FINISHED PICS POST #63 Comfortghan for my Mom

heart

I have somehow gotten confused with some squares. I received 2 beautiful blue squares, 1 is solid and 1 is bule and white verigated. Thank you for those. My boys mixed up the envelopes so I'm trying to figure out who to thank, because I want to thank everyone. Your help is really appreciated and will definately help my mom alot. Her mental state is fragile at times. This afghan will be a big show of love and comfort, as well as be a beautiful afghan for her. I bought some white yarn this morning and am hoping to start this evening assembling the squares. It will take a few days, and I'll post pics when I'm done. I know there are still more coming in, and I can definately use them, the great thing about the flat braid joining is you can keep adding and adding squares. It's great. :jumpyay Have a beautiful Day everyone, all day long! :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have somehow gotten confused with some squares. I received 2 beautiful blue squares, 1 is solid and 1 is bule and white verigated. Thank you for those. My boys mixed up the envelopes so I'm trying to figure out who to thank, because I want to thank everyone. Your help is really appreciated and will definately help my mom alot. Her mental state is fragile at times. This afghan will be a big show of love and comfort, as well as be a beautiful afghan for her. I bought some white yarn this morning and am hoping to start this evening assembling the squares. It will take a few days, and I'll post pics when I'm done. I know there are still more coming in, and I can definately use them, the great thing about the flat braid joining is you can keep adding and adding squares. It's great. :jumpyay Have a beautiful Day everyone, all day long! :)

Sarah,

The blue squares are from me. I saw them on your first post and was glad to see they made it okay. The comfortghan for your Mom is going to be beautiful.

Sarah,

The blue squares are from me. I saw them on your first post and was glad to see they made it okay. The comfortghan for your Mom is going to be beautiful.

Yay!!! :yay Thank you so much! I was worried I wouldn't be able to thank the right person. :D The afghan is coming along beautifully! I will work on it some more tonight, when the kids are settled in.

Thank you very much! :hug

They will be here. :) Not to worry. It will take me a while to finish all the joining. I was going to go to Kentucky tomorrow, but hubby says to wait till friday. Plus I've been babysitting for a friend, So I won't finish till after we come back after Easter. Thank you very much for your time and effort. It helps alot.

:jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay:woo I received Mainley Craftys 3 beautiful squares today!!!! Yay! Thank you so very much! They are absolutely beautiful! I posted them in the first post, but am posting them here as well because this thread is getting a little long, YAY! This blanket is going to be beautiful! Look at the squares, they're 2 that are almost the same, from 2 different people... :) You all have done a beautiful job on these squares. Each one is a special blessing. Thank you all so much! And guess what..... Yes, I still have more coming, Yay! This afghan is going to be so big, I haven't ever made one that will be this size. Praise Jesus!!! :jumpyay

Mainley crafty's squares....

th_1239047267.jpg

th_1239050698.jpg

th_1239050760.jpg

Another absolutely beautiful square arrived today. Thank you JmcCrochet!!!!! It's in the first post too. and the afghan is coming along nicely. I expect to be done with in a week or so after Easter. Hopefully. :D I have several wip's for charity I'm working on right now too. Have a beautiful Easter weekend everyone! Praise Jesus!!!

Just wondering if you still need squares. I made a note card up to contact you earlier and it got misplaced in the rearranging of my room, sorry :(. I feel for your mom and can understand about her depression and health issues. I've battled depression all my life and have been a diabetic for 22yrs. In Dec. 2005 had my right corrated artery cleaned out, it was almost totally blocked. A stent had to be put in my heart to get to the artery. Two weeks later in Jan. 2006 I went in due to chest pain and had a quadruple bypass.

Anyway, I'll be more than happy to help with squares if you need more. Just let me know. Have a good week. :hug

Andrea :sheepjump

Just wondering if you still need squares. I made a note card up to contact you earlier and it got misplaced in the rearranging of my room, sorry :(. I feel for your mom and can understand about her depression and health issues. I've battled depression all my life and have been a diabetic for 22yrs. In Dec. 2005 had my right corrated artery cleaned out, it was almost totally blocked. A stent had to be put in my heart to get to the artery. Two weeks later in Jan. 2006 I went in due to chest pain and had a quadruple bypass.

Anyway, I'll be more than happy to help with squares if you need more. Just let me know. Have a good week. :hug

Andrea :sheepjump

Bless your heart! and thank you so much. I do have enough squares now. I've been working on putting it together. I would love to add your card to the package I'm sending. If you'd like to send directly to her let me know. I can pm you my/her addy. Thank you for your compassion. :hug

There's an update on my mom on my blog. http://sarahsweethearts.blogspot.com It's today's post. I'm moving the comfortghan to the top of my list so I can take it to her. I have to get it finished, so everything else is on hold. I should have it done tonight or tomorrow. My boys have an awards ceremony at school today, after that I can get to work. We didn't get to go in for Easter, but we will be going in very soon. Just working out the time with my husbands work and kids school and everything.

Yay! Half way there. The way this is going I'll be done and ready to add a border by tomorrow. :jumpyay Thank you all so very much. It is beautiful already! and so big, I will try to hang it in a tree outside tomorrow for a full size pic. ;) Provided it isn't raining. :D

Look!!!!! :jumpyay:woo YES! It's finished! YAY!!!! :D There are 2 squares not in the ghan, the multi colored one and a solid blue one, I'm turning them into the library tote I talked about earlier. That will be a big help to her. If there are anymore squares coming in I will turn them into pillows to go with the ghan. I had to finish it up quick, there's more info on my blog, about 1 or 2 posts before the top one.

Thank you to you all for your time and talent. Your ability to jump right in and help with your prayers, your time, your cards and talent have amazed me. This is all because you have a big heart and want to help. I can not thank you all enough. If I can ever help any of you, please ask. :)

100_0714.jpg100_0716.jpg100_0715.jpg100_0713.jpg

Archived