Comforghans/Afghans for our beloved Veterans!

Barreira

I would love to help. My DAD and BIL came home all in 1 piece and I want to help. But I am new to crocheting and I am wanting to know if anyone has an easy Afghan pattern in the correct size that I could get to use. I have some of Vanna's yarn in soft blue and beige so I think I might get some chol brown to add to it. Maybe a ripple with those 3 colors? I would appreciate any ideas or help. Thanks.

I’m working on a corner to corner afghan ~ only takes a chain, slip stitch and double crochet stitch. I love that you can make it any size that you want.

This link has the pattern and step by step photos (scroll down)…should help:

http://anastaciaknitsfreepatterns.wordpress.com/

or just search “corner to corner afghan pattern”

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Krystal..... when do you want/need to have the squares? Since you need to put them together into afghans?

Also when do you want to have the full afghans? I figure I want to get mine done before it gets hot. Not fun to crochet a full afghan in the heat.

Thanks for doing this for our Veterans!!! :hug Deborah

As many as we're going to have to sew together, the earlier the better but maybe September by the latest. I know the feeling about afghans in the heat, not fun at all. Thank you for doing this for our Veterans!! I really appreciate your hard work. Thank you Deborah! Krystal

As many as we're going to have to sew together, the earlier the better but maybe September by the latest. I know the feeling about afghans in the heat, not fun at all. Thank you for doing this for our Veterans!! I really appreciate your hard work. Thank you Deborah! Krystal

September I can do :clap Would you please send me your mailing address?

Thanks!!!!

I am one of a few crocheters/knitters that are trying to put together some twin sized afghans together for a group of veterans in our area. We live in a military town, so this is near and dear to our hearts. I have just recently found out that the amount of group of veterans in the home we're making afghans for went from 30 to 40 at the most, and she can donate any leftovers to a sister home if there's less than 40 in the home at the time. I am begging you for afghans of any kind of yarn, red heart or what not, (but remember most of the veterans will be men). Or you can do a 12x12 square, anything would be sooooo apreciated. Our deadline, I've decided with Dorthory the Veterans Home Leader, should be November 11th, Veteran's Day. Please remember whether it was a war we were for or againt, we should alway support our troops, especially the ones that have served us so long. Please find it in your heart to help. I will put a tag that says "made with love by your name just for you". Thanks you, any donations will help. Krystal just pm me with any questions or for an address.:hug

If folks were looking for color ideas thought I would pass on this information:

US Navy- Represented by the colors of Navy Blue, and Gold,

US. Marine Corps- Represented by the colors Scarlet and Gold,

US Air Force-Represented by Ultramarine Blue, and Air Force Yellow

Coast Guard- Represented by the colors of white, orange and blue

Army represented by Black and Gold.

I thought for those of you that wanted to make 12" squares, you probably all know of this wonderful site, but in case you don't, try www.crochetpatterncentral.com and click on free directory and 12" squares, they also have afghan patterns. Thank you all again! And great idea on the colors of the military arms of service.

Thanks for the address!! The afghan will go in the mail on Tuesday. Already started a second one.... not sure when that will be heading your way but will let you know. Thanks for doing this!! What a wonderful gift to our Veterans on Veterans' Day! :clap

I am one of a few crocheters/knitters that are trying to put together some twin sized afghans together for a group of veterans in our area. We live in a military town, so this is near and dear to our hearts. I have just recently found out that the amount of group of veterans in the home we're making afghans for went from 30 to 40 at the most, and she can donate any leftovers to a sister home if there's less than 40 in the home at the time. I am begging you for afghans of any kind of yarn, red heart or what not, (but remember most of the veterans will be men). Or you can do a 12x12 square, anything would be sooooo apreciated. Our deadline, I've decided with Dorthory the Veterans Home Leader, should be November 11th, Veteran's Day. Please remember whether it was a war we were for or againt, we should alway support our troops, especially the ones that have served us so long. Please find it in your heart to help. I will put a tag that says "made with love by your name just for you". Thanks you, any donations will help. Krystal just pm me with any questions or for an address.:hug

Thank you so much StarStrong! This means a lot to me and to the Veterans. I'm excited to see your beautiful afghan! Thanks again, Krystal

I'm right below you in Virginia. I think you may have your quota covered and then some LOL But if you still need more, please feel free to PM me and I will start on some squares for you.

Blessings

Dad Navy

Oldest Brother - Marines (Nam Vet)

Middle Brother - Navy (Nam Vet)

Son - JR ROTC Navy age 15

God Bless our Military

I'm right below you in Virginia. I think you may have your quota covered and then some LOL But if you still need more, please feel free to PM me and I will start on some squares for you.

Blessings

Dad Navy

Oldest Brother - Marines (Nam Vet)

Middle Brother - Navy (Nam Vet)

Son - JR ROTC Navy age 15

God Bless our Military

Laura....noticed if they get "extras" they are going to give them to another Veterans' Home nearby....bet they could use your help!! :yes

Thank you so much everyone, I can't wait to see the afghans! I will post pics as soon as I can of the afghans. I broke my camera falling down the stairs the other day, so I'm really hurting and broke my camera :( I will try to figure out my phone's camera so I can post pics! Thank you, can't wait to see them! I really appreciate everyone's help!

Hi Krystal! Just wanted to let you know an afghan is on it's way to you!!

Thanks so much, I will try to get pics posted as soon as I get it. Your going to make a Veteran very happy, and me happy of course!

You're welcome. Sorry to hear about you falling. I sure hope you're okay. Can you get your camera fixed, or is it a lost cause? I did take some pictures of the afghan before I mailed it to you but I'm computer illiterate and don't know a thing about posting pics. So I'm no help in that department. But maybe I could get my daughter to help me when she comes home for Easter. The post office said the package should arrive Thursday or Friday of this week! Happy Crocheting and I'm off to start another afghan!

You're welcome. Sorry to hear about you falling. I sure hope you're okay. Can you get your camera fixed, or is it a lost cause? I did take some pictures of the afghan before I mailed it to you but I'm computer illiterate and don't know a thing about posting pics. So I'm no help in that department. But maybe I could get my daughter to help me when she comes home for Easter. The post office said the package should arrive Thursday or Friday of this week! Happy Crocheting and I'm off to start another afghan!

Yeah I think the camera is a lost cause. I have been trying to figure out how to get my camera pics (which are definately not as good quality) to my laptop to post, but it's more confusing than I thought it would be. If you could get your daughter to send me the pics or post them yourself that would be great, if I don't figure it out by then. I can't wait to see it! I got a beautiful one in the mail just yesterday from StarStrong, can't wait to post pics of it either. And I gotta give a shout out to Marie for the yarn she donated! Thanks so much all of you! Krystal

How excited that you have two finished afghans!!! :cheer Only 38 more and you will have one for each patient at the Veterans' Home. What a GREAT Veterans' Day present for each of them. I posted a note on my facebook page to let folks know you still need help. Hope it helps!! :yes

Help still needed!!! :yes

Afghans and Squares for Veterans Charity Running Total:

Afghans - 3 of 40 or more!

Squares - 45! (2 1/2 afghans worth)!

Just checking in to see if you received the afghan I sent. I forgot to have DD help me post a picture of it when she was here for Easter. I've been down with a very nasty cold. So Easter was very quiet here. Didn't get much accomplished. But I hope everyone else had a fantastic day!!

Hope your feeling better by now! Yes I got your afghan and it's beautiful. I've been trying to post but when I'm done and click post it goes to the log on page even though I just logged on, so I haven't been able to make a big update. I'm going to try several small updates! Thank You!!!!!

Just checking in to see if you received the afghan I sent. I forgot to have DD help me post a picture of it when she was here for Easter. I've been down with a very nasty cold. So Easter was very quiet here. Didn't get much accomplished. But I hope everyone else had a fantastic day!!

Archived