What Thing have you forgotten how to crochet?

Ok hopefully it's just not me. Last week I went and tried to make a hat I know how to read the pattern crazy thing is I forgot how to make the hat since I haven't made them in about 6 months or so. So here is my question is there something that you use to crochet so much and have forgotten how to make it? Or am I the only silly one who has forgotten to make a hat :lol.:thinknot sure where my head is at

My fave "granny" square is the Granny a la Harper. I have made dozens and dozens of them but every time I have to go back and look at the pattern again. I should be able to make one with one hand tied behind my back and a blindfold on. Not! :rofl

No your not the only one I have been crocheting for many many years that when the first round ripple came out I fell in love with it well I could not get past row 5 for six months I work rip it out so many times I just put it aside work on my other afghans. I was determined to get this pattern. I had so many patterns for this afghan and finally I got one that I understood and got the pattern to work for me. I have made four so far and have a couple more to finish. Sometimes a pattern when you have not work with it in a long time just seems to be confusing then put it aside and go back another day it may come back to you. I find some patterns today poorly written I make notes on some so I can understand what I am doing. I like to be creative not frustrated for sure. Good luck on figuring out your pattern.:think

just the other day I sat down to make a corner to corner afghan with 2 balls of yarn I had left over so I thought that would be perfect to do well I got one block done and for the life of me couldn't remember what to do next I sat there for a good 30 minutes before I got online and looked at the pattern then the light bulb came on

Irish Crochet and Serpentine Lace (bruges crochet). Cannot do it without referring to guide or pattern, yet as a child could whip right through it. Can still do the basic ribbon or flowers/leaves etc..., but the joining stitches and fill ins just refuse to stay with me.

I can still hear grandma mumbling at me in polish, telling me to pay attention to what I am doing...:sigh

I've used a pattern to make slippers for many years now. I still have to refer to it to see how to start it. You'd think after more than 100 pairs I would have it down pat.

I think I have the best one here. Years ago I created a chocolate truffle cheese cake that is dipped in chocolate with a raspberry sauce. It is very chocolaty, anywho, I forgot how to make it. I actually had to get out my DD cookbook to look at at the recipe. I hate getting old...

Archived