Paradise Skirt CAL

~Elise~

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh! I would so love to! I have to see about getting the yarn. I've about busted my budget for yarn for current projects. :D So I may be a little late starting, but I will definately keep checking in. Great idea! :D

What color did you order? I'm trying to decide. :) I'm making the Walking After Midnight pineapple skirt in DC's Amazing Crochet Lace too. I'm either going to make that one navy, black or brown, so I thought I'd make this one in a light color. Mabey mauve or ecru. I like the lite blue color, but it's been discontinued.

Well, am I flattered! :D I'll keep checking in--if I can help, or just encourage...here I am :D

It should be easy to alter for knee-length, Darlene. There's two sections of decrease in the regular pattern...just do one. and keep holding it to yourself for length. (I know, this one is odd working from bottom up, but that's the direction I wanted the pineapples to go. lol:P) Maybe start with a few less pineapples too. (I'll go look at my pattern and recalc if you need...let me know)

I look forward to seeing what everyone does!

There should still be a light blue in art 960...the other rayon thread...which is the same weight and does come in cones...HTH

I had a hard time choosing colors too...that mint does look nice, and those blues... oh now look, you got me drooling again. that mauve is one I ordered recently for something else, and my dye lot was maybe a tad pale-er, but very close...at least on my pc screen.

heart, one cone should be plenty, unless you're doing an XL size, then you need one and a quarter :P

:D Thanks! I'm doing the s,m,L size. I will be ordering mine on the 22nd. So I will be a bit behind, but.... :D That gives me a few days to think over my color choices. I'll be married 10 years this June, and am hoping to get to go to the beach sometime this summer for a couple of days to celebrate, so hopefully I will have it done in time. :hook That's also why I'm kinda leaning to the watery colors...:manyheart

The mauve does look more like a pale lilac, with a hint of that pink-ish shade in it. No rush, when you start, I'll be around. That would be a fun skirt for a beach trip :) 10 years this summer? Congrats! (Me too. neat!)

The mauve does look more like a pale lilac, with a hint of that pink-ish shade in it. No rush, when you start, I'll be around. That would be a fun skirt for a beach trip :) 10 years this summer? Congrats! (Me too. neat!)

Yay!! Congrats to you too! :clap

I have it narrowed down to the petalspun # 41 turquoise or the 960 colonial blue. I thought I could do 2 under skirts, so I will have a different look depending on which I use. A khaki/light tan color, and then a plain white. What do you all think?

My yarn should be here today according to the UPS website. But, I'm still not quite finished with a Care Bear I'm making for one of the granddaughter's Bday.

I may go ahead and start on the skirt or I may wait a day or so until I finish the Care Bear.

heart, I think two liners is a nice idea...I think it will look great with both combo's.

Elise...did it arrive safely? :)

It arrived...glad there was only yarn in the box because it was WAY beat up

Archived