in a slump

I am having a hard time deciding what project I want to work on next.:think

I keep starting them then ripping them out.:crocheting

I am getting really frustrated and need some advice.:angry

Can you help me?

I love crocheting anything...I just need something challenging and interesting enough to keep my attention.:hug

One Word (and I hope I spell it right)- Seraphina

Lol, That's one shawl I've started so many times but I get a little ways into it and lose interest which is kinda sad cause it's sooo easy to make.

Julee

I can't tell you how many times I have been in that same "crochet funk" !!!! It is horrible!!! Sometimes it takes a separation from crocheting for me to find the next project.

What about doing something in thread instead of yarn? It might be a challenge using the different material.

Good luck... keep us posted on what you decide.

I've been there several times. Sometimes, just taking a break and doing something else till I feel inspired again helps. A yarn that tickles my fancy. A cause...who would benefit if I finish it. (direction)

Window browsing. Looking at others accomplishments, finished works or patterns.

The light will shine again and the zest Will return. smile

You know the picture I have in my blog above the "About Me" section that shows some bushes, rocks and Deadman Crick?? You could crochet that!

That would be just about the coolest thing in the world to do, in my humble opinion.

Now let me ponder who you could give the finished piece to, to decorate his wall up on the ranch. Hmmmmmmmm.

Been missing you, Kido!

Jimbo

In fact it's been so long i forgot how to spell your name!!

You know the picture I have in my blog above the "About Me" section that shows some bushes, rocks and Deadman Crick?? You could crochet that!

That would be just about the coolest thing in the world to do, in my humble opinion.

Now let me ponder who you could give the finished piece to, to decorate his wall up on the ranch. Hmmmmmmmm.

Been missing you, Kido!

Jimbo

Aw...thank you. I've been missing you as well.

:hug

Hi Tracyleigh,

How about Annie's Attic Cathedral Rose

Window Afghan for a challenge? I just ordered

that pattern and am waiting to recieve it. It looks like it could be a

little bit challenging. If not, I am sure you will find something to crochet soon.

Your friend in crochet,

Linda

Or you could do one of my very favorites.... RoseRed's famous "umberjack Flannelghan" from her website "Inspired Crochet Design" Sorry, having trouble copying the link.

sometimes, wandering around CPC does it for me (or other places of inspiration--my memory stick/flash drive, my few books, my stash of old mags...)...other times, taking a break, totally (spend a night or two with a good book works for me) other times, it's time for a "me" project, other times, a "someone else" project...sometimes changing fibres (yarn to thread, like someone else said)...I guess it all depends on the funk!

you want a challenge...invent something! that can really get the wheels turning. LOL

hope some of this helps a bit! :)

I've been in a slump lately too. Maybe it's the name (I'm Tracey Lee).:D I just started working on a prairie star afghan for my mom (she requested one just like the one I made for my sister last year). Hope you find something to get you going.:hug

When I don't know where to go next (or if I just can't face one of my wips :blush), I try something different like knitting a dishcloth, or something else that is simple and small (that instant gratification thingy). Or I may try a stitch I have never done before. My most recent has been the fpdc and bpdc, I was afraid of those for a while because it just seemed to complicated. Baby items also work up quickly and have that it's so cute factor that it is hard to resist.

I'm in the same FUNK!!! Trying to figure out what to do next. :eekI usually have Christmas things going by now...but with DD out of college and no roommates to make gifts for I am just sitting here wondering what to do!!!

I HAVE NO PROJECT!!!! :blush

I'm in the same FUNK!!! Trying to figure out what to do next. :eekI usually have Christmas things going by now...but with DD out of college and no roommates to make gifts for I am just sitting here wondering what to do!!!

I HAVE NO PROJECT!!!! :blush

I'm in a similar funk myself I have started a scarf but I have been taking little breaks because the wrist is acting up so didn't do too much crocheting. I sometimes just take a couple days to group and go out and enjoy nature then sometimes it comes to me

I am feeling the same way right now. I agree with Val that sometimes it helps to make something small that is quick and easy.

Have you seen the latest issue of Crochet today?? They have some cute projects in it (I am starting the Whimsical Watermelon blanket at that seems to be breaking me out of my funk) but on their website there are some cute free patterns, the earrings are cute and small so maybe that would help? Then again there is a giant pillow in the shape of a crab that is definitely different lol.

I just recently got out of a 3 week long funk (GASP!). I am making the Interweave Crochet Bustier top again, for a friend this time. I love that top although I wouldn't wear it with a shirt underneath. It is gorgeous as a tank. I am using Bernat Cool Crochet in Denim.

Good luck getting out of the slump....I didn't enjoy it while I was there.

I was in a slump not too long ago.. Then I found the cutiest pattern for crochet santa hats for babies. I've made 12 of them and am going to donate them to a local hospital. You can use up some scraps of yarn and they take about a hour or so to make the pattern is at caron.com you'll have to look it up i'm sorry the link i have isn't working!!!

I hope that helps!!!

Another thing that may help is going through pictures of what we have made on crochetville. That has made me nonstop for the past month!!

You guys are the best. Thank you so much for all of your suggestions. I did take time out to read a book and cuddle with my kitties last night for a while when I got home from work. I didn't touch a crochet hook at all last night.-gasp.

I have printed out a few patterns from the net but nothing is saying "CROCHET ME NOW!!!!"

When I am in a slump I usually take that time to organize my yarn, look through my pattern books and patterns and browse the Show and Tell here or look at the finished projects over at Ravelry.

I have been knitting dish cloths, also. Lots of fun and easy patterns there as well!

hope you are inspired soon!

:hug

Archived