Yo Yo's for Charity

Ladydaydreamer

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I would also like to make some to send you. Could you pm me your address. I used to cross stitch squares for terminally ill kids quilts but don't cross stitch much anymore. Would love to help out.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this up, since I just sent someone from the 2011 Stashbusting CAL to check this thread out as something to do with her left over bits of yarn.

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +3

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Thank you for all the activity on this thread. This is a cold winter for sure and this is an ongoing collection. All help is greatly welcomed.. Thanks again Ladies..

Kristy:hook

You should be gtting a package in the mail from me soon!:manyheart Please open it with care. It is packed very full :devil

I just put 50 in a padded envelope that cost 1.89, then it cost 3.09 to mail from Missouri. So if you have 100 get the next size up of padded envelope.

Well, I was in two post offices in AZ today and neither had those envelopes. One had nothing left on the shelf? I am sure it is advertised that you can stuff those envelopes and send anywhere for under five dollars. Regardless, I went to packing and ship store. I had about 170 yo yos. The padded mailer was 2.00 and the postage was 3.98. Kristy, they are headed your way.

Thank you ladies I'll be on the look out.. I just received a Huge lot of them yesterday from dorothysgirls, she sent me 718 of them and that is enough to get a full three afghans out of! Each ghan takes 192 yo yo's .. I love putting these together and I'll remember to get photos of the finished ones this time before they are sent to charity.

Thanks again

Kristy

I would love to help,can you tell me how big they should be? I think one and a half to two inches but not sure.Does color matter?And can you send me your addy? What are the circles being used for? Thanks! Hope to hear from you!

Terry

Kristy,

Just to let you know, I sent my batch to you on Friday, 01/21, Parcel Post. I hope they reach you by Friday.

I forgot to count them, but I think there must be well over 100. Some may be too small. When I was first starting I tried some lighter weight yarn and they came out smaller than 1.5 inches. Maybe you can get a bunch of those together and make a baby afghan.

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +3

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Hi there!! I have a few yo-yo's started. If you could send me your address, I would greatly appreciate it....thanx.....have a great day!! Cris(oliveoil)

I would love to help,can you tell me how big they should be? I think one and a half to two inches but not sure.Does color matter?And can you send me your addy? What are the circles being used for? Thanks! Hope to hear from you!

Terry

Each one is around 1 to 1 1/2 inches i do mine on an I hook.. And colors do not matter any color will do..

Thank you Kristy

Kristy,

Just to let you know, I sent my batch to you on Friday, 01/21, Parcel Post. I hope they reach you by Friday.

I forgot to count them, but I think there must be well over 100. Some may be too small. When I was first starting I tried some lighter weight yarn and they came out smaller than 1.5 inches. Maybe you can get a bunch of those together and make a baby afghan.

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +3

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

I have recieved them and they have been added to the lot.. I have a ghan almost made up and will be working this week on working up a few more .. Thanks for all the help ladies..

And for the person asking me about Granny Daughters I will accept those as well because I have a pattern I do to use those as well.. so I would love to have them as well..

Thank you again for all the help with this ongoing project.

Kristy

Kristy, Sent mine from AZ last week and hope you received them also. I am working on scarves now for Special Olympics(close deadlines) but will be sending more to you again.

Yes Hun I have received them I am currently putting afghans together pics of completed works to come soon.. I would like to also add I would love left over yarn to help in putting these together. With Yarn prices going up like everything else it's going to put a punch in how fast i can get these together. So if you have any old stock you just can't find the project for I can put it to use on these.

Thanks again All..

Kristy:hook

Archived