Cafe Latte Hot Pad

darski

Cafe Latte Hot Pad

post-4896-135897417412_thumb.jpg

I believe this is a reasonable representation of a cafe latte cup. I hope it works for y'all.

With 5.5mm hook and two strands of Bernat™ 100% cotton Handicrafter yarn in White(MC) and English Lavender (CB). I would suggest that you get a better coffee colour :wlol ) This used very little yarn

Note: ch 1 does not count as a stitch at beginning of row.

Chain 16...

Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc to end. Ch 1 and turn. (15 sc)

Row 2: sc in 6, double dec. over next 3 sc, sc in 6, Ch 1 and turn.

Row 3: sc in 4, dec, sc in next, dec, sc in last 4. Ch 1 and turn.

Row 4: dec over 1st 2 sts, sc in next, hdc in 5, sc in next, dec over last 2 sts, Ch 1 and turn.

Row 5-6: sc evenly across. Ch 1 and turn. 9sc

Row 7-9: 2hdc in 1st sc, hdc to last st, 2 hdc in last. Ch 1 and turn. (11->13->15 hdc)

Row 10: hdc evenly across. Ch 1 and turn.

Row 11: ch 15, sc in 2nd ch from hook, dec twice, sc in 5, dec twice (handle formed), hdc across 15 sts. Ch 1 and turn.

Row 12 – 16: hdc evenly across. Ch 1 and turn. At the end of row 16, you should be at the handle side. Sl st into the end of the handle at this point.

Row 17: hdc evenly across. Ch 1 and turn.

Row 18: 2hdc in 1st st, hdc in 2, sc in 3, sl st in 3, sc in 3, hdc in2, 2hdc in last.. secure but do not break off white.

Row 19: with handle to the right… attach a coffee coloured yarn in the 2nd hdc…

Sc in 4, hdc in 2, dc in 2, hdc in 2, sc in 4. secure and break off CB

Row 20: pick up white, sc in 1st hdc (the white one) sl st across in back loops only, sc in last hdc. Break off and tidy all ends.

I would like to try this again … maybe go higher and def find a better coffee colour :rofl

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2009

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Lion Brand cotton yarn comes in espresso

I just did a search and discovered that. :( I can't get Lion brand.

I'll have to look around... but then it is Black :sigh

Did you ever notice how every solution brings its own problem :rofl

I am going to check MaryMaxim... they might have a cotton that works

Archived