Wouldn't it be NICE if the YARN companies

Wouldnt it be nice, IF the yarn companies would say to US consumers, "Hey, we know times are tough right now, and we want to HELP you out by offering FREE shipping on ANY order" that would be so cool, then maybe people like me, who dont have no so called yarn stores, unless walmart counts....lol.. cause it would be so nice to play with different yarns...but ordering them on line, and some can be a bit costly, it isnt a thing someone like me could do. BUT I guess with times being hard, the yarn companies cant afford it either hu?

HUGS and HOOKS

JoAnn

JoAnn, I think you're right! Shipping has become so expensive that the yarn companies can't afford to give it away, although some may offer free shipping if you spend at least a certain amount. I've noticed that a lot of companies, not necessarily yarn companies, have increased the minimum order amount that qualifies for reduced or free shipping.

Times are tough for everyone: individuals and businesses alike. :(

Just received a free shipping from Annie's Attic. Minimum order $15. (for joining Free-Crochet site)

Have one from JoAnn's, minimum order $50. Used the minimum order $25 recently. Needed Ott lite bulb replacement and cream yarn to finish an afghan I have been working on for awhile.

I know I don't like paying shipping. I'll purchase more to make it to the limit needed for free shipping. I would rather get an extra item, than to pay for the shipping.

But it is a terrible time for businesses, as well as customers, so we all have to do what we can.

:manyheart

The prices at craftsetc.com are so much cheaper than my local stores. For me it would be worth it to order from.

I have a Hobby Lobby literally within walking distance of my house and I order ILTY from craftetc.com because it is cheaper....even with shipping!

well i MUST check this place out hu?/ Oh first I need to get money..lol..

yea, it sucks all around don't it though>??

I have a Hobby Lobby literally within walking distance of my house and I order ILTY from craftetc.com because it is cheaper....even with shipping!

That is crazy. The advantage to that for me would be I would not get tempted to buy something else in Hobby Lobby. Just order my yarn from craftetc.com and save money. :think:eek:lol

well i MUST check this place out hu?/ Oh first I need to get money..lol..

yea, it sucks all around don't it though>??

Yes, you need to check out craftsetc. It's Hobby Lobby's website. Right now they have a sale of 25% off their needlework items (includes yarns). If you order $25 or more, it's free shipping. :cheer

I ordered and received my order in 2 days (but I live in Oklahoma City where it's shipped from). I was so pleased with the service and the fact I saved a lot of money getting it online instead of the store. :hook

I got that too from free-crochet and I used it 2 days ago.

Carol:hook

Just received a free shipping from Annie's Attic. Minimum order $15. (for joining Free-Crochet site)

Have one from JoAnn's, minimum order $50. Used the minimum order $25 recently. Needed Ott lite bulb replacement and cream yarn to finish an afghan I have been working on for awhile.

You're lucky!!!!!!! I haven't been to the one in Merrillville in a really long time. I mostly order online also because of the yarn selections.

Carol:hook

Be sure to print out HL's coupon before visiting their store. I buy the stuff when it's on sale. If I need something that is not on sale, then I use the coupon. Usually it's 40% off one item. If you need several items, bring friends or family and print a coupon for each person, have them all buy each item separately.

Archived