Lion Brand Hometown USA yarn

I just got my Lion Brand newsletter and saw this new super bulky yarn. Anyone know where you can get it, other than directly from the Lion Brand website? I am loving some of the colors, especially Tampa Spice, New Orleans French Berry and Portland Wine.

Check it out here.

I'm guessing if you give it time, it will be wherever else Lionbrand is sold; Joann's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc.

:)

I saw it at AC Moore yesteray - don't remember the price..

I hope they get it in at Michael's, Joann's or Hobby Lobby since those are the places I shop.

I'm sure they will - though it might depend on the size of the store. I have 2 each of Michaels and AC Moore...and only one AC Moore has what I consider to be a pretty big yarn department.

I just got back from buying some :). It was $3.99 (I think) and it was AC Moore. They just got it in last week (I was there three times this week for yarn LOL). I plan on making the Spring Blossom kimono for my daughter, I'm learning how to knit and the pattern looked manageable. I hope it behaves for me, it looks like it'll work up so soft!

I went to my AC Moore this AM and they didn't have any!! I am going to check Michaels and Walmart tomorrow or monday after work. if they don't have it either, I'll have no choice but to order online.

Oooh the portland wine is so pretty! I have to run to Michael's tomorrow so I will see if they have it. The Wal-mart that is close to us doesn't have much of a selection but it's better than most- so maybe I will check there, too. :D

I went to my AC Moore this AM and they didn't have any!! I am going to check Michaels and Walmart tomorrow or monday after work. if they don't have it either, I'll have no choice but to order online.

Hmm, wondering if I should bother checking AC Moore, since you are in the northeast like me. Maybe it hasn't made its way out here yet. I think I will check Michaels though, since its only 5 minutes from where I live.

• 4 weeks later...

My walmart just got some in and stocked it. I'm now trying to see what I can make with it and then buy some although I all ready bought some homespun for a hat (it was on clearance so I had to buy it...). So since I have yarn for a hat, I'm not sure. There isn't very many patterns on the website, a few afghans... hmm. It does look nice.

This is strange. I just bought some of this yarn yesterday at Walmart at $1 a skein. It was on a shelf with a couple other yarns on a clearance shelf, even though they've never carried it before now.

The sale label clearly stated it was this yarn on sale, and there was no more than 3 skeins of any one color. There didn't seem to be anything wrong with the yarn. At that price, I picked up 20 assorted skeins.

I bought some at Wal Mart. It looked nicer and softer in the skein than how it worked up - I made a knitted scarf, maybe it was the pattern. It also had a knot/tie in the skein - hate when that happens!

Archived