Yo Yo's for Charity

Ladydaydreamer

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
The one i am mailing out this Thursday on the 3rd will be going to

dilyca2006 for her charity drive.. I am sure she would be willing to post on my thread when she gets this one..

Thanks again

Kristy

I wish dilyca2006 had posted a picture (here or on her thread) of the one you were sending her last Nov. 3rd. Or did she, and I just missed seeing it.

• 6 months later...

I have one ready to go out in March is anyone taking the Afghans right now if so please inbox me.. I say March because that's when I'll have the funds to ship it out.. I am also open to taking scarp yarn from your projects to put these together as funds for yarn to put them together is ever so tight now. So anyone that wants to help with yo yo's or scrap yarn please message me.. Thanks ladies and I am looking forward to sending this one out in March..

Thanks

Kristy

• 6 months later...

So far to date I have completed 4 Ghans and the last two were donated to my parents church for one of the members they did a silent auction for him to raise money for his kidney surgery So those two with all your help has had a small part in helping this gentlman and his family.

I am working on yo yos that have been sent tonight tucking in ends and starting to make the blocks up again So I'll be around tonight if anyone wants to ask anything. Seeing as I don't have one of the completed ones here anymore I'll have to finish another one to reload pics of what they look like I am not sure why we lost the last ones..

Been a rough sick week in bed so i have gotten a good about of the yo yo's ready to be worked up with tucking and nipping, I am always open to take more when ever you wish to help I would like to get way more tha just 4 done this year.

I think that is about all I have for an update for right now I should get back to work now.

Big hugs and loving stitches all..

Kristy

oh good,a way to use up those last little bits on the skeins

and that you don't mind tucking the ends,even better

these are different than what I usually do,which is the first round of a granny square,did get the hang of this,so I'm off and running with it.

pm your address,since you seem to be on, infrequently,thanks Linda

I am having another sleepless night so I thought I would work on the yo yo blankets again. I am runing low on my Circles ladies looks like I have enough to get maybe three gans together ... See photo below.

So I am going to bust out some squares tonight I'll post a pic of a few of them either later tonight or tomorrow sometimes.

Kristy

I just wanted to Edit this post with a photo of the square I did tonight

Editing to add a photo of a finished square....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

post-12630-0-29055700-1377068189_thumb.jpg

post-12630-0-82415300-1377075915_thumb.jpg

post-12630-0-37658500-1377277938_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello all I have had many medical issues come up and since they have come up I have been on bed rest for some time now, still on bed rest this is so drawn out. I have pretty much drawn into myself over the last year being stuck in bed all this time did a number on my emotional state. And having to be on Oyxgen all the time now kinda has me down.. I stopped breathing about three months ago due to the deep curve in my spine not giving my lungs room in my chest and from a case of phnemoina (sp?) I had and did not know that I have it landed me in ICU for three days in a medicaly induced coma and on life they woke me up on the third day and kept me in the hospital for another week because my oxygen levels were staying low. So I have had allot going on I am starting to feel better and I am always taking the circles.

I just have not been around or rather have not been feeling social for a while now that's getting old and I am wanting to be social again and start helping out again I am currently doing baby hats with a neighbor for a local hospital but would love to get back to this work as well.

I love everything everyone here has done to help me with these and my local woman's shelter loved the ones taken to them a little over a year ago so your Yoyo's have found others to touch. I do them in 12" squares that are 4x4 yoyos and then the 12" squares are sewn together to make an afghan that is 3x4 for a total of 12 squares I know this was asked just trying to clear that up.

So if anyone wants to send squares or scrap yarn that will be used in putting the yoyo's into square format I am still open to take all donations to do so as always just pm me here and I will send you the address that I can recieve them at. THank you all for being here for me over the years and for being a big part of helping me brighten the lives of others. I really could not have been doing it without your help!

Ladydaydreamer

Trying to get better one day at a time.

Archived