wrap with slits.

dilyca2006

It's very pretty, Diane - I love your color choice. I hope you'll be able to figure a way to alter the pattern so that it better suits you. Thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks everyone.

Well. I am a bigger girl then the model of the wrap.

It looks longer on me then it does on her. Of course. I don't have a full length mirror and this is me looking down at how it looks on me!!!LOL I will get my husband to take a picture. I am not sure how one would be able to alter unless it was made wider, shorter or longer then the pattern calls for.

I think it looks great! Comparing the 2 pictures, it looks like they just have the inside edge turned up like a collar and that their slit is higher up :think their ends are longer. Regardless, I think you did a great job!

Kris

Thanks Kris. I didn't do the edging like the pattern says. I am not real fond of a reverse sc!! I sc'd all the way then did the sc chain 3 double chain in the same stitch skip 2 sc chain 3 double chain in the same stitch thing all the say around.

I love yours. Such a neat colour and it looks so pretty on.

I find that mine is a goodly bit smaller than it looks on the model as well. I plan to wear mine with the slit over my shoulder. I just hope it works. I would hate to spend all that time and not be able to use it... especially as it is actually for me ... what a novel concept :eek

Darski Thanks.

I think I might try to see about wearing the slit over the shoulder, that is a really need idea.

My friend that made one suggested making it longer and wider, I didn't count rows after I got the slit done, I just made sure that It was at least 80 inches long like it suggested.

• 2 weeks later...

I love it on you! It looks much better on than the original pic. I definitely think you should keep it & wear it & show it off. I'm sure after you get a few compliments, you'll change your mind about it.

BTW, I think we all need to stop comparing ourselves with the models who are usually no bigger than a size zero. It's self-defeating to compare our normal bodies with their skinny ones. I'm 5'7" & 150 lbs, perfect size 12. I'm not fat, but I'd probably look twice as big as one of those models standing next to one....

Thanks... And, your BTW is so right on!!! I am close to 50 (and I know that is not old by any means) and 45 pounds heavier then I was when my husband and I got married and I thought I was fat then!!!!LOL I know that I could lose some weight. I would breath better a few pounds lighter. I know that this is something that I should not obcess over. Thank you for the reminder!!!!!!!!

I love it on you! It looks much better on than the original pic. I definitely think you should keep it & wear it & show it off. I'm sure after you get a few compliments, you'll change your mind about it.

BTW, I think we all need to stop comparing ourselves with the models who are usually no bigger than a size zero. It's self-defeating to compare our normal bodies with their skinny ones. I'm 5'7" & 150 lbs, perfect size 12. I'm not fat, but I'd probably look twice as big as one of those models standing next to one....

Archived