Paradise Skirt CAL

~Elise~

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hence Croning...I get it :) happpy 50th! Sorry your box was all banged up...glad the yarn was okay. I think it depends so much on the shipper! My boxes usually arrive in good shape, but I've had a package or two come where it looked like someone played football with it! (In general, not just the peaches and creme...I don't order THAT much :lol)

Yay!!! That's great! I'm ordering my yarn tomorrow, but dh is making uuummm.. noises, we are supposed to be saving for our anniversary, b/c in the 10 years we have been married, we have not done anything to celebrate, so this is special. We will see, I really want to make the skirt now, our anniversary is in a few weeks, but we aren't going to the beach till the end of june. So if I order it now, I'll be able to make and wear it at the beach. Hopefully.

If you're ordering your yarn now...want to hold off until June 1 to start or still do it this next week?

We can start when ever you want to. I can run up to Michaels 1 day this week and get a bunch of #10 thread. If I can get enough of the same color, I can double it and use that. I didn't think of that till I re-read the pattern inst. :hook

I did start yesterday, just to get the base chain and first row done, so it would go more smoothly. :hook I did, however, count my chains like 4 times to make sure I had the correct #, and the sc R1 too. I really don't like ripping out sts, so I probably will go back after every row and count out the sts to make sure I didn't add or miss a st. Something this involved, I don't want to mess it up. :D

hello heart, Once you get into the first couple of rounds, the pattern is forgiving, and consistent enough that you shouldn't have to count every round. at least, that's what I was aiming for...I hate to count every round. ;) The hardest part was keeping track of which row/round I was on. :lol

:D Yep, I can see that now. Once you get the first 3-4 rows established, it's easy going. (I had to keep putting it down b/c the baby and the boys running around playing) but I'm up to row 8. :hook and it's going very smoothly. I am inlove already, pineapples are my favorite thing to do.... :c9

babies and boys (and girls) do have a way of interrupting valued crochet time :lol

I'm glad it's going smoothly for you though!

Counting that first row is probably the most frustrating part of the whole thing. :P

I got the first row done last night. I'm ready to do the row of sc.

I'm still trying to finish the care bear and do my class project for the filet class. I got the first two samplers done.

Elise

heart, that looks great! you're off to a fantastic start. Love the color :)

Elise, wow you still have a ton on your plate :P once those foundation rows are set though, it will be a much more relaxing project, I think :)

Archived