Renaissance Tunic CAL

nicolep

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man oh man. I'm following this closely, as I love the tunic. Actually, BOTH of them! But I have two major WIPs, so I'll just have to have this waiting to go next! Keep up the good work!

We'd love to have you whenever you're ready! We have a few people that are going to start later. So, I think the CAL will be around for awhile.

Well, I had hoped to get in on this cal but the crappy economy has finally hit my yarn budget hard! :lol Guess I will have to sit it out and put this in my list of WIMs. Good luck all.... I will be watching and :cheer :cheer :cheer from the sidelines. ;)

I'm still working on the vest...I thought I'd have pics by yesterday, but other things got in the way and today I was in Seattle visiting friends. But tonight I'm going to work on the vest and see how far I can get.

I saw this the other day and thought it was soooo pretty! :manyheart Unfortunately, we're in the middle of moving, so I don't have the time or money to make it yet. Hopefully soon, though, and when I can I'm going to check back here for ya'll's insight! :yes

Oh.my.word! I finally figured out what was wrong with my arm hole edgings. For those of you that do this pattern and do the edgings...pay very close attention to where it says to "turn" and "not turn." When you get to the row that calls for slip stitching around the post...do so LOOSELY!!!! If done right, the effect is awesome. Gimme another day or two and I will have pics. Highlight the "turns" and "do not turns..." That's where I made mistakes and couldn't figure out why the edging didn't look right. Now it looks perfect. *Whew* what a drill. It only took me frogging down to row 4 to get it right.

Carry on.

I love it! The only problem is I can't add it to my "must do" project load right now. I won't be able to tack on any new "gotta do's" until after probably the first week of December, but if, by some quirk of fate, the thread is still going at that point I'll happily join in!

This is the first year that my Christmas crocheting is actually on schedule and I don't want to do anything to jeopardize that because as long as things keep going the way they're going, I will actually have time to enjoy the couple of weeks leading up to Christmas this year instead of being in a nose-to-the-grindstone mad dash to complete gifts like I usually am. :lol

Totally understand many people not being able to do this CAL right now, but do hope that eventually some will.

I'm STILL not done with this vest...am getting there, but man...it just seems to be taking for.ev.er.

But will say, it's looking really good now that I've corrected my mistakes on the edgings.

Okay, FINALLY have work in progress pics for this Ren Tunic. This is the finished "vest" with the insert piece. I made the insert piece a little bigger so that when the whole thing is done, I'll be able to fit the garment over my head and then tighten when it's laced up. Makes more sense to me than have one side of the vest and "skirt" open 6 inches...

Anyway, here you are...look closely at the edging on the close up pic to see the effect of the edging, especially the black and light country blue. Very neat affect I think.

post-2629-1358974442_thumb.jpg

post-2629-135897444205_thumb.jpg

Hope you like...now onto the "skirt" (am thinking of doing the sleeves a little different than called for. Will use same pattern stitch, but instead of working separately, will attach yarn to inside of vest armhole and work out...we'll see...

Breathtaking, LeAnna! I absolutely love the colors you picked. Mine has been put on hold for the time being. I have a few projects I need to work on, but hope to get back to it very soon. Thanks for sharing the pictures. You're right, the edging is very neat.... I'm going to try it again I think. I'm not liking the twist I put on it after seeing yours. :think

thanks Nichole...just make sure that you highlight the WS and RS (wrong side, right side) and turns and don't turns, 'cause that makes a big difference. The only changes I made to the pattern on the edging is on row 5 and 7, I did the same as row 2: *work split-sc over same and next st* deal...instead of what she originally had...I just think it worked better and looked a little bit better. And I thought it was easier too.

Yeah for once I stayed with original recommendations in brand and colors of yarn the pattern called for (I'm always using different colors and different brands...) I think the only color change I had was the red yarn because the store I was in didn't have whatever the color in the pattern was called for.

So it looks like for now anyway, I'm the only one working on this pattern eh? No worries...I'm enjoying myself and hopefully when I'm done with mine, others will be inspired to give the pattern a try for themselves...of course, when some of their other WIPs and UFO's are dealt with...which I totally get...I have too many projects collecting dust at the moment myself...but I needed a fresh and challenging project to get my motor running again...

Glad you like so far...

I've actually been working on this one for a week or so.. I was very glad to see someone else is also making it! It motivated me to make my first post, in any case :). I'm currently on the right armhole, and onto the sleeves after that. I'm using a different ww yarn besides caron because I had it lying around. I'd love to see a pic of yours when you finish it. I will for sure post one of mine :D.

Welcome Alyssa...I'm working on the peplum "skirt" part of the tunic now...it's coming along nicely. Family's seriously impressed and my aunt wants me to make her one.

Thanks Tralee! I went to a family gathering yesterday and showed the other crocheters in my family this project and my Aunt, who is in her 60's, wants me to make her one...awesome. It got lots of oooooohhhh's and ahhhhhhh's...and I wore the companion tunic designed by the same person yesterday too and they loved that as well..

Hi Nicole, I'm brand new to Crochetville and I love this pattern. I'm just an intermediate crocheter but after looking at this pattern, it seems it would be a great challenge for me! I'm up for it. I'll have to wait till next week to get all my stuff. Let's keep in touch. when are you starting yours????? I'm printing the pattern as I type this!

Marie

I want to make this, but this has to go on the backburner until probably after Christmas.

But I'm going to Florida in late January. Looks like I can get it done in a month to wear during the winter nights down there. The yarn would be a good Christmas present for me (and I can get it at after Christmas prices).

I also need to lose a few pounds. Right now, I think I can get into a 2X, but I'd like to lose a few pounds so it would be more comfortable on me.

Anyone else going to start this after the holidays?

Hi Nicole, I'm brand new to Crochetville and I love this pattern. I'm just an intermediate crocheter but after looking at this pattern, it seems it would be a great challenge for me! I'm up for it. I'll have to wait till next week to get all my stuff. Let's keep in touch. when are you starting yours????? I'm printing the pattern as I type this!

Marie

I have already started mine. I'm almost done with the accent border. Mine is on hold fo a little bit because I need to get some more yarn. I also have a few more projects I have to get done first.

I think this CAL will be around for awhile. Start whenever you're ready!

Welcome Marie...I'm working on the Peplum or skirt part of the tunic now...haven't worked on it for a couple of days, but will today...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up when you're ready...

I thought I'd pop in with a bit of an update...a little stalled at the moment...have most of the peplum (skirt) done...and have decided on a bit of a slight design change on the sleeves... will keep you posted...

Archived