FINISHED PICS POST #63 Comfortghan for my Mom

heart

Yay! Squares are coming in! Praise the Lord! :jumpyay

(clickable)

th_1237494938.jpg th_1237494977.jpgth_1238093773.jpgth_1238446821.jpgth_1239302338.jpg

th_1239050698.jpgth_1239047267.jpgth_1239050760.jpgth_1237839860.jpgth_1237659471.jpg

th_1238786766.jpgth_1238786731.jpgth_1238786812.jpgth_1238612383.jpg

th_1238612478.jpgth_1238093823.jpgth_1238445417.jpgth_1237659498.jpg

th_1238612555.jpgth_1237659548.jpgth_1238445590.jpgth_1238446775.jpg

:woo

Hi! I wasn't sure about doing this at first and it has taken me awhile to decide to ask. I'd like to make a comfortghan for my mom. I know everyone has or knows someone with health proplems, and how they can become depressed because of them. A few years ago, my Mom was hit by a car. She had pins placed in her leg. Now the pins are inflamed and she needs to have them replaced. She is afraid of surgery and hasn't had it yet. Since the incedent her overall health has went down hill. She had a heart attack 2 years ago, and because of this, she has alot of health issues, such as swelling, bloodpressure, she also has diabetes. She has been to the er a few more times with chest pains, but it was anxiety. It seems as if everything just keeps piling up and she is having a hard time mentally because of it all. She is only 48, so she is still young. She needs a big :hug of encouragement. She lives in Kentucky and I live in South Carolina, so it's hard to help her the way she needs.

I'm going to be making her an afghan in her favorite colors. Blue and yellow, and I will do the flat braid joining (from priscillas website, I printed it off several years ago, I think it has since been shutdown...not sure) to join the squares.

So if you would like to help, I will be taking 12" squares in any shade of blue or yellow, solid, multi, and verigated are all ok. White too. Scraps work great. If you would like to help but don't have the time to make a 12" I will also take 6", because I can make 3 to go with it and have a 12" square that way too. Those are really pretty, and if you'd like to add a little note or card of encouragement or keeping her in your prayers, that would be very much appreciated. Please just don't comment on her depression, I just want to let her know that there are people out there who care that she is here and that she isn't alone in what she feels. It's hard on people when they are sick for so long, a little kindness goes a long way.

Please pm me if you'd like to send a 12" or a 6" square, or just a note of encouragement. Maby add a bookmark to it. I waited, debating about asking as I mentioned in the beginning, because I don't like to ask for things for myself, but this is for my Mom and the good that will come from this far out weighs my :blush for asking for something. Thanks to everyone who helps and to those who include her in your prayers (her name is Tammy).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah - I would love to help you in making this for your mom. I was looking for womthing to do with the yellow yarn I had.....:D I will be making a 12" square.....now to find one:hook

Yay! Thank you both so much! I'm so excited about this. I can't imagine how she will feel opening the mail and seeing the afgnan made from so many people. She taught me to crochet 10 years ago, and now she can't remember how to start a granny square. I've sent her instructions as well as some started to look at, I know she will love this. Thank you. When we're all done up I'll post a photo of the finished blanket. :)

Yay!! Thank you both for wanting to help. :D I've pm/e~mailed you both with the addy. Thanks again. I can't wait to put it together. I'm so excited, I feel like a kid at Christmas. It feels good to help someone, especially my Mom. :woo

Hey hon.. have a blue square ready to mail to you.... will PM you for an address!!

Hugs and prayers to you and your mom

:heart

:mug

Haha, That was funny. I think I read your post as you were getting ready to pm me, and we pm'd each other at the same time. :D (or else I saw the message before I saw the notification of a message) I sent you my address. Thank you so much. :woo

I sent you a pm. Thank you! :)

Thank you to Dawn!! She sent 2, 12" squares in beautiful shades of blue and yellow. Very french country. I'm going to put photos of each square received in the first post so we can see them all in the same place. When we're done, I'll post the finished afghan there too. Thanks everybody! and Thank You again Dawn for sending the first squares!! :woo

I sent you a pm. Thank you! :)

Thank you to Dawn!! She sent 2, 12" squares in beautiful shades of blue and yellow. Very french country. I'm going to put photos of each square received in the first post so we can see them all in the same place. When we're done, I'll post the finished afghan there too. Thanks everybody! and Thank You again Dawn for sending the first squares!! :woo

Your Welcome glad they made it to you ok.

Archived