Apak

Butterfly bookmarks

102 posts in this topic

I think in this instance it stands for picot.

The "ch4, sl st in 4th chain makes the picot.

Hope this helps. :hook

Yes, that's right! :hook

These are the prettiest crocheted bookmarks I have seen. I make bookmarks for friends and family at Christmas, birthdays, etc.

Children love bookmarks an they are always a big hit with them

THANKS for sharing!:cheer

very pretty. i love the way the body and antennas are done, normally a fiddly job. think i will be making a few of these. thanks for the pattern

These are so pretty, I am going to make some, thanks so much for the pattern and for sharing.

its official, im making a bunch of these for the women in my family for christmas this year! :hook and seeing as how i absolutely love butterflies, it will be fun for me! thank you so much for having shared this pattern with us!:hug:hug :hug

Hi Apak...I just made a small butterfly bookmark, but have not added the bead...would you explain a little more clearly, on how you attach the bead? For instance, do you make a knot and then pull the bead over, or are you sewing the thread thru the bead and adding a little hot glue? Thanks for helping me out! I haven't bought my beads yet...LOL! Do you use a certain mm of bead?

Thanks,

Merry :clap

These are so nice! I'm new to crocheting and hope I can make one as pretty. Thanks for the pattern!

Thank you for sharing..I'm making bookworm bookmarks for the kids' summer reading program at our library..now I can make the adults some as well...Thank you again.

Hi Apak...I just made a small butterfly bookmark, but have not added the bead...would you explain a little more clearly, on how you attach the bead? For instance, do you make a knot and then pull the bead over, or are you sewing the thread thru the bead and adding a little hot glue? Thanks for helping me out! I haven't bought my beads yet...LOL! Do you use a certain mm of bead?

Thanks,

Merry :clap

It depends on the bead and its hole :) Usually first I string the bead, then make a knot, add a little hot glue and pass the bead over the knot. Just find the way that is the best for you.

I'd love to see everybody's bookmarks :hook

Thanks Anna...mine turned out great! I found some great beads at Michael's. There are actually butterfly beads in the package...how perfect...I'll try and post a picture!

Merry :)

P.S. Thanks so much for an amazing pattern...I love it...everyone loves it, that I give it to!

Thank you so much for these pattern. I have been searching for an easy butterfly pattern to make a few butterflies for the Houston Holocaust Museum. After trying at least a dozen different patterns I was able to successfully complete a butterfly using your pattern. :cheerThanks again.

Tanya

Absolutely beautiful! My daughter will love you too if I make her those orange butterfly earrings. Thinking about adding one onto a necklace some way to match....

Thank you for sharing:)

Wow, I LOVE these bookmarks!! What a cute gift idea! Thank you for the beautiful patterns too...I like the illustrated layout - very helpful indeed. :D

Love the bookmarks, and the earrings!!! :yay

Thanks for sharing:manyheart