Nubby dishcloth

AuntChar

A pattern by Charlotte Richardson, 2009

http://www.tangledyarns.ca

I know there are a lot of dishcloth patterns out there, but I'm trying to keep things simple since I'm new at writing patterns out. :) The great texture in this dishcloth is achieved by alternating single crochet and treble crochet stitches.

Skill level: easy

Stitches used: chain stitch (ch), single crochet (sc), treble crochet (tr).

Gauge: not important for this project. My finished cloth is about 7 ½” square.

Materials:

• I used a 4mm/size G6 hook.

• 1 ball (1½ oz) worsted weight cotton. I used Bernat Handicrafter Cotton

Ultrasoft, Violet Veil Ombre.

Pattern:

Row 1: Ch 26. Sc in 2nd ch from hook and across. (25)

Row 2: Ch 1, turn. * Sc in first st, tr in next. Repeat from * across, ending with sc.

Row 3: Ch 3, turn. * Sc in tr; tr in next sc. Repeat from * across, ending with tr.

Row 4: Ch 1, turn. * Sc in tr; tr in next sc. Repeat from * across, ending with a sc in top of starting ch 3 of previous row.

Rows 5 to 23: Repeat rows 3 and 4, ending with a row 3. Do not fasten off.

Edging: Ch 1, turn. * Sc across to next corner; 3 sc in last st. Repeat from * around, ending with sl st into first sc. Fasten off and weave ends in.

post-26878-135897415394_thumb.jpg

Thank you! One can never have enough dishcloths and this one looks like it can do some scrubbing! Love the nubby effect. Will definitely be making one of those this weekend.

TYFS

I am going to try it! I love keeping dishcloth patterns in my camper - that way when we are all sitting round the fire I can crochet on something easy!

But right now I am in the middle of sewing skirts (actually revising jumpers into skirts! So no crochet for a while for me - but I can still be "planning" for when the sewing's done!:)

A pattern by Charlotte Richardson, 2009

http://www.tangledyarns.ca

I know there are a lot of dishcloth patterns out there, but I'm trying to keep things simple since I'm new at writing patterns out. :) The great texture in this dishcloth is achieved by alternating single crochet and treble crochet stitches.

Skill level: easy

Stitches used: chain stitch (ch), single crochet (sc), treble crochet (tr).

Gauge: not important for this project. My finished cloth is about 7 ½” square.

Materials:

• I used a 4mm/size G6 hook.

• 1 ball (1½ oz) worsted weight cotton. I used Bernat Handicrafter Cotton

Ultrasoft, Violet Veil Ombre.

Pattern:

Row 1: Ch 26. Sc in 2nd ch from hook and across. (25)

Row 2: Ch 1, turn. * Sc in first st, tr in next. Repeat from * across, ending with sc.

Row 3: Ch 3, turn. * Sc in tr; tr in next sc. Repeat from * across, ending with tr.

Row 4: Ch 1, turn. * Sc in tr; tr in next sc. Repeat from * across, ending with a sc in top of starting ch 3 of previous row.

Rows 5 to 23: Repeat rows 3 and 4, ending with a row 3. Do not fasten off.

Edging: Ch 1, turn. * Sc across to next corner; 3 sc in last st. Repeat from * around, ending with sl st into first sc. Fasten off and weave ends in.

Tfs I love this pattern I'll have to try that when I make another dishcloth

• 3 weeks later...

Great dishcloth! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

I think you could make this in a smaller size, with an acrylic yarn, and you would have a brilliant tawashi (scrubbie) to go with your dishcloth. Two patterns or a set. Why not add to your pattern?

:hug

Archived