Paradise Skirt CAL

~Elise~

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! Praise Jesus! I'm done! The under skirt is in white satin. I used elastic and then wove a white ribbon thru for the waist. I have more photos posted in my flicker account. They are bigger and you can see more detail too. Here's the link. Thank you Robin for sharing this amazing pattern with us. It's definately my most favorite thing I have ever made. I second the motion for a matching top too! :U Elise, I will also continue to follow along to see yours as well. Check your length, mine stretched a bit after wetting it to block. So you may gain a few inches just by doing that. Thanks for starting this CAL. :manyheart For any newbies, I used Elmore Pisgah article # 960 in Super Saphire. ;)

Yay! Praise Jesus! I'm done! The under skirt is in white satin. I used elastic and then wove a white ribbon thru for the waist. I have more photos posted in my flicker account. They are bigger and you can see more detail too. Here's the link. Thank you Robin for sharing this amazing pattern with us. It's definately my most favorite thing I have ever made. I second the motion for a matching top too! :U Elise, I will also continue to follow along to see yours as well. Check your length, mine stretched a bit after wetting it to block. So you may gain a few inches just by doing that. Thanks for starting this CAL. :manyheart For any newbies, I used Elmore Pisgah article # 960 in Super Saphire. ;)

[ATTACH]5457[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5458[/ATTACH]

Oh WOW, the knee length version is as beautiful as the full length :manyheart it's fabulous Heart, you must be thrilled with it! I like the white lining with the dark blue, it shows the pineapples off beautifully. Love your shoes as well!!

Heart, that is GEORGEOUS!! :manyheart Great job!!! (and I'm glad you love it)

Thanks to you both, my brain is whirring...a top may eventually exist...one that co-ordinates with the skirt, but doesn't "Have" to go with it...I'm playing with two ideas so far. Let the day-dreams settle and coalesce, then we might have something to go on. (but don't plan on it happening before this fall :P:blush

Shalom!

That is beautiful Heart! A nice color to.

:D Thank you!

Oh WOW, the knee length version is as beautiful as the full length :manyheart it's fabulous Heart, you must be thrilled with it! I like the white lining with the dark blue, it shows the pineapples off beautifully. Love your shoes as well!!

Thanks! I had to wear the shoes, it just kinda looked vintage with the old suitcase and all. Maby I should tint 1 photo brown or black and white for that old photo feel. :U Though the hot pink toes give it a modern look. Lol. ;)

Heart, that is GEORGEOUS!! :manyheart Great job!!! (and I'm glad you love it)

Thanks to you both, my brain is whirring...a top may eventually exist...one that co-ordinates with the skirt, but doesn't "Have" to go with it...I'm playing with two ideas so far. Let the day-dreams settle and coalesce, then we might have something to go on. (but don't plan on it happening before this fall :P:blush

Shalom!

:clap:clap:clap Cheers on this pattern!!!! Even if a top doesn't come, it's a great skirt pattern. Hopefully more will be inspired to make it to. I think 1 in a dark chocolate color brown would be beautiful with a pink underskirt too. Hmmm... :hook:c9

I agree on the chocolate and pink!! I love those colors together :)

Your vintage style picture is gorgeous, heart. It'd be fun if you have the photo-editing skills (I don't) to make it sepia (brown) or b&w, with the bright pink toenails! I've seen it done (with a butterfly in color, the water and grass all b&w), I just have no idea how :lol

Your take on the original pattern was a grand success! Congrats! I love it

Sarah.............. that turned out absolutely lovely!!!

okay.... now that I've seen this again... done and being modeled............ I want to make one. Is anyone still working on theirs? If so... can I come play?

:heart

:mug

I'm still working on mine...feel free to join in!!!!

:yay So for my first question......... can I use a different yarn/cotton?

I am going to be making a trip to Hobby Lobby this next week and thought I would just pick up something there if it will work. ???

I'm actually thinking of a foam green color ... with a couple different color liners so that I can wear the same skirt yet it look different.

Thanks for letting me come play.... :hook

Yes, you can. :U You can use 2 strands of #10 held together, or I think a #3 thread will work. There is almost no difference in the thickness of the #3 to the #5, well, obviously there is, but I use #3 all the time, especially for Crochet Garden baby dresses, and my skirt was #5, so from my own judgement, #3 like Aunt Lydias or Royale would work just fine. ;)

Yes, you can. :U You can use 2 strands of #10 held together, or I think a #3 thread will work. There is almost no difference in the thickness of the #3 to the #5, well, obviously there is, but I use #3 all the time, especially for Crochet Garden baby dresses, and my skirt was #5, so from my own judgement, #3 like Aunt Lydias or Royale would work just fine. ;)

AWESOME! I will spend some serious time looking at Hobby Lobby then and see what I can find! I'm excited now... I cant wait to start my skirt!

Be ready for possibly a bunch of questions and bragging when I do good.. heheheheeee :hook

AWESOME! I will spend some serious time looking at Hobby Lobby then and see what I can find! I'm excited now... I cant wait to start my skirt!

Be ready for possibly a bunch of questions and bragging when I do good.. heheheheeee :hook

Sure thing!;)

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.......... looks like I might get the chance to go to Hobby Lobby today.................... :yay

Archived