Dot Matthews (bythehook) Pattern Directory

Amy

Oh my, thank you so much for this. I have made so many of her patterns in the past.

all of her baby items

the cardigan

2 shawls

2 ponchos

hats

just so much

Dot, hope you are doing well.

Thank you crochetville for saving these wonderful patterns for us.

Dot, thank you for your generous offer to let them share them all with us still.

Patty

I want to add my 2 cents here. Dot is just amazing. I love her patterns and was very concerned when I emailed and didn't get a response. She has wonderful things and I'm very glad she's still with us, even if she doesn't design any more. What she's given us will last forever. Thank you Dot!

Hi Dot! I just finished joining so I could say thank you for your generosity in allowing Crochetville to post your patterns for free use. I was just on the phone with my daughter as I was going over your poncho and hat patterns. They are beautiful and you have been blessed with such a creative gift. Thank you so much for sharing it so freely with so many. I look forward to using many of your patterns in the future. Tracy.

• 3 weeks later...
:crochetingThank You Dot for years of enjoyment with your great free patterns..Your little Ditty Bag must be around the entire world right now it is sooo popular..Good Health to you...and Much thanks and appreciation to Crochetville for listing and saving your patterns...Thank You:clap:hook Edited by Red67
fix

We all were very worried about our Dot! So glad that she is doing as well as possible & enjoying her grand daughter, too. Her patterns are the best I've ever found on a site and she was always there to explain if you needed it. We sure miss her posts, but are so glad she is ok. Thanks, Dot, for all of the wonderful patterns you've given us and your patience. Love ya

• 1 month later...

:yay Hooray!! Like everyone else, I'm thrilled that you're still with us, Dot. I know it sounds funny, but we thought the worst had happened. What a wonderful day this turned out to be! God bless you, your dear Spike, and all your loved ones.

And thank you, Crochetville, for all the work involved in preserving Dot's excellent patterns. Yes, this is a wonderful day, indeed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is so good to hear that your doing well considering what is happening now in your life and that your treasure of patterns you have given Amy a chance to pass on such wonderful patterns on in your name to use. I have admire your website for years and followed it for many years. I thought that we had lost a true treasure maker of crochet art I am so happy that doing well as can be. Thank you Amy for finding this wonderful lady who means so much. God Bless.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Please pass along my thanks to Dot. I have been her fan and have made her "Baby knee high booties" for my kids and I tell you they are the most amazing booties babies can ever have...Very comfortable and very versatile. I have made scores of them and gifted to all the newborns around me. Thanks Dot. Hope you keep well.

Yes! I've often wondered how she is doing, and am so glad to hear she has family with her. We all appreciate her talent and thanks many times for sharing it with us.

• 5 weeks later...