Paradise Skirt CAL

~Elise~

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am decreasing after the third row of pineapples, So the 4th row of pineapples will have the decrease, because I'm making it to just below the knee, and my anniv. is tomorrow, I really want to finish this by the end of the month. I think it will have the 1950's skirt shape like Lucy used to wear, it will be pretty. I'm going to focus all my extra time on this, this week. I am getting my materials for the purse swap friday, so I'll be :hook away till then. Hopefully his vacation will come through for the end of the month, if senority doesn't get it. He has almost 10 years, but they're lots who have been there for almost 30 years.... They get dibs.

I've not gotten anything else done on mine. Was too sick to pick up a hook yesterday...and was working on the class doily for the final project over the weekend. (I'm behind there, too :( )

Elise

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! :U I'm beginning the 6th row of pineapples as soon as I find a minute to pick it up. I've been testing this past week for crochet garden and working on the purse swap, as well as making a few little baby things. So, I'm hoping after the weekend to pick up on my skirt. :hook

yay! FYI, and I'll put this in the pattern page, my skirt has been accepted and posted to the Peaches and Creme website, so as a courtesy, I'm going to remove the pattern from the 'ville, but add directions to their site. (here)

It's fun watching your skirts develop :)

• 4 weeks later...

I"m not going to get the skirt completed before tonight's event, unfortunately. I had to add 2 more rows of pineapples before the decrease, because I was using a smaller hook and my pineapples weren't tall enough and the two rows about made up the difference. I'm finishing up the first row of the added pineapples.

I'm loving the pattern and definitely will finish this anyway. I would post a pic, but I've lost the charger for my digital camera. You've got me hooked on pineapples now, I'm really loving how this is looking.

I'm also wondering if I'm measuring the height of the pineapples right. It says from the V at the base...I was measuring from the bottom of the where the single crochets go to start the pineapple...I keep second guessing myself. I'm thinking it could be right below that, but thought I'd ask.

Elise

Oh--afterthought--you know how those are. On the row 11 where you *ch3, sc in the next ch-3 sp, ch 2, sc in the same space... I've changed that to a ch3, it seems to make it a bit easier for me to find the ch 1 spaces two rows up. Small thing, I know, but thought I'd share.

Elise

Elise, I hope you had a great night.

I think I used a ch-3 in that spot a few times too, without thinking. :P guess it depended on my tension. :P

I measured my pineapples from just below the first set of sc's (that start the pineapple) if that makes sense. I hope it does.

Sorry to hear you lost your charger...what a pain. (and seems to me, they aren't always all that cheap to replace, either! grrr)

Heart, can't wait to see yours. halfway! (the second half goes fast, I think...it did for me, anyway)

Guess what...? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I thought I was half way done or just a little more than half way. I'm doing mine to just below the knees. I decided to hang mine up so the pineapples would pull into shape. They (no matter which pattern I make with pineapples) tend to look so short till you block them or smooth them flat with your hand. :D After about an hour, I looked at the skirt again..... :U I'm almost done!!!! Just 1 more row of pineapples then I can make the waist, block, and sew in a lining fabric!!!! WooHoo!!!! I'm so happy I can't stand it! I'm inlove with this! When the pineapples pulled into shape after hanging a bit, they really show, the sts look great! Thank you Momcrochets for this super sweet design and Elise for starting the CAL. I hope to be completely done by the weekend and be able to snap a few photos to post. :jumpyay !!!!!!!! Praise Jesus! ;) I'm seriously so happy I can't stand it. :D

and I want mine to be loooooooooooooooooooong...like almost hitting the ankles long, that's why I didn't mind the extra rows. I am almost through my first cone, but I've got plenty.

I still think momcrochets needs to design a matching top! LOL

Elise

Congratulations heart! I can't wait to see your finished product!!

elise...a matching top? your vote of confidence is overwhelming! :D

the pattern was written originally to be ankle length...that's how I like my skirts ;) so I'm sure yours will turn out lovely!

I'm thrilled that you both enjoy this pattern. It's a real boost to make something and find I'm not the only one who likes what I've created :P

I fell in love with the pattern at first look...it is gorgeous. I'm sure it is going to be worth the work. One of the reasons I liked it WAS because of the length.

and hey--you designed the skirt, a matching tank type top should be NO problem for you! LOL

Elise

Archived