Scrap Afghan Finished

Stephanie

Finally finished an afghan I've been working on since last year. :clap It's entirely made of scrap yarn my mom kept buying for me at garage sales. It's been years since I made a non-portable afghan! I still have an overflowing beer box full of scraps to start on something else! My photo doesn't even begin to show how lovely the colorways went together. Finished size was 60x95 inches (yep, a tad too long, but at least my cousin's SO will be happy as he's quite tall).

Stephanie

105961782.jpg

That is so cool Stephanie! I too have a scrap afghan going as I get scraps. One of these days it will get done! haha

Great afghan! Congrats on the finish! :hook

Lynie,

When making this afghan, I left 10 inch tails on both sides. When it was done, I took 4 yarns and did an overhand knot close to the afghan. I trimmed all the fringe then to 7 inches from the knot. I think you are asking if I added the fringe afterwards and the answer is no. It was part of the afghan. It's called One Line because you start on one end and work all the way to the end. Then start with a new scrap at the beginning again. The front is always facing you-in other words, you don't turn it.

Stephanie

Archived