Comforghans/Afghans for our beloved Veterans!

Barreira

How close are you to the goal for the veteran's home?

Based on Krystal's current signature 33 afghans have been collected....

the first Veterans' Home needs 40 bed sized afghans. Any more than that will go to a second Veterans' Home. :clap

Would it be great if we could send enough for both Homes!! :yes

I know of at least two more afghans headed Krystal's way in the next two weeks.

How about you????

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Based on Krystal's current signature 33 afghans have been collected....

the first Veterans' Home needs 40 bed sized afghans. Any more than that will go to a second Veterans' Home. :clap

Would it be great if we could send enough for both Homes!! :yes

I know of at least two more afghans headed Krystal's way in the next two weeks.

How about you????

Deborah....you sure know how to tempt a person... :blush. I'm thinking about it...I just need to make sure I can finish my other projects, too. :think

Deborah....you sure know how to tempt a person... :blush. I'm thinking about it...I just need to make sure I can finish my other projects, too. :think

She is good at it isn't she!!!! Don't know what I would have done without all of you!!! I'm so excited!!! :yay

Oh come on.... Think about how thrilled the Veteran who gets YOUR afghan will be. Bet he or she feels like no one remembers their service (these are older Veterans).

We have about 6 weeks to get these afghans to Krystal and I'm betting you can do it. A great pattern is the corner to corner afghan. Easy, quick, can use whatever yarn you have on hand and is warm and looks good.....

Oh come on.... Think about how thrilled the Veteran who gets YOUR afghan will be. Bet he or she feels like no one remembers their service (these are older Veterans).

We have about 6 weeks to get these afghans to Krystal and I'm betting you can do it. A great pattern is the corner to corner afghan. Easy, quick, can use whatever yarn you have on hand and is warm and looks good.....

Okay...I'm in! I had the privilege of meeting a World War II Veteran yesterday, when I was out with my daughter. He & his wife were walking at the mall. He was wearing a ball cap that identified him as a veteran, and I just had to tell him "thank you". I have a lot of Simply Soft yarn in dark green & purple that I can use. I'll plan on making double-strand afghans that work up quick. I will try to complete two more afghans!

Okay...I'm in! I had the privilege of meeting a World War II Veteran yesterday, when I was out with my daughter. He & his wife were walking at the mall. He was wearing a ball cap that identified him as a veteran, and I just had to tell him "thank you". I have a lot of Simply Soft yarn in dark green & purple that I can use. I'll plan on making double-strand afghans that work up quick. I will try to complete two more afghans!

:cheerWay to go!!!!! :cheer

Ladies...I need an opinion. I have some Simply Soft in "Plum Heather". Do you think that would be an appropriate color? :think

My middle daughter's told me not to use the "Plum Heather"...says it's too "girly". :blush But, that's okay! When I went through the Simply Soft yarn my eldest daughter had given to me, I discovered she had an afghan about a third done made out of the "Dark Sage". It's an "N" hook ripple & I will have it done today! :hook I'm going to use Simply Soft's "Dark Country Blue" for the next one...it'll be another double-strand afghan using an "N" hook. Probably from this pattern...there's one I haven't made yet. What could be a better time? I'll save the "Plum Heather" for another project.

My middle daughter's told me not to use the "Plum Heather"...says it's too "girly". :blush But, that's okay! When I went through the Simply Soft yarn my eldest daughter had given to me, I discovered she had an afghan about a third done made out of the "Dark Sage". It's an "N" hook ripple & I will have it done today! :hook I'm going to use Simply Soft's "Dark Country Blue" for the next one...it'll be another double-strand afghan using an "N" hook. Probably from this pattern...there's one I haven't made yet. What could be a better time? I'll save the "Plum Heather" for another project.

Since she could see the Plum Heather I'm guessing it was a good call ;) Luckily there is always another project!

The ones you are making sound perfect! :clap

• 2 weeks later...
Yippie, I finished another afghan for the vets!!! I'll get it in the mail tomorrow!! So what's the latest count?? Will we make 40+?

:cheer Way to go!!

Looks like we are getting closer to the 40 needed (of course more would be GREAT). Krystal was going to update the count soon (I emailed with her the other day).

Some more pics. I know I seem to always have an excuse as to why I'm not on. I just seem to be getting more bad news all the time. I feel great but I've found out I have stage 1 kidney disease. It never seems to end. Anyway I've just been bummed out and depressed, but mentally I'm feeling better now. But that's why I haven't been on. My mom visited me for my birthday and it cheered me up. We spent our time going to yard sales, thrift stores and crocheting of course. She's still a beginner crocheter, but she managed to make an afghan for this cause! I've gotten quite a few afghans and I'm going to post them now. The time is coming near and I have 37 completed afghans out of the 40 or more goal. You guys are so great! It cheers me up everytime a package comes in, it's so exciting and I can't wait til November, I know it's right around the corner, but it feels so far away! :yay

post-8490-135897583152_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897583158_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897583163_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897583168_thumb.jpg

post-8490-135897583172_thumb.jpg

The time is coming near and I have 37 completed afghans out of the 40 or more goal. You guys are so great! It cheers me up everytime a package comes in, it's so exciting and I can't wait til November, I know it's right around the corner, but it feels so far away! :yay

Krystal...I hope this cheers you up...I have two more completed! So, that will bring you to a total of 39! I'm actually pretty happy to share that the green ripple afghan was started by my daughter, who is an army medic. She left it with me, along with some leftover yarn. So, I thought what could be better than to share them with fellow service members. :yes I will get them boxed up tomorrow & ship them from work on Tuesday. I hope you like the pictures!

post-5445-135897583263_thumb.jpg

post-5445-135897583267_thumb.jpg

post-5445-135897583271_thumb.jpg

post-5445-135897583275_thumb.jpg

I have another 'ghan to send. (it started as a lapghan but it just got out of control!)

Anyway, can someone PM me the address again so I can get it in the mail next week and it will arrive before the November deadline.

Thanks!

I have another 'ghan to send. (it started as a lapghan but it just got out of control!)

Anyway, can someone PM me the address again so I can get it in the mail next week and it will arrive before the November deadline.

Thanks!

Just sent it to you as Krystal doesn't get onto Crochetville too often.

Thank you so much for the help ~ sometimes an "out of control" afghan is just what is needed. :yes

Krystal...I hope this cheers you up...I have two more completed! So, that will bring you to a total of 39! I'm actually pretty happy to share that the green ripple afghan was started by my daughter, who is an army medic. She left it with me, along with some leftover yarn. So, I thought what could be better than to share them with fellow service members. :yes I will get them boxed up tomorrow & ship them from work on Tuesday. I hope you like the pictures!

Okay...I'm sorry to say that I didn't get them shipped out when I said I would. :ohdear No good excuse, but I did get them shipped today!

Archived