for them. And especially lucky me to be able to be there when they get them. I will post pics later tonight if I don't forget, I have a horrible memory :think. I have to get my hubby to work the camera cause I haven't figured it out quite yet, so that's another impossible task I'll have to overcome (getting hubby off his lazy butt)! Oh and by the way the next 3 pics will be of the afghans I recieved today from StarStrong! Thank you dear. I don't know if all of you have been reading all the posts or not, but this woman is awsome. She knows a lot about charity work and has helped my stumbling butt along the way and helped cheer everyone on! She's given me wonderful advice and I've been trying my darndest to do it. Thank you for all your help, advice and of course the Veterans afghans!

OMG You all are sooooo great. I can't believe the response I'm getting over this great cause. You all have such big hearts!!!! I got 3 more afghans in the mail today! The count is really picking up! They are so beautiful. Green and tan together are my favorite colors....lucky Veterans! Actually lucky us to be able to do something like this for them. And especially lucky me to be able to be there when they get them. I will post pics later tonight if I don't forget, I have a horrible memory :think. I have to get my hubby to work the camera cause I haven't figured it out quite yet, so that's another impossible task I'll have to overcome (getting hubby off his lazy butt)! Oh and by the way the next 3 pics will be of the afghans I recieved today from StarStrong! Thank you dear. I don't know if all of you have been reading all the posts or not, but this woman is awsome. She knows a lot about charity work and has helped my stumbling butt along the way and helped cheer everyone on! She's given me wonderful advice and I've been trying my darndest to do it. Thank you for all your help, advice and of course the Veterans afghans!

I just mailed those on Friday....Parcel Post yet!! Glad you like them.

Thank you :blush

P.S. I have photos if you would rather I post them... just let me know.

Hi Krystal What size squares would you like ? I'd be happy to send some to you. My son leaves for The Navy in a month this will make me feel a little better doing this.

Hi Krystal What size squares would you like ? I'd be happy to send some to you. My son leaves for The Navy in a month this will make me feel a little better doing this.

They are collecting 12" squares in "manly" colors. :crocheting

Thank you ;) Is there something else preferred I just got confused by one of the messages I read it seemed to say rather than _ you can make 12" squares.

She is taking 12 ince squares of any pattern OR complete afghans if you so choose to make one. I myself am sticking to 12 inch squares because it's getting hot and I don't want a big afghan on me in the heat. :)

Sorry Chris, I've been so dang busy I don't get to this site everyday. My hubbs is in the Navy, best thing that ever happened to us. He's a Corpman helping the Marines. I hear ya all about the heat and the humidity is even worse here in NC uugghh. :hot

Yeah 12" squares or 3x6 afghans. If my calculations are correct (which they very easily may be off cause it's past my bed time right now lol) I would need 18 squares for 1 afghan, right? Yeah 3x6=18, Yay I can do simple math.:cheer

The squares I have gotten are so beautiful! After I finish my current afghan I've gotta get back to stiching them together so I can post a finished product.

If anyone has any questions or comments for me, it's easier to Private Message me cause I get a notification in my email and it reminds me to check here.

Thank you that makes sense. I understand the heat I'm in Texas :lol:

[attach]20231[/attach]

[attach]20232[/attach]

[attach]20233[/attach]

[attach]20234[/attach]

[attach]20235[/attach]

[attach]20236[/attach]

post-8490-135897527871_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897527876_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897527881_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897527886_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897527889_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897527892_thumb.jpg

The 3 afghans on bottom have been donated by Laura Smith and her group of women. The yellow one is knitted and between a lapghan and twin size afghan, so perfect for the one wheelchair bound man that is now in the home. Beautiful work, thank you so much for your generous donation! :clap

Archived