Check out these bathing suits!

monael

I think I just recently saw a story about the woman who designs these suits on TV, can't remember what show I saw. Some of them are really neat. I just wonder how they hold up wet??? :lol

And though the baby suits are cute, the idea of a string bikini on a baby makes me break out in hives.

I agree; my dd is only 7 mos, but I could never let her out of the house in one of those baby suits.

I went out of my way to find a one piece suit for her and got lucky that it came with a sarong! My dh was a little upset about the leopard print, but I told him it was the only one-piece suit they had on clearance (we have four kids, so we save money where we can~~the suit was only $4.00) so he said okay.

This lady is one of my favorite designers. She's great with what she can do with bathing suits. Her designs have been in several of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Editions, also in lots of other mags. She had contacts with the fashion industry, because she used to work in it.

My daughter is two. We have a pool from Walmart that we put in the back yard. My in laws have one at their house. We bought her a two piece this year and she had two last year. I have a pattern to crochet a two piece for her for next year or the next. I probably wouldn't take her to a public pool in the ones on that site but I see nothing wrong with them for home in her own wading pool.

Except maybe that last one because it seems uncomfortable the way it rides up.

:)

I think at home the baby suits would be ok, but our public pools require a swim diaper and they would look mighty goofy with a big old swim diaper. I work part time at a preschool and we have splash days and I much prefer two piece suits just because it's easier to change their dipeys.

I love the idea of a crocheted suit for myself, but the idea of lining it is daunting, because lycra is so slippery. I tried to work with it once and it ended in tears.

Bikinis on babies are cute. String bikinis on babies are really iffy for me. So are triangle tops. I have bathing suit issues... lol. I once saw a bikini in Sears for toddlers that looked like pasties held on by string. I was completely offended.

I like the little white baby bikini top on that site though. Totally cute.

And the adult suits are very pretty but I'd consider them private party suits too. Actually if they had more bottom coverage I think I'd adore most of them.

I'm not very prudish. My daughters do both wear bikinis; they're especially practical for the elder, since a 3T one-piece would be baggy on her but an 18mos one-piece wouldn't fit lengthwise. An 18 mos. bikini, however, is perfect. But comfort & practicality are my two biggies when it comes to baby clothes, and those bikinis just don't have it. Plus, as was mentioned, they'd never cover up swim diapers.

Like I said, it's wading pool just for her.

If I put the younger one in the pool diaperless, I can guarantee it'd be no more than 10 minutes before the older one started yelling that "Linda went poo! In the POOL!" :lol

are the prices for real on that site?

hahahaha I was thinking that too! I ran across this link from Craftster last night and the husband was like WTH?! You could make one of those in a few hours! They _are_ cute but they're not worth even half the price they're charging, heh.

If I put the younger one in the pool diaperless, I can guarantee it'd be no more than 10 minutes before the older one started yelling that "Linda went poo! In the POOL!"

One of the perks of having children years apart.

However if they were closer in age, I'd tell him get in but be forwarned that it's possible pee water. :lol

Although she does hold it for much longer periods now. ;)

Archived