I Love You Hubby - cal :)

Hello folcs

i have this afghan that DH wanted it loooooooooong time ago and sincy it reached that part when the single round takes half an hour i stopped working on it

so i thought after seeing the hubby swap, what about a cal just for HUBBY to get things done for him and makes him soooo happy about his new stuff

i want to get his afghan done :eek

i want to do some scarves ( i know in winter i will be so lazy to crochet them) :crocheting

and a couple pairs of socks will make a nice warm feeling while walking in home :c9

i don`t know whats else :think

ok i hope i`ll find lots of participants with me :clap

Well Dear I'm in.... Hubby asked me last winter to make him a scarf or two dressy ones he can wear to church and so since i got some sport weight yarns i think I will go ahead and make them for him.. What a great idea....

I will see if I find some sort of mans hat i can make for him too for the winter months...

I would dare to make a afghan but he never wanted to use the quilted one i made him and never used the afghan one either cause he say it was too much work for him to use it.. Men go figure.....

Well count me in.....

I'll probably join your CAL. I have promised hubby an LSU afghan and haven't gotten around to starting it yet. I have several projects I'm working on now but should be able to start after the May Charity CAL weekend.

Jennifer, will you make me an LSU afghan, too? :lol I grew up in Baton Rouge with all that LSU noise. Was listening on the radio on Halloween night in 1958(?) when Billy Cannon made his history-making kick off return for a touchdown against Ole Miss.

I don't know how old you are but I can be your big sister, mother or maybe even your grandmother. I mean, just because this is for loving hubbies...

I'll probably join your CAL. I have promised hubby an LSU afghan and haven't gotten around to starting it yet. I have several projects I'm working on now but should be able to start after the May Charity CAL weekend.

Jennifer, will you make me an LSU afghan, too? :lol I grew up in Baton Rouge with all that LSU noise. Was listening on the radio on Halloween night in 1958(?) when Billy Cannon made his history-making kick off return for a touchdown against Ole Miss.

I don't know how old you are but I can be your big sister, mother or maybe even your grandmother. I mean, just because this is for loving hubbies...

I am going to wing it on the LSU ghan so I'll have to let you know how it turns out. :D My plan is to do the ghan in purple with block letters in yellow/gold. We have these big paw print refrigerator magnets and I am going to try to design something similar. :think

I have lived in Louisiana almost my entire life. Was in Houston for just over 3 years but we have been back for almost 5. BTW- the history making kick off return was a little before my time but hubby is such the fan that he could probably tell me all about it. :blush

I plan to make my dh an afghan. I'll join you when I get the yarn. It may be next month before I'm able to get it. He was complaining that I make stuff for everyone else but not for him:( Hopefully I can get it done by Christmas without him seeing it--which will be a challenge :D

welcome tracy

it has been very long time since i`ve seen you around :hug

DH is next to me i`ll wait till he goes to wrk all night and i`ll work on his afghan :yay

Yes it has been a while since we were on the same CAL, we did the blue ribbon star back in 06 I believe. And at that time you were engaged, now you are married. Congratulations! Much has changed since way back then, but there is so much that has stayed the same as well. Thankfully, the 'Ville and it's members stay a constance. It is good to be on a CAL with you once again.

tracey

yup now my daughter is 14mths old :yes

weeeeeew time passes so fast hehehe :lol

so how`s everyone in their hubby`s stuff???

i picked the afghan and gonna give it more time to finish it soon

I'm in, I started an afghan for DH a month or so ago and haven't touched it since

ok did 5 more rows on the first strip for DH's afghan tonight, after getting a jump start on some stuff for the charity CAL, when I finish the first strip I'll take a pic

Well, I started DH's afghan over the weekend (while traveling). I decided to ask what colors he wanted--crimson and cream (OU colors) or did he want a navy blue in it as well as he loves red, white and blue. He decided on the three colors. I'm making a rectangle granny square.:crocheting

:clap:clapI have worked a few rounds on the afghan. We keep our grandsons (4 yr old and 9 mo old) during the week, so I only get to crochet when the little one is asleep (impossible to keep the yarn out of his hands/mouth :D). I hope to get more done today as they are with mom today.

Got a lot done on Sunday.

Well, I had to order more yarn. I knew I would have to, but crafts etc. had the yarn on sale, so I went ahead and ordered what I hope is enough. I will have to wait until I get it. Hopefully by the end of the week. In the mean time, I'll work on some other projects.

Hi Athba,

I thought I'd join in to make dh some nice warm soft socks for when summer is done.

I always have so many projects going, his kind of slip into the cracks and never get done. I am giving myself lots of time to finish it before the cool weather comes back.

Should be starting next week, as soon as my purse swap is done ;) .

Not easy to make things for him as he is always around and asking what I am making, so I have to empty a draw to tuck it in when I hear him coming upstairs :lol . But I really want it to be a surprise. I have some bright colored Merino super wash that should be perfect. :hook

I couldn't believe that I got my yarn yesterday (Wednesday)!! :clap:clap I ordered it on Monday from craftsetc. I live in Oklahoma City and that's where Hobby Lobby hqs is located and I just figured it would be at least a week before I got the order. So I'll continue with the afghan this weekend. It would be nice to have it done by Father's Day but I'm not sure I can do that.

I sometimes don't get to crochet in the evening. :( Depends on how things go with my grandsons. The little one is usually asleep by 8 but the older one wants to play and read, and I feel that's more important. :) Sometimes I will crochet if I can get him to sleep by 9 or so. He wants to learn but I think I'll wait until he's a little older. I tried but he got too frustrated.

I'm also working on a prayer shawl and almost have it done, and then there's the Christmas presents I want to make--it's never ending!! Too many projects not enough time :yes

welcome

it`s been quite in here

maybe some photos well refresh the cal :yes

Uh Oh, photos, my least fav part of every project. Means fighting with camera to get it to do what I want and not what it wants, :lol. Can you tell I am not into digital photography?

But I think Athba may be right, as soon as I have a moment (more like an hour ;)) I'll post pics of the yarn I want to use.

I think I hear the pitterpat of my camera running down the stairs, :lol.

Look out camera, here I come.

Archived