Comforghans/Afghans for our beloved Veterans!

Barreira

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hook Just heard from Krystal ~ she hasn't been able to get to a computer but wanted everyone to know that she...

Appreciates the afghans that have been sent (is trying to get the pictures posted as soon as she can get to her computer)

and

hopes you all will help get the project to the goal of at least 40 handmade afghans!!!!!!

:cheerWe can do it folks ~ we can remind the Veterans in North Carolina that we remember them and thank them for their service!!! :cheer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still here! I've been working on another afghan for the vets. Only a 4th of the way done so far. Working slow in the summer because of the heat. Glad to see you're still around Holly.

I'm still here! I've been working on another afghan for the vets. Only a 4th of the way done so far. Working slow in the summer because of the heat. Glad to see you're still around Holly.

You too! I'm working on number 3 right now. I will ship them when I finish the number 3!

Is everyone still here? :think This thread has been pretty quiet lately...

I'm still here.... Krystal is having problems getting online (I spoke with her) so she has not been able to post pictures. She is still working away on her crocheting and hopes others are still going strong. We have passed the half way mark on the 40 afghans.... so the goal is in sight!!! :cheer

Dear Deborah,

I mailed 5 afghans to Krystal a month ago. I hadn't seen them posted so I am glad to know they probably got there and it's just that Krystal can't get online right now. I have three more...should I go ahead and send them?

Thank you!

Karin

Dear Deborah,

I mailed 5 afghans to Krystal a month ago. I hadn't seen them posted so I am glad to know they probably got there and it's just that Krystal can't get online right now. I have three more...should I go ahead and send them?

Thank you!

Karin

Karin,

Hi! It would be great if you would mail them. I know she is a bit nervous about not having enough by Veterans' Day. Of course if there are more than 40 than they will go to another Veterans' Retirement Home. So the more the merrier!!

Thanks Karin!! :clap Deborah

P.S. I think she did post the pictures. Check out post #82 - there are five afghans shown.

Karin,

Hi! It would be great if you would mail them. I know she is a bit nervous about not having enough by Veterans' Day. Of course if there are more than 40 than they will go to another Veterans' Retirement Home. So the more the merrier!!

Thanks Karin!! :clap Deborah

P.S. I think she did post the pictures. Check out post #82 - there are five afghans shown.

I'm working on #3...I was just waiting because they will all fit into the same box. I plan on having it finished by Labor Day weekend. I hope Krystal is doing well.

Thanks for your reply, Deborah!! I sent 5 more after post #82, which was in May. I sent them in the middle of June so I figure she's received them but hasn't been able to acknowledge or post about them yet due to not being online. The first ones I sent were 4 of the ones shown in post 54.

My local veterans home has plenty of afghans so when I found this project I was so happy to participate!!

:D

Karin

Bumping this up so people don't forget about our vets!!!! November will be here before you know it!

I'm working on afghan #3! I have 2 completed, but I haven't shipped them yet because the box will hold all 3! :hook My goal is to have it done by Labor Day!

I'm working on afghan #3! I have 2 completed, but I haven't shipped them yet because the box will hold all 3! :hook My goal is to have it done by Labor Day!

:cheer That's great!! When you do mail them be sure to ask about Parcel Post ~ it might be less expensive. I mail boxes (of afghans) every week that way and it saves a bunch and only takes about a week or so to get where they are going.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally feel good enough to get on here. I've been communicating with Deborah through Facebook on my phone. Internets been very messed up along with our cable tv, wouldn't expect much less from Charter in the Camp Lejeune area. I've also been very ill, so our internet's been up for a bit, but I've just been to sick to get on. I came down with pancreantitis and went to the ER. It seemed to clear up, but then I came down with it again and was hospitalized for 2 days. My diabetes and arthritis have been acting up bad and I've just been miserable. I've received an amazing amount of afghans. I'm going to try to get the energy to force the hubbs into taking pics and posting them, that takes almost more energy than doing it myself....lol. But at least I can do that from the couch. If I'm not well enough, when the time comes in November, don't worry, my hubbs (a Sailor) will be taking them to the Vet home. Otherwise we'll both go, and anyone else that has participated is more than welcome to go too! Unfortunately my hubbs has been running the house lately, you can imagine the mess. When I received boxes of afghans, he threw out the boxes, washed the afghans, and took off any tags that were attached to let me know who donated. I am sooooo sorry and would really appreciate it, when I post pics, if you could message me and put a name with the afghans so I can give appropriate credit for these beautiful works of art! I'm sorry that you'll have to do this, but I don't know what else to do. I have started another afghan yesterday for the first time in a while, I've been so sad I couldn't crochet much while sick, I was just in a lot of pain and very weak. Not to mention I now am diagnosed with carpal tunnel, it never ends, uugghh. Now my mind is set back on the Veterans, they are some of the most important people in the world for what they've done and I thank you all for believing in me when I didn't respond to anyone and no one knowing if I got your afghans. Thank you all so much, I hold you all near and dear to my heart. Your all doing a great and wonderful thing here and I can't wait till November 11th! If you have any questions, it's easiest to get ahold of my via email, cause I can check it and reply via phone on my couch I once loved but am begining to hate lol. My email is navywifeypooh@live.com. Put in the subject line Veteran's Afghan, so I know it's not spam. Thank you all again!!!!

OK, gave up on the hubbs and did it myself. It was hard but I got it done. I've taken pics of every afghan I've recieved, even the ones I've already posted. I'm going to post them all so it may be several posts. Many are more like lapghans and I need a minimum of 40 6x3 afghans. The lady in charge at the home said she can send out the lapghans to homes that have wheel chair bound patients, so that's great! Bring on the pics!

Wow Krystal, you've really had a rough time of it. Sure hope you're on the mend now. Just letting you know I'm slowly working on another afghan for you. It's been so hot here in Minnesota that I haven't been doing much crocheting. But according to the weather man (and I hope he's right) the humidity and hot temps will break today and cooler temps will be here. Yeah!!! I'm sure I'll get it to you before your deadline!

There is still time to contribute a full (twin bed - 3'x6') sized afghan!!! :crocheting

Let's make this Veterans' Day a lot warmer for some of our older Veterans who may be feeling forgotten!!! :sleep

Krystal still needs about 20 afghans.... who will step forward and help her show we do remember? :sstar:sstar:sstar

* please mail to Krystal on or before October 18, 2010

I am one of a few crocheters/knitters that are trying to put together some twin sized afghans together for a group of veterans in our area. We live in a military town, so this is near and dear to our hearts. I have just recently found out that the amount of group of veterans in the home we're making afghans for went from 30 to 40 at the most, and she can donate any leftovers to a sister home if there's less than 40 in the home at the time. I am begging you for afghans of any kind of yarn, red heart or what not, (but remember most of the veterans will be men). Or you can do a 12x12 square, anything would be sooooo apreciated. Our deadline, I've decided with Dorthory the Veterans Home Leader, should be November 11th, Veteran's Day. Please remember whether it was a war we were for or againt, we should alway support our troops, especially the ones that have served us so long. Please find it in your heart to help. I will put a tag that says "made with love by your name just for you". Thanks you, any donations will help. Krystal just pm me with any questions or for an address.:hug

Krystal,

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better! I promise you...I have completed two afghans & I am working on a third! :hook I will have the third one finished "and" I will have all three of them in the mail by Tuesday, September 7th.

I'll make and send an afghan! Should have time to get one done by the cut off. I'll pm you for the mailing address once I get closer to done.

I'll make and send an afghan! Should have time to get one done by the cut off. I'll pm you for the mailing address once I get closer to done.

That's great! Thank you!! :hook

You can PM me for Krystal's address (she has very limited access to Crochetville - see prior note from her).

Ok, I have a 'ghan half done. It was supposed ot be a lapghan 36x48 but I got a bit crazy on the foundation chain so now it is huge! Definitely will meet the 3x6 requirement.

It was going to go to Soldier's Angels for thier blankets of gratitude program but ... I will send it to you to help you reach your goal of 40. (I will make another smaller lapghan for soldier's angels for their drive this year).

Either way a veteran will know that they are appreciated.

I will email for the address when it is done.

Thank you for caring about our veterans!

Ok, I have a 'ghan half done. It was supposed ot be a lapghan 36x48 but I got a bit crazy on the foundation chain so now it is huge! Definitely will meet the 3x6 requirement.

It was going to go to Soldier's Angels for thier blankets of gratitude program but ... I will send it to you to help you reach your goal of 40. (I will make another smaller lapghan for soldier's angels for their drive this year).

Either way a veteran will know that they are appreciated.

I will email for the address when it is done.

Thank you for caring about our veterans!

:ty

The monster is done! Actually I nick named it the "Road Kill" afghan because the little color change I did makes it look like the person sleeping under it got run over by a truck!:eek

It is laid out on a full sized bed, just to give you an idea of the size.

Now all I need is an address to send it to.

post-23494-135897564654_thumb.jpg

Archived