What should I put with dishcloths..

For a gift?

I have a lot of dishcloths/washcloths I've made and am trying to think of something to put with them for a gift.

I want to keep it pretty simple and keep these on hand for last minute gifts.

I was thinking I could get some body wash from Bath and Body Works to put with them but what would you put with them so they are dishcloths instead?

I mean I don't really want to give someone dishsoap! lol But I can't think of anything to put with them to convey that they are dishcloths.

Any ideas?

Now see.. I think dishsoap would be just fine with them if you wanted them to know it was a dishcloth. If you wanted some to be washclothes.. I would add some body soap and maybe candle.

:heart

:mug

theres the using tulle strips to crochet scrubbies (or putting a prefab scrubby in the corner; there's a few patterns out there for that also); a towel cut in 1/2 w/ a crocheted hanger/top on it; i can't get it where i live, but my aunt used to give my mom a box of kitchen soap called "roache" or sumfin like that. a fridgey magnet (kitchen-kitchen), theres a pattern somewhere for the crocheted dishcloths that you put it together to look like pants w/ a poem. perhaps a few recipes (to cook a meal and can clean up afterwards, maybe). a gift basket w/ a few teas, dishcloth, etc in it...maybe??

Sandy

Now see.. I think dishsoap would be just fine with them if you wanted them to know it was a dishcloth. If you wanted some to be washclothes.. I would add some body soap and maybe candle.

:heart

:mug

I agree! As pricey as my favorite dish soap can be, I would welcome a bottle of it with some handmade cloths..you betcha. I've got several weddings coming up in before the end of this year, so I'm very glad to see this thread. I think what I will do for kitchen cloths is include a bottle of Dawn, and a scrub brush... and maybe a spray bottle and the recipe for the homemade kitchen cleaner I like to make. If I do that, I might toss in a bottle of generic amonia too. I know one bride who'd like that...

If I want to do a set I make a pot holder, dishcloth, towel topper, coaster and add a few cookie cutters. I try to tie it all together with a ribbon through the cookie cutters if possible.

I did see where someone had taken a kitchen whisk and filled the bottom with hershey kisses, put it in a clear treat/candy cellophane bag and tied the top with a ribbon, very cute.

One more thing I've done is find a pretty or cute coffee mug, make a matching coaster, add a packet of hot chocolate, mini marshmallows and a peppermint along with a plastic spoon. Put all of it in a cellophane bag and tie the top with a ribbon.

Thanks for all the ideas ladies. I've made the big kitchen sets with scrubbies, potholders, dishrags, etc but just want to keep this small.

I'm glad to see some that think dish soap would be okay. That would be easy!

I like the idea of the cookie cutters and recipes. Especially for the homemade cleaning solution. Very clever.

Keep the ideas coming I'm sure we can all use them.

I think the small bottle of dish soap would be fine.

Some things I've put in with my dishcloths are hand lotion or hand cream, for use after you wash the dishes. You can get those small purse sized ones for a dollar or so at some stores. One time I received a scented candle which I loved. Tea bags or hot chocolate packets are also good with a pretty mug to go with it. I've also sent along note pads that say "Grocery List" on top, or "To Do List". Some cute post-it notes.

I saw online somewhere today a project where someone took off the label from a bottle of hand soap (with the pump) and embellished it with scrapbook stickers, ribbons, etc. Here it is! I'm sure you could do the same thing with dish soap if you could find one with a removable label.

Or make your own dish soap dispenser from a clear pump bottle. I am sure you can find some at a dollar store, then fill it with dish soap/ You can embellish the bottle to match what you have crocheted. If you buy the soap in bulk, then you can fill several bottles.

I love the bottle dress idea. My first thought would be to include a recipe card with your favorite recipe written on it. I'd do one each for appetizers, salad, main course and of course dessert.

I really like homemade gifts!

anna

Archived