Renaissance Tunic CAL

nicolep

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to stop by here to see how it is going but I just can't add any more projects to my list right now.

I am looking forward to seeing what y'all come up with on this. :dreaming

I'm going to start it this weekend, I think. I have a feeling this going to take some time. I really want to make it, but have a feeling I'll get bored eventually. We'll happily accept late comers. Actually, no one has really decided to make it with me. So it might just be me! :lol

That on is in my round tuit pile. It will look great on my daughter. But I have to finish up somemore stuff for the craft group. I'll peek in and see how you are doing. :)

:mug:cat:yarn

Wish I could join, but I have too much to do before Christmas. Not sure who I would make it for besides me.:D Maybe I will check back after the holidays. Good luck.

I don't think I'm going to be able to resist this one. It will take a few weeks before I can get started. I have back to school clothes and school supplies to purchase first. After 5 weeks of working only 3 days a week I am going back to a 5-day work week. I should get my first decent check next Friday. So I am guessing in about 3 weeks I should be able to go yarn shopping.

Nicole - what colors do you plan on using?

Hurray! We have a few people willing to work on the tunic. With you all and the folks poking in, this should be a lot of fun!!

I hope to buy the yarn this weekend. We'll have to see if I can get the colors I want at the store or if I have to ship (:yuck).

I'm not sure about colors yet, Jennifer. I like the colors that it's made in now, but might go with black instead of dark blue. Then I could wear it with different pants. I have a skein of CSS in sage left from the kit swap. I'm sure I'll use that in there for some of the trim.

Oh I love...I wish I had the yarn to make it. Good luck everyone. *marking pattern in favorites for future use.*

If you do decide to make it in the future, please do stop by! We might still be here. It's going to take me a while to get this one done. I haven't even started it yet! :lol It's too bad the yarn won't arrive at my house the instant it's order. :sigh

I am so excited about starting this pattern. I may be able to pick up some yarn this weekend. The last thing I need to do is start another project. I showed the pattern to my mom and a good friend and they loved it.

How does everyone prioritize their projects? I have an afghan I am working on for my mom for Christmas. Also, she wants me to make her a purse. I have a booklet on crocheting edging on plain old sweatshirts that I want to try as possible Christmas gifts. I need to start making my snowflake ornaments for Christmas gifts. ARGH. And now I want to work in another project. My husband thinks I'm nuts because I bounce around from one WIP to another and it takes forever to finally finish something.

How does everyone prioritize their projects? I have an afghan I am working on for my mom for Christmas. Also, she wants me to make her a purse. I have a booklet on crocheting edging on plain old sweatshirts that I want to try as possible Christmas gifts. I need to start making my snowflake ornaments for Christmas gifts. ARGH. And now I want to work in another project. My husband thinks I'm nuts because I bounce around from one WIP to another and it takes forever to finally finish something.

I have the same problem and my whole house has been overtaken with WIPs and yarn. :eek My husband just rolls his eyes now when I start a new project. :rofl

I work much better on a deadline when it comes to gifts. I usually start them at the beginning of October, but rarely touch them until after Thanksgiving. Then I’m a crocheting crazy woman for a month. Every year I decide to start earlier, but never manage to stick with that plan.

I don’t usually have too many WIP’s at once. I think the most I’ve ever had is five or so. That’s not too bad, right? I want to get started on this CAL tomorrow. Once I get more of the comfortghan squares in I’ll have to take some time to finish the ghan up, but I don’t anticipate that taking too long. I have made ten squares already. I might have to make a few more...just depends on how many I get from wonderful ‘Ville folks.

I have a concern about the amount of yarn the pattern states is used. How in the world does it take more than one skein of the light blue color? There isn’t that much on there. I am not convinced that it would take 10 – 15 skeins of the dark blue. I’m afraid of not buying enough because there are dye lots on Caron SS. The colors vary a lot between dye lots. :sigh I don’t know.

I have a concern about the amount of yarn the pattern states is used. How in the world does it take more than one skein of the light blue color? There isn’t that much on there. I am not convinced that it would take 10 – 15 skeins of the dark blue. I’m afraid of not buying enough because there are dye lots on Caron SS. The colors vary a lot between dye lots. :sigh I don’t know.

I was thinking about that as well. It seems to call for alot of yarn. I was going to change my colors though. I was thinking about black for the MC and using orchid and raspberry or maybe tan and cream for the others. I want to make sure I buy enough yarn but I don't want too much. My stash is already out of control. :think

I was thinking about that as well. It seems to call for alot of yarn. I was going to change my colors though. I was thinking about black for the MC and using orchid and raspberry or maybe tan and cream for the others. I want to make sure I buy enough yarn but I don't want too much. My stash is already out of control. :think

Yep! I really don't think that much will be necessary. The writer/editor probably just guessed on the number of skeins and didn't work the entire thing out. The yarn would cost over $60 if I bought the amount it called for. I'm going to play around in Hobby Lobby tomorrow. I'll let you know what I come up with, but I know that I won't buy 15 skeins! :eek

Almost forgot - I'm going to go with black also. I definitely want to use the skein of the sage I have left over. I have enough Caron SS in my stash for the trim colors, but not in the colors I really want. I'll make a final decision eventually!

I bought my yarn today! :cheer

I'm using black, white, green and possibly purple for my colors. I can't decide if I want to skip the third and fourth colors or not. I'm really excited about starting this tonight. :clap

I wish. It could be another couple of weeks before I get my yarn. We discovered some plumbing issues last night and this morning. In our master bath, the plumbing for the tub is leaking all into the wall. Didn't know until I realized the carpet was all wet in our office. Last night I got to pulling up the carpet. Once we moved the cabinet and bookcase out of the closet we discovered a small access into the wall and sure enough the water is trickling out of the pipes when you turn on the tub.

Then this morning DH was using the shower upstairs and I noticed water dripping from the ceiling in the master bath. How does this happen? Two leaks at the same time? So we will spend time and money this weekend trying to fix the leaks. Fortunately a guy I work with is a Jack-of-all-trades and is willing to help us. SIGH.

I'm still looking forward to working on this. I will just have to put it off a bit.

Archived