2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

First let me say that I am totally blown away by some of you! I cannot believe the quantity of yarn that you've used from your stash in just 6 months!!! Great work!

+286 PAndrus GOLD MEDAL!

+191 dragonpuck SILVER MEDAL!

+143 CLLinda BRONZE MEDAL!

+81 Ellie 13 Honorable mention

+77 Pineknott and DesertCrocheter Excellent Yarnmanship

+27 PBLKNP Hooks-a-smokin'

+16 basjordan Yarning away

+14 Mollyanna Crocheting Like a Dream

+1 Makinofastar Using more than buying

And to those of you with new yarn, Congratulations!!! And thanks for doing your part to keep the yarn companies running!!! We all need to buy more from time to time!:devil

-7 Lady Rebel - showing restraint

-12 gshall - using almost as much as you've bought

-16 walker1021 - not too bad

-38 BigPinkPolkaDot - a little new stash\

-50 Braxxi - found some good sales

-78 fc1123 - I want to go shopping with you

-205 dilyca2006 - runner up for Shoot the Moon

-237 yarn geek - i want to come play in your house!

Congrats to everyone even if I think was missed *giggle*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! That was some record keeping. Great job. Thanks for doing that for us.

:manyheart

-237 yarn geek - i want to come play in your house!

:rofl I'm sure you'd have a blast; I have lots of yarn to play with! I don't have a clue as to how much yarn I actually have. My first guess would be 500 skeins, but I'm sure it's way more than that! (I played along with this cal last fall and added over 200 skeins in four months- most of it on clearance or 50% off. That was my clue that I had to actually join the cal rein it in some.:devil) One of these days I'm going to lay it all out on the floor just to see how much there actually is.... yep, one of these days.... :yes

So far, I've finished two skeins of cotton, so I'm at +4 for the week.

Thankfully I don't have that much...well, let's see...5 skeins of one color I swear I'm going to make into something one day, 2 skeins of another color I absolutely hate, 1 skein of one that I love, various skeins of white and black (perhaps 5 altogether), 1 skein that I haven't used that I'm eyeing for the ripple afghan I'm making, and about 6 balls of the various yarns I'm using for this afghan....oh, and don't forget the 4 skeins I bought the other day. Altogether about 20ish, not bad....

I am amazed at the volume of yarn that is going through the hands of the ladies on this cal. How far do you think the items made would stretch? Spent my holiday working on my afghan and made great progress. Used one whole skein, and rolled three others into balls (though I may end up using them in the border), for a total of + 5 so far this week.

I am amazed at the volume of yarn that is going through the hands of the ladies on this cal. How far do you think the items made would stretch? Spent my holiday working on my afghan and made great progress. Used one whole skein, and rolled three others into balls (though I may end up using them in the border), for a total of + 5 so far this week.

I hadn't ever thought about how far it would stretch...makes you wonder, huh?

Well, I managed to go through another skein this morning, but there may be issues if I decide to go hog-wild and get more yarn for a friend's baby present. I should just be practical and take the yarn out of my existing stash, but I did find an ADORABLE pattern out on Herrschners that would be so cute...I'd need to buy yarn for it, though...

Well, I managed to go through another skein this morning, but there may be issues if I decide to go hog-wild and get more yarn for a friend's baby present. I should just be practical and take the yarn out of my existing stash, but I did find an ADORABLE pattern out on Herrschners that would be so cute...I'd need to buy yarn for it, though...

Which pattern is it? I love to see what everyone is working on. (NOSEY!)

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: -3

I'm back from a week off. Too hot to crochet! Too hot for most everything. We'll make 100˚ F. today.:hot I don't have air conditioning since summer average is 80˚. We just seem to have a few of these every summer, so I manage. At least we don't have the humidity of you guys back east! I know. I grew up in Virginia.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -3 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010

I had to go downtown Crystal Lake and of course I had to stop at the sidewalk sales. Picked up 4 balls of yarn! There goes my score!

:manyheart

I'm posting my totals now, so that I won't forget!

I managed to avoid the tempting allure of the yarn stores this week and used up a skein, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD +29

:c9:crocheting:clap

I gave 2 skeins (+4) to a friend because her :cat :cat fought over who was going to "help" mommy with her :crocheting. What a mess! Maybe I can get rid of more :yarn if they help again :devil. I used a ball and got 7 rows done on my afghan (+1). 3 more rows to go :clap!

WTD: + 5 YTD: + 80

Ellie 13

I gave 2 skeins (+4) to a friend because her :cat :cat fought over who was going to "help" mommy with her :crocheting. What a mess! Maybe I can get rid of more :yarn if they help again :devil. I used a ball and got 7 rows done on my afghan (+1). 3 more rows to go :clap!

WTD: + 5 YTD: + 80

Ellie 13

:rofl

Archived