DuPage County Fair Results

Our County fair was last week, it was so much fun. This was the third year I entered, but the first year I didn't win any blue ribbons. The good thing was that it is getting much more popular, and many more people were submitting their crochet! I submitted 5 items and placed in 4 of them.

I made a large afghan with following the 63 crochet stitch pattern from LA- 3rd place

a santa pillow- 2nd place

a cable scarf (a crochet garden pattern)- no place

a pumpkin hat for a baby - 4th place

and the Noah's Ark blaknet- 3rd place

I have attached a link to the slide show.

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k310/MrsPrincipal/Fair%20Results%202009/

I would encourage all to look into their county fairs, they are really fun.

Congratulations, Mrs. Principal! -You did so well! I have never submitted anything in a competition, but I can imagine what a thrill it must be to win an award! Thank you for sharing your joy! :cheer

I went to many DuPage County Fairs, since I lived in Wheaton for twenty-five years, and never entered one. I always thought the county fair was for farmers. The first one I entered was in Nevada when I was sixty years old. Now it's the highlight of my life.

Congratulations on your ribbons, your work is lovely. I always look forward to your posts.

Fair time is my favorite time of year. It has been since I was a child. Well done on your enteries. The santa pillow was especially adorable. This is the second year I have entered in our fair. I already have ideas for next year. Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations on the ribbons you did win!! :clap :clap A few years ago, I entered 5 items in our county fair(first time I ever entered). I received blue ribbons on 4 out of 5 items. I was sooooo excited. I can't believe it's county fair time already(ours is in Sept.)!! :eek :eek Anyway, great job!! :)

Congratulations on your ribbons! :cheer If these weren't first place, I'd sure like to know what was!!!! Your work is wonderful!

We usually go to the DuPage fair but missed it this year. :( The other fair we like to go to each year is the Walworth County Fair in Elkhorn WI. I'd kind of like to try the fair entry thing, but I'd have a hard time to leave my work somewhere unattended. I'd keep thinking and worrying of everyone touching it with their grimy little fingers, or spilling something, or.... I'm so anal, it's probably best I don't enter. :D

Archived