Yo Yo's for Charity

Ladydaydreamer

1wani I want to thank you for the pattern! It will be a big help.

I am open for more granny daughters. I have a good number of circles back at the beach. For those of you that don't know I recently left my relationship of 10 years. It was not a healthy Relationship and I took what I could get into a SUV at the time.. I am working with him to send me some of my other stuff to me. IE my circles that were sent to me .

So in meantime I could use some more sent to my new address. Leaving him was the best thing I could have done. But now I find myself with one bucket of yarn and far to much time on my hands.. So I could use the bucket to join them if anyone wants to send some.. Please just PM me and I'll give you my new address.

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am working on a box of yo yo' s for you but it will be a few weeks before the box is full. I will PM you for your address when the box is full.

I do want to also wish you the best with your "new life". It sounds like you made the right choice and we all know how hard that is. I was in an emotionally abusive relationship for years and didnt even realize it until I finally left him... ((hugs))

I am working on a box of yo yo' s for you but it will be a few weeks before the box is full. I will PM you for your address when the box is full.

I do want to also wish you the best with your "new life". It sounds like you made the right choice and we all know how hard that is. I was in an emotionally abusive relationship for years and didnt even realize it until I finally left him... ((hugs))

Thank you for making some up.

And yeah the longer I am away from it the more messed up I see how things were.. It's strange that they don't seem so out of line until you leave.. And see that other relationships are not that way.. I know I made the right choice I don't feel like a prissoner to a man anymore.

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

Hi, I am a new joiner (long time lookie-lou) and did the Charity CAL for February. I asked someone what would be done with yo-yo's for charity and was sent here and all I have to say is WOW! I have never seen anything quite like this before.

This is amazing and I hope to be able to cotribute here soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I am new to crochetville and was reading about your yo-yo and granny daughter project. Do you still need yo-yos? I have been crocheting scarves for the WA Special Olympics and this looks like it would be a good way to use up the scraps. I can send you some - they look like they make up very quickly. I will send you a pm (I think I know how to do it) and get your address to send them to. Happy Crocheting!

Hi Vanessa,

Nobody has posted here in awhile. I read through the previous posts and it looks like the hostess has been going through a lot at home. I'll bet that if you start making yo yo's, someone will eventually speak up for them.

And thanks for the info on the 2011 scarves. I didn't get the info on the 2010 scarves until about 2 weeks before the deadline and I had to scramble!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes hun I have recieved them. I have recently gotten the lot of the others I had back from my old home and now I have all of them in one place. I am sorry I have not written in a while I have been between places for the last week getting my stuff moved to my new place. I am always taking yo yos and granny daughters.

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

I sent a package out on Monday. Just wanted to check and see if you received it yet?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm working on some circles for you now. Going through my scraps and found that most of them are the perfect size to make one. I save the ones that are too small for anything and put them out so the birds have some extra nest material.

• 3 months later...

if you wouldnt mind to pm me your addy ill send ya some yo yos. im destashing atm and have alot of yarn (at least a plastic bin full) so il send ya some here and there

I noticed there was a memeber taking Circles for her local cause and she has has not been able to respond for a while.

What I would like to do is take in Circles or Yo yo's and put them together using this method..

http://yarncrazy.googlegroups.com/web/simple_yoyo_square.pdf?gda=E9bA2kgAAACtAEnQvAmqE03ogaEVVH_ZY4B0KI-PJ7pQ1j_OPJwSwq0m2KrwK6311LRo_db511qmwwmmjY8lLEkm5GsdcWpfGjVgdwNi-BwrUzBGT2hOzg&hl=en

Then donate the finished Afghans to the many charities we have going here at the Ville.

The Circles for this method do seem to be a bit different from the others being taken before.. But if you have some of those made up and sitting around I'll work on modifying the method to fit them.

If you are willing to make new ones out of the method this pattern Calls for here is the way the Circles are made..

Chain 4 slip stitch in fist chain to form a ring, Chain Three and then 15 DC in the ring, Join with slip stitch in the top of the beginning chain three and tie off..

I am not worried about ends being tucked in I can do that myself.. I look forward to working on these with the Ville and look forward to getting to know some of the members better..

I am around most of the time seeing as I am a house wife.. So I can be reached most anytime via private messages. PM me for my address or any questions I'll be sure to answer them in a timely manner.

Editing to add information.. I am looking to have these in a finished size of 1 and a half to 2 inches.. Any yarn is ok.. I have been using worsted weight yarn ends on the ones I have made here.. And my hook size has been an H..

Thanks again

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy N.:c9

Absolutely beautiful! You are ambitious, ha ha, I think I have some yo yo's in a zip lock somewhere, edited ... Ok, I made a bunch more in your specs, will be sending out soon.....I have your address, thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about the recent upheaval in your life, but like everyone has said, sounds like it was for the better. *Big hug!* I bet it helps to have this ongoing crochet project to keep your mind and your hands occupied!

I'm going to start working on some yo-yo's now and I'll ask for your address when I have a decent number ready to go.

I had never heard of yo-yo's before this thread, and I think it is a super cool look. Love the pics you posted. I may add my own yo-yo afghan to my ever-growing list of projects to-do. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi Ladies.. I want to thank everyone that has sent me yo yo's they have made wonderful afghans and those have gone on to there charities to make some poeple nice and warm. I am running low and I am open to take more seeing as it's the time of year these will be needed. So if you have any you have been saving up for me I would love to have them. Thank you all and I am sorry I have been such a stranger .. I'll be around more now that life has settled down for me again.

Warmest of Wishes to you all..

Kristy:hook

Yo yo's going out in tomorrows post, about a hundred or so, hope this helps! Ill have more scraps in no time, so if you still have the need, let us know. Thanks, I think what you're doing is quite ambitious, and I wish you the best of luck!

Got them today Hun Thank you sooooo much these will help me get some more done up..

Warmest Wishes

Kristy:hook

Archived