Puppy Christmas Collar

The Happy Housewife

My Hubby and I got a Westie for our Christmas present. We picked him up on the 6th and I've had my hands full ever since! I made a little green collar w/ a red ribbon for him to wear when we visit our family in South Jersey. We can't very well wrap him up in paper, but we can make him look festive. It's impossible to get him to stay still to get his picture taken!

3103025402_03e9a32f57_m.jpg He was biting my hand, but it helped me get the shot. :)

3103026060_a5a7c58d1b_m.jpg

3103025592_0ce9e854d6_m.jpg I used a small button to fasten it.

Too cute! We play with a Westie at the dog park every weekend, and she's darling. You should check out Roli's jingle bell collar, too. It's a harlequin-type collar with little bells. I made 2 for my dogs last year, and love them (one green, one red). Patty
The Jingle Bell Collar is adorable! I only wish Stuart would behave long enough for me to crochet some more. I've only done about an hour of stitching in the last several days and I think I'm going through withdrawl! :P

so cute could you share the pattern?
I'm glad you like the collar. I didn't write the directions down but it has a row of mesh pattern (dc, ch1, sk next ch, dc). I used a sport weight yarn and I think an "F" hook.

Row 1 is done in sc.

Row 2 has 3 sc on the end with a dc mesh pattern worked in the middle and then one sc, ch 1 (buttonhole), sk a stitch, sc in next stitch.

Row 3 is done in sc. I sl st around the edges to finish it off. The ends will be narrower because of the sc used in row 2. I think it makes the overlapping ends less bulky. Anywho... sew on a little button and weave in two pieces of ribbon, meeting in the middle. With a needle and thread, tack the ends of the ribbon to the collar. Tie the ribbon in a bow and it's all done.

I hope this makes sense... lol.

• 1 year later...

your collar is so cute...(so is your westie)..can you share the pattern.....i am donating collars in memory of my golden retriever that recently died as giveaways in a local city event and having trouble finding patterns.

thank you so much

Archived