Yo Yo's for Charity

Ladydaydreamer

Thank you for sending newer ones out.. As promised here is an image of the afghan I have been putting together I have 8 more squares to sew together and put a border on but this gives an idea of the look.. I hope you all enjoy.

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

Kristy I like your afghan and its pattern. Too bad I hate knitting.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kristy I like your afghan and its pattern. Too bad I hate knitting.

jackie, it's not knitted. it's crocheted. the colored centers are the 1st round of a granny square. the she follows the pattern to crochet them together. :)

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kristy,

I'm out of work right now with a back injury, so I have lots of time on my hands at the moment. If you would still like some yo-yo's I can start working on them for ya. My stash needs some serious downsizing:D

Jamie

Thank you for sending newer ones out.. As promised here is an image of the afghan I have been putting together I have 8 more squares to sew together and put a border on but this gives an idea of the look.. I hope you all enjoy.

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

Wow that is coming out very nicely!

Thank you Guys.. I am sorry I have been so quiet I have been up to my ears in working on things..

I am always looking to take in more Yo yo's because as soon as Christmas is behind me I will desperately need something to keep me busy..

I am hopping to be able to step back from everything else this month and get that afghan completed so that I might get it sent off..

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.. I hope the holidays went well for you all.. I have so many yo yos right now so I have lots of work to keep me busy over the long months I want to thank all of you for your help with this.. I should have blankets to send out sometime in Feb.. I have one almost done and another halfway done..

I will also be able to take Granny daughters for those of you that know what those are.. I Just got in a large number of them from Dorothy yesterday and she sent enough to make one child sized blanket.. So I can sew those together as well..

Thank you Dorothy for them I'll be getting these two done and getting photos up soon..

Thank you all again..

Kristy:c9

• 2 weeks later...

As Promised here are photos of my first afghan completely done and ready for a charity.. I won't be able to send it out until after the DH gets to go back to work but here it is.. This was done out of the Granny daughters that had been sent to me..

Thank you all and warmest thoughts

Kristy

post-12630-13589749592_thumb.jpg

post-12630-135897495923_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

looking for more circles?

I whipped out my crochet at work today, working on my circles during lunch. They just asked a few questions and continued to stare at me making circles.....LOL!

I am still taking yo yo's and granny daughters.. I'll keep taking them to get them sewn together.. I do have a new mailing address so if you are looking to send some out please shoot me a pm and I'll get right back to you.

Brightest thoughts to you all

Kristy :hook

As Promised here are photos of my first afghan completely done and ready for a charity.. I won't be able to send it out until after the DH gets to go back to work but here it is.. This was done out of the Granny daughters that had been sent to me..

Thank you all and warmest thoughts

Kristy

I have a different joining for the granny's daughter from Vanna's Afghan and Crochet Favorites. I have an extra copy that I could send you if you are interested. It is a more lacy pattern. I made a queen size afghan using this pattern and it goes fairly quickly. PM me with an address if you are interested. Great finished afghan in pic. :clap Also will make some for you if you still need them. Wanda

Archived