How about a Super Bowl CAL?

LegalWoman17

So here is my Super Bowl CAL project - a scarf. The colors aren't quite true in the picture. It is white and a plum color.

th_HPIM1015.jpg

I love that scarf. what a neat effect with the colours switching over. Love that one.

I did manage to get 3 squares made after I rested my hands a bit.

I'm reading this the day after the Super Bowl. I hosted a "Super Bowl Party" for the first time!! My dh is a die hard "Steeler" fan and since I'm from Arizona, thought it would be neat to have a party!! I spent all day in the kitchen. Every now and then I would get to watch the game. I think maybe all together I watched 7 min.

I think Darski started a thread somewhere here at the 'Ville about how long you can go without picking up a hook and yarn. I thought to myself, NEVER, I HAVE to crochet at evening time when dh and I sit and watch our programs. Well, yesterday, Super Bowl Sunday, I didn't even think about crocheting or knitting!! :eek I'm happy for my DH that his "Steelers" won, but sad because my family(all Arizonana's) were for the Cardinals!! But hey, at least the Cardinals can say they were in the Super Bowl!!! And by the score, they didn't let the Steelers run all over them!! (and to be truthful, I'm a diehard "49er" fan(over 20 yrs)!! :lol And if the 49er's play again in the Super Bowl(in my lifetime), I'm having my Super Bowl Party "CATERED"!!!! :lol

I'm reading this the day after the Super Bowl. I hosted a "Super Bowl Party" for the first time!! My dh is a die hard "Steeler" fan and since I'm from Arizona, thought it would be neat to have a party!! I spent all day in the kitchen. Every now and then I would get to watch the game. I think maybe all together I watched 7 min.

I think Darski started a thread somewhere here at the 'Ville about how long you can go without picking up a hook and yarn. I thought to myself, NEVER, I HAVE to crochet at evening time when dh and I sit and watch our programs. Well, yesterday, Super Bowl Sunday, I didn't even think about crocheting or knitting!! :eek I'm happy for my DH that his "Steelers" won, but sad because my family(all Arizonana's) were for the Cardinals!! But hey, at least the Cardinals can say they were in the Super Bowl!!! And by the score, they didn't let the Steelers run all over them!! (and to be truthful, I'm a diehard "49er" fan(over 20 yrs)!! :lol And if the 49er's play again in the Super Bowl(in my lifetime), I'm having my Super Bowl Party "CATERED"!!!! :lol

Fabulous post. you really did get me :rofl

The game isn't quite over yet, but not enough time to start anything else.

So here is my Super Bowl CAL project - a scarf. The colors aren't quite true in the picture. It is white and a plum color.

The Cardinals just scored a touchdown and are in the lead by three. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

th_HPIM1015.jpg

What a pretty scarf! I love the effect of the color switch.

Just a quick announcement that I actually did finish off the last squares for my afghan. Just finish the joining and start the border today. This weekend and this CAL helped to push me on with it.

:lolThink that might be the best way to actually get to see the game!!Cards Did a great job this year.I'm not died heart fan of any team but I watched the cards this year when they played think the pass couple years I watched more football then my dh did.:lol

Just a quick announcement that I actually did finish off the last squares for my afghan. Just finish the joining and start the border today. This weekend and this CAL helped to push me on with it.

:cheerWTG darski :cheer

I'm so glad this CAL helped you along.

Well, I did start that doll for my grand daughter, it's a Strawberry Short Cake doll, but I didn't get to far, only half of the head. I'm a die hard Steeler fan and just had to watch every play. The Cardinals did give them a run for theri money. Very good game on both parts, just tooooooo many penalties. Well now I can finish this doll and get if off to Queen Creek, Arizona where my daughter, son in law and grandaughter were all routing for the Cardinals. Maybe next tine Arizona. :)

• 2 weeks later...

:think ok i might be looseing my mind but here it goes any way. I was looking around on here the other day and come across someones post of a mile a minute football afghan which were in the Steelers colors and i even saved the picture in my computor and now that i have gone back to find the picture on the post i can't find it. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? I want to make it in my husbands football team colors which are the :cheerBENGALS:cheer. What i am actually looking for is the pattern for the football that is in the center :crocheting so that away i know that i will have the pattern correct. I thought that is was in this catagory (How about a super bowl Cal?) but i believe i might have been mistaking. I would greatly appreciate if any one can help me......:yay

Hey Angie if you find it let me know. I would like to make one in Steeler colors. If I find it I'll let you know. will start looking.

:) hi prpl4me :) after i posted that i started looking on other web sites and ended up at Amazon.com and found the book :yay that has the pattern in it, it is called ANNIE'S FAVORITE SPECIAL OCCASIONS CROCHET PROJECTS,on the front of the book that i bought it has an afghan of pumpkins on it. It didn't cost very much it was under $10.00. :cheer When i received the book today in the mail you wouldn't believe how happy i was.:cheer:hook Now it's time to buy the yarn and start working on it.:hook

Hi angiew75!

Glad to see that someone else is digging up my Steeler MAM again!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79746&highlight=Steelers

It went to Heinz Field for both playoff games with its new owner, my sister! Maybe it brought them the luck they needed for the win.

Anyway, if I can offer any advice, feel free to PM me. One thing I will say that helped me keep my sanity while doing those 60 footballs, is that I did not follow the directions for the lines and laces on them. The pattern said to crochet in the parallel lines and embroider the laces. I didn't like the way the lines looked. So I just crocheted all the footballs in solid brown, and embroidered all the lines with one very long piece of yarn, and did the best I could to hide the yarn on the back.

Good luck with your undertaking!

Thanks angiew75, is that the pattern Football mom posted a picture of???

Footballmom, I started that pattern and I didn't like the way you had to stop and start with the brown and the white so I stopped making it. I only did 3 footballs. Maybe I'll start again and do it your way and in Steeler colors of course. I just love the Steelers. I was at Hines field the fall after they built the staduim, but not for a game, just a tour with some high school kids that were on a field trip to Heinz Field (long story) lol:)

Thanks Footballmom for the advice you might be right on the white lines. I'm only on my secound one and i might just do what you did, all in brown and then put the white in them. Also thank you for posting the link again, i knew that i seen those pictures on someone's post's just couldn't remember who posted it. :cheer

Hello prpl4me, yes that is the post that footballmom posted. :clap And don't give up on making your mam afghan i am gonna try what footballmom suggested about crocheting :crocheting the football in all brown then stitching the white in. If that works easier for me, I will let you know. :hook Then maybe you can try it to, If you haven't already started on it again.:crocheting

:D Thanks for everyone's help I greatly appreciate it!!!!!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Well i am already have way through my Bengals football afghan for my husband :cheer and i tried to do the footballs first then put the white in them and that did not work for me.:( But i did come up with a new way of the whole thing,:yes instead of finishing off after each end and starting a new one.:crocheting Just keep turning your work so that the front white stitches are all facing the right way, and continue until you have the amount of football's you want for the length.:crocheting Also the pattern says to crochet around each football to finish it off. So you wont do that until the end of all of them and then crochet around them. If any one has any questions just ask i will try to help and explain.:lol

Archived