New Crochet Journey

2010 Goal is to make 24 afghans this year! :lol

I have a schedule and I am going to stay with it. I need to make 2 afghans each month (I have one done I started it in Dec and am done now) I plan to give one to each of my immediate family members and one to a close friend.

I will be looking for new patterns so that I don't have to do the same pattern over and over again.

Wish me luck !

Anyone else have a crochet goal?

Wow! That's an ambitious goal. I wish you the best luck in acheiving it! As for me, I would love to get my WIPS done; organize my yarn and stick to completing anything I start within a realistic time frame of- say- 2 to 3 months tops!

I'm cheering you on in your goal my goal for right now is to finish the wips I've started and try to master a new stitch this year.

WOW Kidge that is ambitious, but I have faith in you and I'll be cheering you on :cheer

I'm with fc1123, I'm trying to turn those UFO's into FOs this year :blush

I love that beginning part of faith since funny enough my name is Faith :lol

I made 10 afghans at my leisure in 2009. I really enjoy them its the one project that I finish without encouragement. I made a lot of other things this year also, but instead of making a couple people in my family an afghan only to have so many others get mad that they didn't get one. I decided the only way to do it and not get grief is to make them all at once. So I have my names and schedule but everyone is going to get them for Christmas. I am not letting them pick the designs or colors as that is too difficult.

I am making them, they are receiving them, end of story :)

i have 4 to make before march 9th, i fly to my friends and am bringing presents....ugh not only the pressure of that, but also the impending pressure of flying alone and for the first time all at once.

I also have the goal of doing my first graphghan and countless baby blankets...I have 5 pregnant people in my family right now:eek

Kidget, will you adopt me so I can get an afghan, too? Pretty please? :lol

I really admire you for being able to get that much crocheting done! Even if I used 12 different patterns, I think I'd end up being bored with the whole afghan concept if I tried to make 12 in a year.

Have you already picked out the ones you're going to make?

You are making how many blankets :faint My goal for this year is to make:

2 baby blankets

1 blanket for me

1 blanket for my daughter

1 blanket for my son

knit a sweater for my daughter

In between those projects I plan to make some scarves, hats, dishcloths etc... so that unlike this year, I will always have something on hand for those last minute unexpected gifts. Along with anything else that screams at me to make it :lol

Archived