Blankets and Stockings and Caps Oh My

danajokc

So I've been busy...can't settle on one project lately, so I started an afghan on the 14th of November... picked it up again last weekend. My mother loved it.

I've been working on more boy type things for my website and these hats came about.

Then, I got an order for some stockings. I couldn't bring myself to use someone else's pattern, so I fought with this thing for 3 weeks and finally! A stocking that doesn't look like a fluffy tube sock.

I'll take any constructive criticism or suggestions on the stocking. I'd like to try it again and start the curve and gusset a little sooner that I did.

More later, Ya'll.

Dana

post-31790-135897480474_thumb.jpg

post-31790-135897480478_thumb.jpg

post-31790-135897480481_thumb.jpg

post-31790-135897480484_thumb.jpg

Pattern? Basically I used the technique I learned on Crochet Cabana, the diagonal box stitch. I combined the purple and white yarn and used a P sized hook. I got to a width I liked and started decreasing, then when I ran out of off white yarn, I used what I had left of the purple then finished it up with a simple single crochet border.

Sandra Petit has a tutorial here: http://www.crochetcabana.com/stitches/diag-box-st.htm and if you find her on ravelry she has a link to the pattern and she charges $6. If you're a confident crocheter, I'm sure you can work it out. Using her tutorial, you can practice by making a few squares, then just go to the width you like and start decreasing. If you want an oblong afghan, you go the the width you want and continue to increase on one end and decrease on the other. Once you get the length , you can start to decrease on both ends. PM me for more details.

Thanks for the kudos!

Thanks for the kudos ya'll.

Lilly, that technique for the afghan is so easy and it works up so quick! I pulled off that purple afghan in like 3 days.

Thanks for the kudos, ya'll.

Lilly, that afghan is so easy and works up so quickly! You should try it. You can do it. btw: love your Christ in Christmas. Here here.

Archived