Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not finished with February's either! Short month, Greek Games, too much other stuff to do...pick which excuse you like...lol. :lol

:woo10 more months till Christmas, 10 more months till Christmas! :hyper The March song has been posted in post 2. :ctree:D Have fun thinking about your project!

:yay.............. How fun!

Now lets see...............:think what am I going to make?

:heart

:mug

team original design

team flannel'ghan DONE

Well...I finished my gifting hat last night...then tore the whole thing out to re-make it. :( It ended up waaaay too long and the band was too tight. :blush

:yay.............. How fun!

Now lets see...............:think what am I going to make?

Good choice! Now, what to make....

Good choice of song- now what to make? Glad that March is a "green" month- what with St. Patrick's Day and all- the Christmas tree is green, the shamrock is green.....mmmmmmm what to make?:lol

I can't wait to see what all you ladies come up with. I'm on the edge of my seat :D

Well...I finished my gifting hat last night...then tore the whole thing out to re-make it. :( It ended up waaaay too long and the band was too tight. :blush

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that Braxxi. What is a gifting hat? Good luck with your re-make.

I think I will make a Christmas tree skirt. Anyone have any favorites?

What a fabulous idea. I dream of someday making a tree skirt, but haven't done one yet. What colours do you plan to use?

Because March is a rough month here, I'm going with "Steadfast," and working on my 3 Christmas afghans steadfastly, if that's a word. Will that count?

Steadfast she goes, Beth. Works for me! You know what a battleax I am :lol

Well, I didn't get to my February project and I'm not sure how March is going to be but hopefully I'll get back on track here soon. Just need to get this baby afghan finished first.

I found a pattern in the December 2008 of Crochet World that says "seven hours". We'll see about that:heehee. I'm going to use mostly red but some green and a winter white. It's supposed to be beaded on the edges. Haven't tried that, guess we'll see about that too!

Michelle - I have that magazine and that tree skirt looks nice. Let me know how it turns out. What kind of yarn are you using? I think it calls for cotton, but I think it would look nice in acrylic.

cshort - No worries, we're here all year.

Oh, hook and yarn

Oh, hook and yarn

Oh, how I love you dearly!

With my hands

I make great things.

And to my heart,

such joy you bring!

Oh, hook and yarn

Oh, hook and yarn

I can't wait to get started on March's project. Now to find one....:think

Oh, hook and yarn

Oh, hook and yarn

With my hands

I make great things.

And to my heart,

such joy you bring!

Oh, hook and yarn

Oh, hook and yarn

I :manyheartthe new lyrics to the Christmas Tree song, Shannon! Too cute:hook

I'm going to try to use up some of the yarn I have and I know I have some Red Heart Worsted. We'll see....

Sounds nice. Keep us posted! If you like it I may try that pattern someday.

Oh, hook and yarn

Oh, hook and yarn

With my hands

I make great things.

And to my heart,

such joy you bring!

Oh, hook and yarn

Oh, hook and yarn

I love it! :rofl You know, I was thinking this month would be a good one to do that Christmas Tree door hanging thing you did at Christmas time. Do you have a pic you could share with us?

Now this my kinda of game. Most people think I am crazy because I crochet christmas things all year long, I will have a excuse now!

Welcome Christmascrazy! Love your name! You are among friends here. :yes

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my take of a Christmas classic! I think I missed my calling.:wink:lol

Here's the pic of the tree, Colleen. It's from http://www.sarahlondon.wordpress.com. You'll have to search back to November. Hers is more complex. I just made it to the size I wanted.

post-27476-135897508608_thumb.jpg

Archived