Yo Yo's for Charity

Ladydaydreamer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kristy, Are you running low yet?

I have enough to put together three ghans so more would be helpful. Sorry I don't get on a lot I keep myself busy .. Thank you Ladies..

Hugs

Kristy

• 4 months later...

Hey Ladies I am sure some of you would like to see some of these put together in a complete Ghan and I have one that has recently been complete and will be going to one of the drives soon so here is what they look like when I have them worked up ..

Sorry for the quality of the photos it was done with my phone and it's hard with my being in a wheelchair to get a good angle on a full ghan lol..

I am hoping to be around a lot more now that I am finally slowly down and pulling my life together.

Thank you Ladies for your help on these Yo yos you can't even begin to imagine how it feels to get one done and know it was the hands of many that will help someone in need.

Warmest Wishes all

Kristy:hook

post-12630-135897705564_thumb.jpg

post-12630-135897705569_thumb.jpg

post-12630-135897705572_thumb.jpg

I am working on one now that is done in a soft brown trimmed in a nice soft sage looking color I'll share photos of it too when i am done with it.. I couldn't have made these happen without you ladies!

Warmest Thoughts

kristy

I am working on one now that is done in a soft brown trimmed in a nice soft sage looking color I'll share photos of it too when i am done with it.. I couldn't have made these happen without you ladies!

Warmest Thoughts

kristy

Kristy, do you need some more, if so, can you repeat to me one more time, how you like them made, ha ha. I think they are 16 dcs, but have made so many different ways, i forgot! bad me, I know! You do beautiful and commendable work, and put your time and talents to a great end with charity donations. No telling how many benefit from your generosity!

those have gone on to there charities to make some poeple nice and warm. I am running low and I am open to take more seeing as it's the time of year these will be needed.

I am just discovering this thread. I am right now going through my small balls and making yoyos. Can you tell me what charities you have sent these ghans to thus far? I did see one picture of a beautiful ghan. Are there other pictures somewhere?

[added] I am also curious as to the other methods of making yoyos, just for my own info. I only know the one method of making 16dc in ring. I have made granny's daughters as well, double yoyos etc. I have a page on my web site showing how to make these, but if there is another method I might like to include that as well.

Sandie

Yes I am always open to taking more.. Right now i have enough to complete three full ghans. This is how I have had them made up for me there is one of two methods

Chain 4 slip stitch in fist chain to form a ring, Chain Three and then 15 DC in the ring, Join with slip stitch in the top of the beginning chain three and tie off..

Or you can

Chain 4 and then 15 dc in forth ch from hook and join with a slip stitch to the top of the chain 3 and finish off.

you can either tuck in the ends or i can do it once i have them.

I have been using an I hook for all my work if that helps.

The first ghans I made went to a local shelter for abused women I did that after having a neighbor be housed there after her husband put her in the hospital. I thought a woman knowing someone out there cares enough to make something for a stranger would help her possibly be strong enough to make changes for herself.

The latest one I have on this thread will be going to a lady here on the forums for her charity it will be being shipped out to her on the 3rd of Nov.

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

Hello Ladydaydreamer

I'm slightly new on the 'Ville and this thread has only just been brought to my attention. I would love to send you some Yo-yo's. I have lots of little balls of varigated yarn that I will make into some yo's. :hug

Reading that you have sent some of the aghans to a women refuge hit home with me as, if she lived in the States, my sister could have very well sought refuge in such a place.

The latest one I have on this thread will be going to a lady here on the forums for her charity it will be being shipped out to her on the 3rd of Nov.

Warmest Thoughts

Kristy

It would be nice if the lady on these forums mentions receiving this special afghan for her charity.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The link you gave on page one showing what you are using the yo-yos for is no longer working. Can you show us an example? What charities are you blessing with your afghans? This is something that I would love to participate in!

The link you gave on page one showing what you are using the yo-yos for is no longer working. Can you show us an example? What charities are you blessing with your afghans? This is something that I would love to participate in!

Never mind - I lookes back thru the 11 pages of threads and got my questions answered! I will make some up for you and PM you when they are ready to go! Thanks for doing this!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

awesome

Hey Ladies I am sure some of you would like to see some of these put together in a complete Ghan and I have one that has recently been complete and will be going to one of the drives soon so here is what they look like when I have them worked up ..

Sorry for the quality of the photos it was done with my phone and it's hard with my being in a wheelchair to get a good angle on a full ghan lol..

I am hoping to be around a lot more now that I am finally slowly down and pulling my life together.

Thank you Ladies for your help on these Yo yos you can't even begin to imagine how it feels to get one done and know it was the hands of many that will help someone in need.

Warmest Wishes all

Archived