Afghans using multicolor yarn

amyelise

So I recently acquired a bunch of multicolored yarn and I would like to make an afghan out of it. Does anyone have any patterns that look good with multicolored yarn? And maybe some pictures too? Thanks so much!:)

I made my hubby (who is warm most of the time) a large granny square afghan using multicolored yarn in earth-tones. He loves it!!!! The open pattern of the granny keeps him just warm enough to be comfortable when he falls asleep on his chair.

Here is the link for a picture- hope it comes thru.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97364

So many patterns look so lovely in multicolor yarn. Good luck finding what you like.

Would love to see the final project.

Thanks for the suggestion and the picture Arlinka. I think I would try that except I just finished a granny square afghan and I want to try a different pattern for a while.

Do you have a picture losingmymind2 of your afghan so I could see how the colors come together? It would be great if you could post it. Thanks!

I would definitely suggest using a matching solid color with your afghan. With a multicolor yarn, you won't be able to see the afghan pattern. It will just become lost in all the color. I always use a matching solid with variegated yarn.

Here are a few a have made with multi colored yarn, I do mix mine with solids:

th_IM001713.jpg

This one is made of size 10 thread and is a shell stitch

th_Dstrental2009.jpg

This one is made of super saver yarn, a multi and a solid also a shell stitch

th_craigslist010.jpg

this one is made from several different yarns, and is a RR

I do stripes of the multi-color and at least 2 solids that go well with the multi-color.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived