Favorite Stitch

Well working on a new stitch the long single crochet yikes that is difficult for me but let me tell you I'm working on it at first it is hard but I do like the stitch so I'm wondering does anyone have a favorite stitch that you like working with or like to try?

I just learned the Tunisian simple stitch, it has to be my favorite so far. It is very addicting when you learn something new hehehe. The long single crochet sounds fun, maybe I will give that a try too!

I too like the double crochet as well as the granny square pattern. You can do so much with both those stitches.

I think my favorite has to be the half-double crochet. It's large enough that it doesn't take forever to make fairly large pieces like afghans, but it's small enough to be tight enough to not leave the piece full of holes.

There is another stitch that I absolutely LOVE, though, I think it's called the short single crochet. I learned it in a sweater pattern I bought from Crochet Kim (the Sunday Best sweater pattern) and I love it because one side of the piece looks like crochet, and the other side looks like it's knitted! I can't tell you how it goes, though, because the only explanation of it that I know is the one that is part of Kim's pattern, and I don't want to do anything wrong with regard to copyright rules, but if you buy Kim's Sunday Best sweater pattern, I promise you'll love it!

Elle,

Is the stitch you are talking about the one where instead of putting your hook under the two bars at the top of the chain as you normally would, you put the hook through the vertical bars underneath? When you do this, it takes a little while before you can see what the pattern looks like, but it is the only way I know of besides slip stitching every row to get the effect or tunisian crocheting.

Elle,

Is the stitch you are talking about the one where instead of putting your hook under the two bars at the top of the chain as you normally would, you put the hook through the vertical bars underneath? When you do this, it takes a little while before you can see what the pattern looks like, but it is the only way I know of besides slip stitching every row to get the effect or tunisian crocheting.

Yes. :)

I like HDC.. I also like the treble or the triple crochet.. it's huuuggeee! I made a blanket using that one.. my toes usually stick through the holes, but that's okay.

I'm also a fan of the double-base chain, which I had to learn how to do for the tank top I'm making. It left a cute edging that I'm going to probably (and easily) add trimming to.

• 2 months later...

Sometimes my favorite stitch is whatevery project I'm working on:lol

But mostly it's double crochet. It's simple but not too large but large enough to complete a project quickly. Usually I use that if I'm making making up something like my Socks I did this weekend, I was using left over yarn and just did a simple double crochet.

Debbi

Well, my favorite stich pattern is the BRICK stitch, also called the crazy stich, it is SO versitile, I have used it for dishclothes, afghans, you name it. My LEASTE favorote is the PICOT..........lol..I avoid it like the PLAUGUE..if I see a pattern that has it, I wont even work the pattern..lol..

Archived