where to shop

I forgot about a phone rebate and it came in today. It was two debit cards. My daughter told me to keep one. Well I have 100 to spend. I am looking for the best place online to shop. I have 3 susan bates hooks with bamboo handles. Would love to have more. My daughter will be 20 in a month and makes more than me and every once in a while she spoils me.

The Yarn Collection has the hooks with the bamboo handles. That is where I got mine.

The yarn all depends on what kind you want and need.

Discountyarnsale sells yarn in bulk. If you are doing a large project, this is the palce to go.

I would also try smilies or Joann's.:hook

I do almost all of my yarn buying online, and my favorite places to buy from are Smiley's, Knitting Warehouse, KnitPicks and Ebay when I see a buy on there that I just can't pass up. I have, on occasion, bought a skein or two at WalMart when I needed one skein of Red Heart Super Saver and either didn't want to wait for it or it wasn't worth paying shipping on it.

Just this morning, however, I was in Dollar Tree and they had Paton's ChaCha and Paton's Carmen for a dollar a skein. I kind of went nuts, I bought 20 of the ChaCha in white and twenty of the Carmen in a taupe and eight of the Carmen in a baby pink with mixed other colors in it.. I was thinking of making a poncho for my friend's four year old granddaughter out of the mixed pink, and probably mixing the taupe Carmen and white ChaCha with other yarns in shawls. I just couldn't pass it up at $1 a skein! I haven't told DH about it yet because I also bought a bunch of different yarns off Ebay this month. I bought a lot of 12 skeins of Luster Sheen in a color called Flamingo, 4 twelve ounce skeins of Red Heart in Cabana print, 9 skeins of Lion Brand Suede in Desert print, and 4 skeins of a very pretty ladder ribbon yarn in variegated dusty (gorgeous!) colors. So I have added to my stash BIG TIME these last couple of days. DH knows about most of it, but he has no idea about the fortysomething skeins I just bought at Dollar Tree today. :blush

Just this morning, however, I was in Dollar Tree and they had Paton's ChaCha and Paton's Carmen for a dollar a skein. I kind of went nuts, I bought 20 of the ChaCha in white and twenty of the Carmen in a taupe and eight of the Carmen in a baby pink with mixed other colors in it.. I was thinking of making a poncho for my friend's four year old granddaughter out of the mixed pink, and probably mixing the taupe Carmen and white ChaCha with other yarns in shawls. I just couldn't pass it up at $1 a skein! I haven't told DH about it yet because I also bought a bunch of different yarns off Ebay this month. I bought a lot of 12 skeins of Luster Sheen in a color called Flamingo, 4 twelve ounce skeins of Red Heart in Cabana print, 9 skeins of Lion Brand Suede in Desert print, and 4 skeins of a very pretty ladder ribbon yarn in variegated dusty (gorgeous!) colors. So I have added to my stash BIG TIME these last couple of days. DH knows about most of it, but he has no idea about the fortysomething skeins I just bought at Dollar Tree today. :blush

I read that to my DH and he said I'm not allowed to talk to you

ever....

:yarn:D

I like Smiley's, Herrschners when they have there truck load of yarn sale, Joann's when they have a decent sale on yarn, Crafts Etc which is a a great place too. Create for Less I found Smileys gets me into more trouble half price yarn and more and some great colors to choose from. My stash just grows somehow.

Archived