What can we do with these?

I know I can just toss them in the recycling bin but the crafter in me says there's gotta be something I can make out of them! Anyone have any ideas? :think

post-26878-13589748524_thumb.jpg

How about putting little gifts in them and wrapping like a christmas or party popper. You could have one at each place at the table with just a little candy inside. I have been saving tissue rolls to put dollars in and wrap as stocking stuffers for teen age and college age kids. They always need money! Good luck!

:lol Sorry for the chuckle, but I used to have a pet :rabbit and he got all the toilet paper rolls and the cardboard tubes from thread. Made great toys for him.But as far as crafting you could make the Christmas candles such as these that use the toilet paper rolls. You would have to modify the pattern to fit your rolls but just an :idea.

http://crochetnmore.com/christmascandle.htm

Maybe make some kind of cat toy with them, maybe put jingle bells in them, glue cardboard to each end to close it up, and then crochet a cover for the tube.

How about putting little gifts in them and wrapping like a christmas or party popper. You could have one at each place at the table with just a little candy inside. I have been saving tissue rolls to put dollars in and wrap as stocking stuffers for teen age and college age kids. They always need money! Good luck!

:rofl I read this as party poopers!! :rofl

I think there is a pattern out there to make these into hook/pencil holders that would sit on your desk. Can't remember were I saw it though.

I was looking at the hook cases and holders in the show n tell section last night.

There is one that uses one of those cores.

It has a coil in the middle to hold the hooks (think of a rolled carpet or newspaper) the hooks are stuck in the coil.

Archived