MY First time Crocheting SNOWFLAKES w/ SWAROVSKI BEADS

sunnywolfgar

All of these :flake snowflakes:flake are crocheted by: me. I started right before Thanksgiving 2008 and finished right before Christmas 2008. Last package was mailed the Dec.23rd, 2008.

2 of the snowflakes came out of snowflke books, which I put up to Ebay,didn't like the directions in the books. All of the other snowflakes are crocheted by: Terry Devine and are motified from Magic crochet and Decorative crochet books by using the center of doilys. many things was changed, for instance crochet stitches,if called for sc I used DC, TC etc. borders was changed , rows was doubled,chain rows was sc over or dc over to make it look thicker,etc .

Swarovski beads was used on most of them. 1 has just plain glass beads, I didn't like the look. 3 snowflakes have Fire Polished beads,They are not good in snowflakes. Just don't have the look as the Swarovski Beads does under the tree.I also used size 10 and size 20 crochet threads. I liked size 10 better when it comes to :flakesnowflakes.

Am I making more -YES- for our home.I plan to make 24-30 for our christmas tree. Plus 2 Snowflakes Doilys. All of these snowflakes you see here was for christmas gifts to many people for Christmas 2008..

2092025640101035607XWTbfy_th.jpg <<< clickable for more there is alot more.

Snowflakes:flake on the :ctree christmas :flaketree :ctree:flakeis so much better in person:yes.

sunnywolfgar

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just see that somehow I missed my email on these respones. sorry,,

but wanted to say thank--you on all the kind and wonderful words.

and yes, I do enjoy crocheting with beads and threads, but I would have to say I will be glad when I get the rest of the snowflakes done..:sigh

yep, I'm still making more, taking me a while cause right now so much other stuff going on. I'm crochet on the snowflakes inbetween 3 other projects. :yes

I cannot wait to get started on snowflake doily!

• 1 month later...

When you stiffen the snowflakes, doesn't it dull the beads? I saturate mine with stiffener and then pin them to a board for blocking.

Txnanny

• 1 month later...
When you stiffen the snowflakes, doesn't it dull the beads? I saturate mine with stiffener and then pin them to a board for blocking.

Txnanny

when I stiffen the snowflakes it does not make the beads cloudy, I leave them in the starch water about 30 minutes or so. and yes, I do block my snowflakes you have to- to get the shape.

:bowThank--you proud cavwife, unicorn, pebbles. You guys make me want to get busy on snowflakes:yes:yes:yes . All that white:ohdear ! I don't like crocheting with lots of white. but the snowflakes sure are pretty when I do get them done.

I am taking a little break from snowflakes. All that white needed a break and went with green for a bit already finished a green doily. I had my shealth surgercy on my arm-wrist area and I am back to crocheting on the 4th day after it was done. Almost finished the scarf I started the day before the surgercy, I wanted something I could crochet using a larger hook because I just don't know how its gonna be after the surgercy.

I still got the other green doily to finish up and crochet. and yesterday I started making some covers for my little ice cream bowls with Vanna yarn I got at michels the other day it was half off. I love that variaged purple. she didn't have cream color and what she does its to tannish for me so I use Linin and it has a touch of silver in it. silver color yarn can go with anything.

I can still crochet yeaaaaaaaaa!:clap:clap:c9:c9:c9

I was worried :eek there for a while thinking well I can always crochet with my left hand would take a while to get used to that tho. I was born to crochet till the end of my living days~~~~ The doctor said I could still crochet but I wondered:eek? now thats its all over I am so happy.

sorry I haven't been here much just alot going on.

We found another realtor and got the house back up on the market.:yes

When I get this other green doiy done I'll be ready for white again.

Thanks all.

sunnywolfgar

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know why those pictures are small. I will have to try another way. They were bigger at one time.

Lets see if this works to make them bigger. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Thank-you so much everyone for all the kind words.

I'll be making more. and I have not finished the other 2 snowflakes. They are on the back burner. Enjoy the pictures.

sunnywolfgar

post-1457-135897504371_thumb.jpg

post-1457-135897504375_thumb.jpg

post-1457-135897504379_thumb.jpg

post-1457-135897504383_thumb.jpg

post-1457-135897504386_thumb.jpg

Archived