Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

Wow, Colleen, those are tough songs! I am not going to finish any projects for September, but I already started my October one. I'm making a pink and purple scarf for my son's girlfriend, so when he wants to "take a walk with your favorite girl" she will stay nice and warm.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I needed a new project to ignite my interest. I've gone through a skein already, and it's 15 inches long. Of course, it's a bulky yarn in small skeins, but I'll pretend I'm flying through it. (I may hurt myself twisting to pat myself on the back here....)

I think I needed a new project to ignite my interest. I've gone through a skein already, and it's 15 inches long. Of course, it's a bulky yarn in small skeins, but I'll pretend I'm flying through it. (I may hurt myself twisting to pat myself on the back here....)

Don't hurt yourself Beth. I can't find a pat on the back smiley guy, but here's something that won't hurt either of us. :applause:clap WTG! Can't wait to see that scarf!

Here's my favorite model with the scarf and hat I made for my ds's gf. I may need to put the hat in my charity box, because it's a bit big, and she has a small head, but I love the yarn, and wouldn't mind making another one.

post-16396-135897580984_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

tralee! - Wow!!! Those are wonderful projects, beautiful crochet, wonderful interpretations of the songs! Way to go! I think you should get a prize :yes Thank you so much for the wonderful eye candy pics! :clap

Beth- Love the hat and scarf set and the model too!!! I"m sure DS GF is going to love it!!

Tralee- Your projects are all beautiful!!! You do such nice work!!!

Not sure how my projects fit in with the song- but I've been making scarfs for Christmas gifts- so since this is a Christmas CAL, I think they will have to do! Here are two of them. Still have to take pics and upload the other two I've made so far!

post-27163-135897583669_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897583672_thumb.jpg

tralee, thanks for the pics! Your projects are excellent. Is the baby model a doll?

Yes, my model is a Berenguer.

Thank you all for the nice comments.

imanurse55~ love the scarves!

Joanne, is your hook smoking? How do you get so much done when you work full time? And I know you had a busy weekend.... :nworthy

This scarf is easy peasy~ No thinking involved- and I usually :crocheting while watching sports! October is a very busy sports month- between baseball playoffs, football and hockey starting~

Speaking of football, the football players wearing bright pink to support breast cancer awareness is what inspired the scarf!:)

Beth - I'll agree the Mr. Grinch one is a bit difficult, but I think there are lots of possibilities with the Marshmallow World. I love your idea with the scarf!

I was thinking of making champygirl's stacked hearts scarf to go along with Mr. Grinch - it isn't in the song but in the movie it says that his heart grew 3 sizes - or maybe a cactus pin cushion would work too.

I was thinking of making champygirl's stacked hearts scarf to go along with Mr. Grinch - it isn't in the song but in the movie it says that his heart grew 3 sizes - or maybe a cactus pin cushion would work too.

Good ideas Lori!

Thanks for checking in Joanne. I would love to hear how everyone is doing and if anyone new wants to join us for the last couple months that would be so much fun! The November song will be posted soon and I'm excited!

I have a question...I am working on a graph-ghan that is supposed to be for my son for Christmas. I finished the "crocodile" part last night and would like to use it for October for "Mr Grinch" - sea-sick crocodile. Would that be fair since I don't know if I'll actually get the whole ghan done before Christmas because I have 3 other afghans to do also? Since my son is only a year old, he won't really care...lol.

Braxxi - As far as I'm concerned, anything goes! Lots of projects take more than a month, so even if you spend part of October working on it that works for me! I hope you'll keep us posted on your progress. :cheer

It's no fun when the 25th falls on a Monday, so let's take a look at November's carol early. I've updated post #2 with the November song and included a bit of a challenge. Let's see how much festive fun we can have this month!

Archived